“Delicious food, shame about the service.”
Review of Vari - CLOSED

Vari
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rainham, Kent
“Delicious food, shame about the service.”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We've visited Vari many times before and always found it superb. We couldn't say the same this time.
We visited on a Saturday night at 8pm. The service throughout the evening was poor. We had to ask four times for a wine glass! The menus have changed to cheap laminate things which made us feel as if we were in a burger bar. The dessert menus were grubby sheets of paper.

This used to be our favourite restaurant - lovely ambience, fab service and lovely food. The overall experience is not anywhere near as good but the food is still lovely.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stumpy74

“lovely evening”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

went t vari last night had punjabi chicken it was lovely my wife had the venison as usual the food was to die for we love coming to this restaurant that we don't go anywhere else now as we enjoy it so much here.the staff are lovely and work hard to give you the dining experience you require we both agree this is a special place we enjoy going for our date night see you in 4 weeks

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Wood50
Kent, United Kingdom
“Not your usual Indian Resturant”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Loved the decor. Loved the bar area. Loved the ambience. The menu is limited and somewhat strange, but the food is nice enough. Bit expensive. There was not enough staff one most seemed to be new. that said, the staff there worked really hard though. The wine was simply put on the table (no cooler). The draught lager was all off except for Kimgfisher. Not impressed but that, Saturday and the Peroni, San Miguel had run out before we arrived and then the Cobra run out half way through the evening - that is not good planning! The cocktails are lacking.

I liked the place, worth a visit, but they need to up their game to keep people coming back.

• Visited October 2013
kent
“11/10/2013 great night”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Went to the vari lastnight with my husband and friends as usual the food was gorgeous this is by far the best restaurant the staff can't do enough for you I feel the negative reviews on trip advisor are a bit unfair I've been going to this restaurant for a couple of years now and I've never had a problem with anything I do not feel there to expensive as you get good quality food for what you pay for. As for wine it's always more expensive in nice restaurant,s your not going to get a glass of wine and a curry for a tenner in the vari. Im sure the owner wants a certain standard for his restaurant with good food good staff and running a successfull business I've been taking all my friends to the vari there now taking there friends and so on me and my husband love the vari and will continue to support this great restaurant love it .

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank surgery8
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Indian with a twist”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The normal type of Indian food is available, but there are also plenty of dishes that you will not find in a typical Indian restaurant.
I particularly enjoy one of their chefs special dishes - lamb shank. It is not heavily spiced, but spiced enough to bring out the flavor of the lamb.
The only downside is that parking can be hard to come by as their car park is small.

• Visited April 2013