MainStay Suites Ingleside
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Ingleside)
Neptune Motel(Aransas Pass)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Our experience at the MainStays Suites in Ingelside was incredible! We walked into the room- it was huge! A great place for a family. Everything is brand new. The kitchen has a full size refridgerator/freezer, stove top, and sink. The bathroom was sparkling!!! The staff was so friendly and will get you anything you need. The free breakfast was delicious. Your choice of anything (bagels, cereal, biscuits/gravy, muffins, fruit...). It was 12 miles to Port Aransas and very close to Corpus Christi, too! We will definitely return as soon as we can!!!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Needed a room for one night and could find nothing reasonable in Port Aransas for last minute beach stay. Found Main Stay from reading TA. It was a simple drive from the beach to hotel...maybe 20-30 minutes. Check-in was easy. Room was really quite nice for a chain-type hotel. Comfy bed, nice size bath with granite counter, kitchenette set-up with full size frig, 2 burner stove, microwave and coffee maker, again granite counter tops. Clean enough to be comfortable!! For $89 bucks it was a good deal for the night. Breakfast is included but we didn't partake, just got up early and headed back to Port A for another beach day :)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Upon check-in we were given a room on the 3rd floor. Upon walking in the ironing board was out and when I walked in the bathroom tennis shoes were on the floor. I turned on the light and noticed the toiletries were still in the shower etc. I then went to the front desk to let them know either the room was still dirty or someone is still checked into that room. They put us in another similar room on the first floor. No one there but not exactly that clean. Mold still present in the grout in the shower. A q tip on the corner of the floor near the toilet. I guess they don't sweep. You can tell the microwave wasn't wiped down clean. You could still see grease smudges. Bed linen was ripped. Coffee maker didn't work. The next morning HOT water was coming out of the toilet tank. So if you had any items on top of the toilet tank it got hot as well. Transactions on credit card were incorrect. A/C didn't seem to be on in the hallways. The hotel wouldn't have been so bad if housekeeping was better. I expected better out of this place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2009

I liked the location between the island and Corpus so it was maybe 15 minutes to either beach. Limited dining in town here,but you have full stove,micro,frig,sink for cooking at a budget rate,so take advantage. Store nearby.
Couple frayed edges in room,but clean and well kept. Wireless internet hotelwide,but must say I lost connectivity regularly.Weak signal.
Nice pool(unheated),hot tub,though hot tub got pretty cool second night.
I liked staying here .It wasn't in the middle of the action,but central to everything I wanted,and the 70 dollar rate during spring break sold me.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2008

I arrived today and you can check in at 3 p.m. - no sooner. I like the room available. I am in room 211. Although I was told over the phone the hotel is two years old it appears renovated. They only have four DVD players at the main desk so if you arrive around 5 p.m. like I did your out of luck. The movie channels are fine with a TV in the bedroom and living area. The kitchen was supplied with real plates and glasses. As the title suggest, the rooms are spacious in living area, bathroom and bedroom.
The only issue was the bed linens. I brought my wife and two children with me for a one night stay. Experience taught us to bring an extra set of sheets since many hotels change the sheets daily but usually not the bed covers etc...We contacted the manager for a complete set of new linens because we found white stains on the covers (not the sheets) and blood stains on one of the pillow cases. The manager was quick to respond and was highly disappointed in the day crew. My wife helped change the linens with her and we were happy after that. While the outside of the hotel leaves something to be desired, the inside makes up for it. If the cleaning crew did their job I would rate the hotel higher but overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)