“Best sushi ever”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best sushi ever”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We love sushi and have eaten it at many different places in the metroplex and even a handful around the country. Aho Yama is by far the best. The rolls are stuffed full of ingredients, not like other places where the rolls are skinny with barely any substance. The presentation is beautiful...very skilled with vegetable carvings. They will accommodate with any roll you ask for even if it's not on the menu. Atmosphere is very nice, clean, relaxing. Lots of customers are regulars and the owner and chef knows them by name. it is the best sushi you will ever have!

Bedford, Texas
“Among three best of those we've visited in Dallas-FW area for balance of quality, price, selection, and service.”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

A small group of us have been eating at different sushi restaurants throughout the DFW area for several years. Each of us has had considerable prior experience with good sushi in other major cities. Now located in the DFW area, we are constantly searching for the overall best values in sushi dining. Having tried two lunches and two evening meals at Ahoyama in Hurst, so far it gets very high marks from me! Ahoyama has plenty of variety in its menu, and I was impressed with the attention they paid to detail. For example: a recent luncheon Bento box was attractive (presentation well done), and the orange was not only selected well, but cut properly. The price of the box included both the soup and salad. For evening dining, I would recommend the Sunset Roll. It is unique, delicious, and one of my favorites. Even the eel is a "must try" for those who do not normally order it. Since our group comes from several different parts of the Metroplex, we have to allow extra time when doing lunch. But it has been worth the 35 minute or so drive from Downtown Dallas just to experience some of the best sushi and sashimi in the area. For those less fortunate, or who want to bring friends or family, it is certainly worth giving it a try some evening.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Friend_of_IEEE
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've had much better sushi and the price was too high for the quality.”
Reviewed 24 April 2008

I've had much better sushi and the price was too high for the quality.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Mmmm...sushi boat is da...”
Reviewed 16 November 2007

Mmmm...sushi boat is da bomb! It's good to order da boat if you have a bunch of people! Me...I got a big family!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Keller, TX
“My favorite sushi place!”
Reviewed 4 November 2007

I have been eating at Aho Yama for years, and they are the best! The only sushi I have ever had that has been better was in Vancouver, B.C. Their rolls are very tasty, and they don't skimp on portions. Excellent place to eat!