“Great place to stay with the family.”

Residence Inn Dallas Las Colinas
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We accompanied my husband on business for a week at the Residence Inn Las Colinas. The staff was always so very accommodating. I have to give EXTRA kudos to the wonderful staff member named Brenda, who was the morning breakfast host. She went above and beyond every morning to be cheerful and serve whatever needs we and other guests had. I asked about apples one morning, and she hand delivered a basket to our suite with a note in it before she left for the day. The management was great too-- they recently remodeled the whole place, so everything is nicely decorated and "new". It is very conveniently located as well with everything you can imaging just a couple miles away.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Parrotheadmom65

Reviewed 15 March 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 6 weeks. A convenient one for extended stay as shops/pharmacy are close by. The hotel has a pick-up drop service to major office locations. Free hi-fi,
in-house laundromat facility, a basket-ball court & a swimming pool are a big plus.

Although there are quite a few eating joints around the area, the hotel could do with a fully-functional restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank barmanin
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We have stayed at this Residence Inn many times. It is an older Residence Inn, but it has been completely updated. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It's nice to have a kitchen for snacks and cold drinks. Breakfast is excellent, with lots of choices. The Las Colinas area is very convenient with many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2010

It was my first trip to the US . My company had booked a studio suite for me & I stayed here for a good 90 days . The checkin was fast . For most part of the stay , theother ppl frm my office , staying there helped me in identifying the shopping places.
My suite was good , house keeping was prompt & the room was made absolutely clean .
The complimentary breakfast at the gatehouse was excellent with many varieties to choose. Evening snacks was excellent . Indian snacks served on Thursdays. The cook Brenda is a very affectionate & nice lady . So , is Carlos !!
For ppl who do not have a transport , the hotel shuttle would prove to be very useful
Coming from India , I did not dare to rent a car as I am used to the right hand drive . So ,I took the shuttle daily. I used to take the shuttle even to Walmart , Kroger & Frys .
Food joints like Wendy's , TacoBell & Indian joints like HotBreads,Saregama & Desimart are walking distance.
The only inconvenince for me was that the flush in the other rooms was so loud , that it would disturb my sleep sometimes
I have never been in any other hotel in the US . But , all I can say is , this was an excellent place for me & I am going to stay here the next time I visit US

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2008

because our suite was smelling of cigarrettes they upgraded us to the penthouse,superb<' had alot of fresh towels, plenty of space.
two full baths upstairs and downstairs and a sleeper sofa in livingroom.
stay here if you have large family and want to save. its right next to wendy's, tacobell and walmart is right down the street.

everything was okay on the average.
stayed here from oct 25th for two nights. its located in las colinas which is one of the beverly hills of dallas, the area is nice and quiet and
not too far from DFW airport.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 22 August 2008

My husband was booked here through his company, as he was staying in the area for work (and I went along with him!). Upon arrival, we were greeted very warmly and the front desk staff offered to help us find anything we needed around town. They didn't seem to be aware of a Pilates studio right across the street (which I had found online before traveling) but they were eager to help track it down for me.

Our room was right next to the pool, but the hotel was not full and it was pretty quiet. We actually used the pool and hot tub a few times during our stay and both were very clean and a lot of fun! All of the grounds were very well kept during our stay.

Our room was an older model, not laid out like a suite as some of the newer Residence Inns may be. However, there was more than enough room for the two of us. The kitchenette was stocked with pots, pans, kitchen utensils, etc. Apparently some rooms have newer appliances and televisions, but everything worked fine for us. There was a table/desk in the kitchen area and another desk near the front window, so if we both had work to do that would have worked out great! Bathroom isn't large, but the vanity/sink area is plenty big enough for two (and is outside of the toilet/shower area, which is always nice). There is a lot of closet space, however almost NO drawer space - so you can hang up all the shirts you want, but your underwear will have to live in your suitcase for the duration of your stay.

The breakfast was just fantastic! Every day they had piping hot eggs, potatoes, and sausage, plus another hot option which varied: one day it was biscuits & gravy, another day it was crossaint sandwiches, another it was french toast & pancakes. They also had plenty of other options, like cereal, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. Hot coffee or tea (several flavors, including herbal) were also available.

Monday - Thursday, they also had free "refreshments" in the same lobby. We headed over to get a snack, and was surprised to find more than enough for an entire dinner! Really a lot of options, including beverages, and it was all delicious. The staff kept everything well-stocked for all meals that we attended.

The staff was really the highlight of this hotel, everyone from the maid service to the manager was more than willing to bend over backwards for anything we wanted. One interrupted a staff meeting to get me some quarters for the laundry, another offered me an umbrella when I came in from the rain, and one of the maids offered us a stack of fresh towels on a day we opted not to have the room cleaned. Very impressed!

As far as the area, there are plenty of fast food options, a few sit-down restaurants, as well as a CVS and a Walgreens within walking distance. HOWEVER, if you are the type of person who enjoys a cold beer (or any other alcoholic beverage) in your hotel room, you should be aware that Irving is DRY! There is a Dallas liquor store called "Centennial" only about 3 miles away, but still it's good to know.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 March 2008

We were coming to Dallas for a wedding. and never been abroad before, let alone flew, I was very unsure where to book us an hotel. So I looked on this web site almost everyday for weeks! Then I decided to go with a Marriott Hotel. They are very good standard in the UK, and I hoped they would be the same in the USA.

And boy was I right! We were treated like royalty. The staff were the most curtious we have ever met. we were given a free uprade to penthouse as soon as we arrived, which was super! Everything was clean and fresh. And the breakfast far exceeded our expectations. The person that really made it special for us was the front desk lady called Chandel. She bent over backwards to make our stay so good. I know some would say thats what shes paid for, but she went beyond the call of duty, as far as we were concerned.

I would recomend this Hotel to anyone who wants to be away from the bustle of the city. It was very Quiet, with a few shops and some eating places nearby. But not too far away from the airport and about 20 mins to downtown Dallas.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)