“Roomy, pretty clean but watch your linens!”

MainStay Suites Ingleside
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ingleside
Reviewed 13 December 2008

I arrived today and you can check in at 3 p.m. - no sooner. I like the room available. I am in room 211. Although I was told over the phone the hotel is two years old it appears renovated. They only have four DVD players at the main desk so if you arrive around 5 p.m. like I did your out of luck. The movie channels are fine with a TV in the bedroom and living area. The kitchen was supplied with real plates and glasses. As the title suggest, the rooms are spacious in living area, bathroom and bedroom.
The only issue was the bed linens. I brought my wife and two children with me for a one night stay. Experience taught us to bring an extra set of sheets since many hotels change the sheets daily but usually not the bed covers etc...We contacted the manager for a complete set of new linens because we found white stains on the covers (not the sheets) and blood stains on one of the pillow cases. The manager was quick to respond and was highly disappointed in the day crew. My wife helped change the linens with her and we were happy after that. While the outside of the hotel leaves something to be desired, the inside makes up for it. If the cleaning crew did their job I would rate the hotel higher but overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 September 2008

We were in the Corpus Christi area over the 4th July long week-end. We had one of the best stays in hotels in a long time. They have friendly and helpful staff. Since we were travelling with 2 small kids, one four and another 13 months ,we had our set of problems.

The rooms had a decent rate and were cheaper than Comfort suites or Best Western nearby. This all even though the hotel is recently built.

The rooms were spacious and had a king size bed with a pull out sofa. Since the 13 month old likes to roll on the bed the staff provided us with extra blankets and pillows so she would not hurt herself. They also provided us with 4 thick blankets on day 2 so we could make her a bed out of those blankets.
The kitchen provided us with enough options to cook a meal and the refrigerator was a full sized one instead of the mini's we see at other hotels.

The rooms were cleaned regularly and the bath had all the required amenties.
The swimming pool was accessable and the kids had fun.

The front desk even made arragements for us to watch the 4th July fireworks at a very kids friendly place.
We would prefer staying there every time we vacation in the area.

• Stayed: July 2004, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2008

Rooms where big and apartment type fully furnished with stovetop, kitchen sink, full size refrigerator. Enjoyed swimming pool and spa where kids had fun. We will definately go there again.

Reviewed 21 August 2008

Well to start,, we arrived to find that they didnt have our reservations. Not sure how they managed to lose a credit card number. So we get another room.

Second.. Im handicap, I specifically asked about and requested a roll in shower, I cant get into a tub. The 'reservations' we made were supposed to book such a room. I told them that a few times while waiting on the second room, and I still ended up with a bathtub.

The manager of the hotel was well aware of my needs, but all he could say was "Sorry, you must have spoken with the other lady, and Im not sure why she booked you the room. we only have one room like that and its been booked all week, not to mention all of the upcoming week". How do you overlook 2 straight weeks? At this point I was personally insulted and crying. They tried to compensate by giving me a "handicap room with roll in shower" to myself, (seperate from the group) free.

That might have cut it.. if I could have showered there. But No, the room wasnt handicap accessible, the shower was merely 3 feet wide. Wouldve worked out great if I literally showered in my wheelchair. There was no room for transfers or other seating arrangments. The shower wasnt accessible. Another slap in the face.

Had there been another handicap room available in ingleside I wouldve left. Fortuately for me, a friend lived in town and was able to get me a bath bench.

The hotel staff had no remorse, or general interest for their guest.

Reviewed 9 August 2008

I first arrived to this city that is not exactly THAT close to the attractions they said, but I was only staying for the night. The room itself wasn't bad if you like Ants in your bed and then when you switch rooms you get Ants in the bathroom. I guess I can even survive that if Orbitz and Mainstay could get their stuff together and not charge me twice for the room. I will never book through orbitz again or stay at this chain. Thanks for ruining the end of a great vacation.

Reviewed 17 October 2007

I’m not sure if this is a new hotel, or newly renovated, but very nice. My room on the first floor had and was nice and clean with 11 ft ceilings, crown molding, nice walk in shower with travertine tile to the ceiling, solid surface countertops in both the bath room and kitchen area. New matching furniture and textured walls. The bedding was new, fresh and clean.
The room is setup so you can sit at the table to eat and swivel the TV so you can see it. The work area (table) has the AC outlet above the table top so you don’t have to crawl underneath to find your laptop plug in. The TV had front RCA jacks so I could plug my Ipod in and watch the TV programs I transferred and converted from my Tivo. The air connditioner was quiet with no annoying sounds or vibrations (I’ve had AC units so noisy, I had to turn them off just to get to sleep). The room was cool with the AC running when I walked in.
The closet has a door and real sized hangers like you find in your own closet at home. No more trying to find the hole in the rod to hang your stuff up.
The kitchen presents itself a notch above what you would expect for the price. Nice cherry wood color stained cabinets, upgraded stainless steel GE microwave and stainless steel face refrigerator. Nice neutral color tile in both the kitchen area and bathroom. The hallways had decorative wood paneling from the chair rail height to the carpet.
Free wireless Internet without having to accept terms and conditions. Just connect and your good to go.
Some cons: The towels were not stocked full. There was only one drying towel, one hand towel, two wash cloths and one bath mat type towel. I would think you should have at least two drying towels…
The toilet did have a dripping sound and the refrigerator door opened to the wrong side (toward the front door and not the kitchen area).
This is a hotel I definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2007

I guess its been a while since this web site has been updated. There are 4 motels in Ingleside, the Bestwestern which is ok but not conducive to disabled people, the Comfort Inn, which is new, but I have not stayed their. The Studio 6 is good, when the right people are at the front desk, Handicap setups not too good but house keeping is very good. Finally The Mainstay Suites were I am now, has good handicap rooms, and the people at the front desk are nice and helpfull, however the owners don't seem to be very friendly, the building is new but windows and doors don't seem to work right and house keeping is not very good.
Thats my personal opinion from experiance and I am sticking to it.
Wayne Waggoner