“Not what you expect” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of River Lodging B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ingram
River Lodging B & B
Ranked #2 of 3 Ingram B&B and Inns
Round Rock, TX
“Not what you expect”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2008

First, let me say that we did this last minute and it was our fault. We read the negative review after we paid for it. I was disappointed when I arrived to see Highway 39 in between the B&B and the actual river. However, before I start complaining let me tell you the good parts.
If you like to watch outdoor fires, then this is the place for you. There are small fire pits all along the property. There is a cool outdoor fireplace in the middle of the complex. The wood is there, you just need an axe to chop it up into usable pieces. In each area, there is a barbecue pit, be sure to bring charcoal. The B&B has several kayaks and one fiberglass canoe. NOTE: If you plan on taking the family to use the boats, make sure the keys work in the locks before you drag the whole family across the highway. Also, be sure to have the phone number to the place and bring a cell phone. They do not answer the door bell and there are a couple of HUGE doberman's that patrol the owners house. It is quite the experience walking to the river passing a huge barking dog and walking across the highway. The rooms are nice and you get your own bathroom. There is a small fridge. Breakfast consisted of milk and several choices of small boxes of cereal. The owners seem nice. I think they depend on hired help too much to make sure things are in order. Also, the taste in decor was a little too much. I did not care, but my wife was annoyed. Our 5 year old daughter loved the adventure.
Okay, here are the bad parts, itemized. Owners were difficult to reach except by phone. Light fixtures in kitchen were filthy with dead bugs casting shadows onto the kitchen table. When you open the fridge and look at the floor, there is gooey gunk that had not been cleaned forever. The toilet seat was cracked and probably harbored germs. There was half a roll of toilet paper and that was it. There is a reason that there are not any arial views of the property in relation to the River. The part of the river that is associated to this B&B is boring, no falls. It has about a mile or so stretch that is boundaried by streets. Breakfast was really lame. The view from my bedroom window was a couple work trailers and mowing equipment. The front view was a front yard and then a nice view of the carport holding the life vests and paddles. You cannot see the river from these cottages. I was very annoyed that the key did not work to unlock the boat. I notified the owners and they showed up about twenty minutes later to unlock it. NOTE: He was very friendly and recommended that we use anti-tip rigs on the canoe. He went and got them and helped me install them. That was a real blessing.
Summary, if you come to this place with low expectations, you will not be disappointed. I think the owners are trying to have a great place. I think their website is misleading and sets up false expectations. When you reserve the room, you are reserving part of the house, though the pictures make you think you have a whole building. I would not come here again and I do not know if I would recommend it. I have not been to many B&B's so maybe this experience is typical for this price.

• Liked — The outdoor fireplace and the right to use the kayaks and canoes.
  • Disliked — Not representative of the owners website advertisement.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2008

Our cottage was OK, if you like knick knacks. The river was across the busy street but accessible. We had a moldy refrigerator. Our "breakfast" was brought by the night before, it consisted of popovers and very good grapes. The mattress was great. There were burrs all over the floor and I found one in my towel while drying off. All in all it was OK, but for the price I know there's better along the Guadalupe.

• Liked — jigsaw puzzles in room
  • Disliked — moldy refrigerator
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kimboTexas
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2004

River Lodging is brand new with each house individually and tastefully
decorated and comfortable all around (great beds, towels, cold ac,
stocked pantry, view of both the water and loads of deer at dusk) but the hospitality is really over the top--they think of all creature comforts,
even doggie treats for canine guests. Breakfasts were delicious and
different every day-forget your waistline or hop out of the tube and swim more. Great place to float the Guad by day and contemplate the stars at night. Rates are similar to Hill Country area B&Bs but the upscale furnishings and extra care make it a great value. Wonderful to have a very nice place to stay that welcomes dogs.

• Stayed July 2004
9 Thank TAperson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingram
Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Kerrville
Hampton Inn Kerrville
#1 of 14 in Kerrville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kerrville
Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center

Been to River Lodging B & B? Share your experiences!