“Great service as stop over”
Review of Super 8 Huntsville

Super 8 Huntsville
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great service as stop over”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the super 8 after checking in after 10pm as most hotels in huntsville were booked. All hotels were price gouging due to unit blanch abd charging over 200 per room that usually costs between 80 and 140. Super 8 charged their normal 108 even though they were almost full and included cont breakfast.

A hotel chain you can trust anywhere for great pricing.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cheryl R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Huntsville
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hotel clean but the smell of febreeze permeates the place. Definitely dark and worn with a facelift neeeded. New beds were quite comfortable though. Asked them to fix the drain that wouldnt work -- they just yeanked the stopper out and placed it on the sink.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank William B
Super8Huntsvilletx, Webmaster at Super 8 Huntsville, responded to this review, 2 March 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay with us. Since that time we’ve improved many aspects of the hotel and our staffing, and we’re now providing a better guest experience than ever before. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to satisfy you.

Hotel Manager
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My stay at Super 8 Huntsville hotel was excellent. The room was very clean and neat daily. The free breakfast was delicious! Excellent customer service. The hotel was accessible to my events. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recent went to Huntsville, Texas (I know, I know, but it couldn't be avoided) and most of the Motels / Hotels did not have a room available for Friday and Saturday night. So I stayed at the Super 8. I have never tried the lower end motels, but thought, what the hell.

Facilities:
The facilities themselves were reasonable. The room was clean. The TV had cable and was a flat screen. (so far so good).

Personnel:
The counter and cleaning people were great. They were very responsive and reasonable.

Clientele:
Here's where it got interesting.There were two high school buses in the parking lot when I arrived Friday night (a bad sign). After checking in, I found walking to my room, lots of ne'er-do-wells loitering in the hallways, call each other the "N" word. Most of these Hooligans continued their loud obnoxious behavior until well after midnight. Fortunately, I was packing a lot of Texas heat and wasn't to worried about a bunch of future tenets of the Huntsville prison. Again fortunately, the loud obnoxious ne'er-do-wells left the premises Saturday morning.
After that the motel was quiet and peaceful without their unwashed stench in the hallways.

Would I stay at the Super 8 again?
Only in a pinch.
If I wanted to be lazy and spend time with the future inmates at Huntsville penitentiary, I could have just headed over the prison visiting center.
I did not expect to see the same thing at the motel where I was residing.
My 2 cents...

Room Tip: Choose another motel!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m glad you found the hotel clean, comfortable and accommodating. I apologize that actions by other guests detracted from your stay. Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to have control over who is also staying at the hotel at the same time you are. We’re always working to make the guest experience as pleasant as possible, however, and I hope you’ll give us another chance to satisfy you soon.

Hotel Manager