“Contemporary and Comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hutto
Golden Eagle, Illinois
“Contemporary and Comfortable”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We arrived late and were pleasantly surprised by the contemporary decor of the hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. The tall bench seating in the breakfast room provided screening of food available and kept food gathers more organized - great idea!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel is very well kept, clean and tidy. We found the people at the front desk to be hospitable and friendly. Checking in went smoothly. Dining recommendations were excellent. We stayed here for two nights and cannot really think of any complaint w/our room. Our room was well prepared. We were located on the 2nd floor, a few doors down the hall from the elevator and the vending/ice area. We would recommend staying here for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms not near the elevator
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in February. PLUSES: The service was friendly and the decor was modern. The bed was comfortable. I stayed on the south side and could hear minor traffic from the highway but I was never woken by it or the trains. The proximity to Highway 79 was close. The bathroom counter and shower walls were granite. breakfast bar was one of the best I'm seen with a large variety of hot and cold foods that would be great for families. The exercise room had two treadmills, a bike, and a weight machine. I used the incline on the treadmill while watching the tv to burn some calories. The tv was a large flat screen with a good selection of channels. MINUSES: The dehumidifier in the pool area was screeching so loudly, it was too unpleasant to use the hot tub. I guess if you kept your head under water, you could manage. I was told that they are replacing the whole unit but that did not happen during my stay. In my room, the bathroom shower head did not have much pressure although the sink faucet seemed to have plenty. It must be a low flow shower head. All hallway noise is heard probably due to the large gap at the bottom of the doors. As long as you have quiet neighbors, this won't be a problem.

Room Tip: North side should have less highway and parking lot noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Placerville, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Customer service was outstanding. Plus..Breakfast included with an automated PANCAKE MAKER! Easy to use and the pancakes were great. Mostly a business clientele with meeting space. Easily accessible and nicely located.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank EDCVisitorsAuthority
ANDYPATEL720, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. It is our goal to make each stay the best ever for our guest. It is nice to know we are doing a good job.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Did an overnight stay in December for 1 night.
The hotel has a Blue color theme, which is slightly loud but adds a distinct character to the hotel.. it's really great.. the gym is decent and so is the swimming pool..
The room size was great.. I booked a King Bed Lesiure.. I think I got an upgrade, due to my gold status, but I am not very sure..

The breakfast selection was also quite decent for a hotel this size and for the room charge I paid.. One of the better breakfast choices, compared to other hotels in this size range..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have stayed at this location twice and it has been well worth it. My number one must have for a hotel is a hot hot tub (no that is not a typo, I have been to places with cold hot tubs) and this place has a great pool area-I just don't understand why it has to tape the switch when it's behind Lowes and next to Home Depot.

Back on the 19th Sherri was running the place and let me say that in all of my Holiday Inn stays I have NEVER encountered a staff member like her. She made me feel like I was the only one here!

The hotel looks brand new (obviously it isn't) with great wall paper and decor. I love the bathtubless rooms with the walk in shower, definitely have to build me one in a future bath remodel-maybe sooner than latter.

Room Tip: There are train tracks close by and it's behind Lowes, I had no problem with either of my rooms...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Upon check in I was greeted by very friendly staff. Room was very clean. Breakfast was good, the usual cereals, yogurt, toast/bagels, plus a pancake machine (I was not a fan of these). The cinnamon rolls they had tasted fresh and were quite good. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hutto
Hampton Inn & Suites Hutto
Best Western Taylor Inn
Candlewood Suites Austin-Round Rock
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock
Best Western Executive Inn
Best Western Executive Inn
#3 of 26 in Round Rock
Hampton Inn Austin-Round Rock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto? Share your experiences!