“ok but not the best”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Huntsville
Granbury, Texas
“ok but not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here three nights in October. The first day at breakfast there was no hot food, just waffles. The second morning breakfast was ok with eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. I had to ask for soap because none was in the room and I had to go down to the desk to get it. As I stayed for three nights, I thought my bed would be made but all they did was pull the sheets and spread back up instead of making the bed. My trash was not emptied and the second day when I got back to the room at 4 pm, the room still had not been cleaned. When they did finally clean it, I had to go and ask the lady for a wash cloth and a hand towel as none were left. I would not stay here again even though the front desk people were very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side would be quieter as the hotel fronts I-45.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Enid, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Huntsville, Texas on the 16th of Oct. 2013. We arrived about 8:30 pm and checked in. While checking in I overheard the hotel attendant talking with a guest on the phone, she stated to the guest that there was no hot water due to all the guests taking a bath at the same time. My son in law called about the lack of hot water around 10:30 pm, and was told that there was a problem with the water heater, and it would be repaired in the morning. I took a cool shower at 6:30 am. There was no hot water at all for anybody else. I stayed in this hotel in Oct. of 2011, and it was very nice, but now it has went downhill very badly. When we checked in we went to our room, and found that the sheets had not been changed on the sleeper sofa, we found trash behind the tv stand and night table. Our daughters room across the hall was no better, there was a pair of sole inserts from somebody's shoes under the edge of the bed, and trash behind the dressers and night stand. Being so late at night and having to be to Galveston early the next morning, we did not find a different hotel. I booked this room through AARP travel, and was told they could not refund the money, so we stayed. I will not stay there again, and would not recommend it to anyone else. I forgot to mention, the desk clerk stated that this was her second day at work here, and she was there by herself, doesn't sound like very good OJT. Hope this helps you make a choice on where to stay in Huntsville, Tx.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Round Rock
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stay here if you like lukewarm showers. We switched rooms after hearing that the 3rd floor usually has a problem with hot water. 2nd floor was not any better. The drawer in the nightstand was filthy. We reported it to the people at the front desk and it was still dirty after they "cleaned" the room. Sheets had stains on them (gross). They were skimpy with towels and kept saying they don't have any shampoo day after day which was a bummer since we didn't bring any (never had this happen before at other Comfort Suites). The A/C fan couldn't be turned off in the room. Staff seems nice but obviously couldn't fix any of the problems we encountered. Definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

When we got to our room the door was not latched closed, the lights were on and there was food in the refrigerator. We were told that the person that had cleaned the room was new and may have overlooked the fridge and stuff. That's kind of understandable and they offered to give us a lower rate for the room which was nice.
When I gave my kids a bath that night and again when I showered the next morning, there was barely lukewarm water. When we told the front desk that there wasn't any hot water they just said "ok thanks". No apology, no "thank you, we'll have that checked". So overall, not the best experience. I would not go to this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Well, I am not sure what is going on with this Hotel. I would expect more from Choice Hotels. I just really do not know where to start. First, I was the first to arrive, by the time the front desk clerk arrived, there were 3 people waiting in line...Seriously? Wait, I am sorry, there was a sign saying, "please ring bell for service." That's it, all good now right? NOT!!! Arrived in the room, spacious and lots of room...that's a good thing. However, it went down from there. Literally, the toilet seat was falling off, both beds squeaked so loud and just not a very good sign. Well, ending on a good note, breakfast was pretty good...Hot coffee and fresh food and so forth... Just not sure if I will stay here again...

Room Tip: No exit out, you have to go like 3-4 miles out of the way to get our of the area...Just be aware of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Orange
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I made my travel arrangements for a meeting in Huntsville about a month and a half before I needed to come up here. My coworkers, who I was going to carpool with, said they always stayed at Comfort Suites and it was nice and clean. Plus since we would have just one car, it meant that we could just knock on each others doors to go some place. Then, on the day we are traveling to Huntsville, at around 10:45am, I get a voicemail that I could barely understand but heard enough that it was from the hotel. I call back and get told that I have been sent to another hotel down the street because they overbooked. I explain that I am with other people traveling, and other than letting me know that I could stay with my coworkers in their rooms, the hotel made no offer to do anything other than give me a letter saying what happened so I could use it to try and get a reimbursement for a non-approved room. While I will not say which hotel I was sent to, as their is not a review against them, it was awful. If they had to do something to make it look like they corrected their mistake, it should have been done with a comparable hotel. The room smelled, had old moldy carpet, no hairdryer or iron in the room (I packed anticipating access to an iron) and the TV worked when it wanted to. Not to mention having outside access, which as a single woman I have always avoided. Being that it was last minute I really did not have time to plan for another hotel search and did not want to burden my coworkers. I understand that accidents happen, and I have stayed with the Choice Hotels brand in the past with much success, but it is very frustrating that this could not have been discovered even the day before so I could have made plans. And just for whining sake, I missed out on having a breakfast of more than cereal and old fruit.

Room Tip: Make sure to call in advance to ensure that you have a place to stay!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LindseyL224
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Everything was good here. Except the pool. I would never let my kids swim in it. It was nasty stagnet looking water. Wish they served breakfast on the weekends at 6 instead of 7am. Our room was nice and clean. Beds were a little hard and their pillows weren't all that. Thank goodness I always travel with my own pillows! But I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013