“We loved this StayBridge!”

StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My family, friends and I stayed here while visiting my sister and brother in law. It was a surprise visit! The rooms were nice and comfortable. I luv how the rooms are separate from the rooms and how you have to insert a key to turn the power on in the room. Awesome way to save electricity. Wish there was an oven to go along with the mini kitchenette we had in our room. The view we had was looking down at the colorful pool area. The pool was really really cold this weekend we were here...wish it was heated pool. The hot tub and out door area was awesome. There was a kitchen out side and a fireplace. We had a great time dinning outside! Of course the breakfast was awesome too. One of the best perks is that washing laundry was free..... a big plus! I recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thank you so much! We are so glad we exceeded your expectations and hope you had a wonderful time with your family, thank you for making us a part of it. We hope to see you again soon.

Gigi Newbern, General Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Was greeted and checked by AJ. the hotel seems very new, and we were impressed.

Whoever built this hotel skimped on every corner possible. It is really the definition of lipstick on a pig.
As you walk to the room (getting off the elevator on the top floor), you can feel the floor boards under the carpet coming up.
The furniture looked very cheap and was starting to tear, under what you woudl assume would be normal wear in tear given the newness of the hotel.
Walking around in the kitchen and bathroom (seperately) you could feel the tiles starting to come up as you walked around. It was as if the builder forgot to butter the back of the tiles - they were literally popping up.
In the master bath, you could see where caulk was missing (in places) where the tiles hit the bathtub - an easy source for water to get in between the cracks and start to ruin their pretty building.
this hotel could have been AWESOME had the bulider not cut so many corners. I hate to think what kind of condition it will be in 10 years.

The staff was great, and the morning breakfast was pretty good. nothing special.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
StaybridgeDFWNorth, Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Bpvarian,

Thank you so much for you review. Your comments are important and appreciated. I can't believe we are celebrating our 4 year anniversary this years. We are experiencing some settling issues and are repairing them.

I am the new GM and will inspect the 4th floor today. I am glad you found team helpful and responsive.

We appreciate you and your business.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Arrived very late at night. Front desk clerk was very helpful in getting me moved to a first-floor room. Room was lovely and nicely decorated. HVAC was a little squirrely at first but then settled down. "High speed" internet was terribly slow; sadly this is my experience at too many properties of every brand. Breakfast was excellent; some of the best biscuits and gravy I've had at any hotel. A real "steal" on a Pointsbreak for 5K points. It is a little further from DFW (and more complicated to get to) than staying at the hotels on the south side of the airport; plan more time to return your rental car and have a good GPS because it can be confusing)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Mogon,

Thank you for your kind words. I will look into the internet and bandwidth here at the hotel. We are 15 mintues from the airport but probably another 5 - 10 minutes from the car rental location as it is on the south side of the airport. I hope you found our proximity to restaurants and stores a plus.

Again we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my Best Friend in a Double and we enjoyed having the separate living room and bedroom. The Mattresses were very comfortable. I enjoyed the stand up shower as well. We also had a room over looking pool. We enjoyed seeing the color changes in the water. They also have a movie theater on the first floor. We didn't get a chance to use it.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear MindyD,

Thank you so much the compliments. I am so glad we could add to your weekend.

Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites DFW North

Reviewed 12 October 2012

One of the worst hotels i've stayed in. The checkin lady was so fake. Firstly she started saying oh you are using your points - I am a Priority Club member. In my reservation notes I asked for a room on a HIGH floor, AWAY from the elevator. I ended up getting a room DIRECTLY behind the elevator with the lifts going up and down along my wall of my room (check 12 Oct, Room 217). In addition, it was on level 2 of 6 levels. The Tiny window in the room barely had any light to the point where i had to open the curtains wide to even get in any light. The bathroom - as you can see in the pictures is disgusting with strange red marks and mildew and dirt. The roof in the bathroom needs major fixes and the fan makes heaps of noise. The furniture is chipped, the bedsheets are used (can't believe it - see the marks attached). Overall NEVER going to stay here EVER again, HORRIBLE hotel, AVOID. Also the chair at the desk doesn't even go under the desk so I hurt my back as well.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel it is no where near DFW either it's easier being downtown as that's just as...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Kawoh,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments, as they offer important views from your perspective.

I have noted your comments, and our staff has already cured these items.

I would like to apologize that we failed to take notice of your room location request. I am happy that you agreed to move to a more suitable room, and regret that we did not have this arranged for you prior to your arrival.

Additionally, I am concerned with your comments regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom, the sheets, and the condition of the desk. I have personally visited this room, and have shared the review with our staff. We have already solved these issues, and I can assure you no one will have the same experience.

Given that you and I actually traded phone messages on the day you stayed with us, I truly appreciate that you took us up on our offer and moved to a room on our highest floor, the 4th floor, later that same day. I regret I was not on site to speak with you personally on Saturday morning to learn if that location and suite was more to your satisfaction. I trust that it was.

We recognize the importance of Trip Advisor, and comments by Top Contributors such as yourself. It is important to note that our hotel is 3 miles from the DFW Airport, but the official entrance is 6 miles from the hotel.

In closing, thank you again for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to Priority Club and the IHG family of hotels. We encourage you to try us again should you return to Dallas. We would be grateful for the opportunity to show you that we are paying attention to comments made by serious travelers such as yourself. Please feel free to contact me personally should you choose to return to our hotel.

Best regards,

Charlie Westhoven
Staybridge Suites DFW Airport North

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My family, which includes my 15 months old son, my husband and me, stayed in this hotel while in the middle of a relocation. We were there for about 10 days and were quite satisfied with our stay there. The hotel is conveniently located near retail stores like Wal-Mart, Kohl’s’ etc, a movie Theatre, a fitness gym and a number of eating joints. It is quite an appropriate for someone planning an extended stay. The rooms were fully furnished and so was the kitchen and the housekeeping were prompt too. We did notice that the pool maintenance was carried out regularly too. The wholesome breakfast and the evening snack (courtesy Sweet Tomatoes!) service they had during our stay. We did use the shuttle service from the airport as well as when we wanted to go to the nearby stores. Not to forget the staff members – they were amazing, be it the front desk staff, the manager or the maintenance/ room service guys! I will definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Prabnit
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I had to take some time to comment on how great the staff was at this Staybridge Suites while my training class was conducted in their "Jupiter Room" for the last Eight weeks! Especially Rita who works the front desk. She was very attentive to our needs, and she provided personalized service. Not only did I feel I could ask for assistance from her but also felt like she was a friend.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who needs a conference or training facility. Thank you, Logan Geigner

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business