Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr.
Ranked #55 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Abilene, Texas
“Shows Wear”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great location. Many faults - front door handle fell off [never get a second chance to make a first impression], no automatic doors to get loaded luggage cart to elevators, one broken luggage cart for entire facility, laundry facilities often have half of washers and/or dryers out of order, "breakfast" a total absurdity, no pool, small exercise room, single recliner that is is terrible shape, two desk chairs and one had such a disgustingly filthy cloth seat I had it replaced immediately, they are scant with soap, elevators past due on inspection, frequently strong smoking odors in elevators and halls, inadequate parking, minimally furnished kitchen for two people, bed linens so cheap the "fitted" sheet not deep enough to fit mattress so comes off at night, blanket very short, bath towels quite small.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GrahamHouseInn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 February 2014

rooms were decent in size but shows their age - the carpet was icky (for a lack of better word) and wished they spent more time vacuuming, you'd find strands of hair here and there...

Great price, awesome location, and functional when it comes to temporary housing, you can't beat the value. It was safe, well lit, but my room had 2 hangers, a well-worn bathtub and furniture that has seen clearly better days...

their staff was very friendly, certainly a plus.

Room Tip: Try to get one on 1st floor, not 2nd and 3rd floor....not sure about their elevators and such
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alvin H
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We always stay here whenever I am assigned at our Irving/Dallas office. The staff at this hotel is just so nice and very polite. Hotel is also very near to various restaurants of your choice. There's a mini gym and an outdoor pool too. Recommended for those who like to travel wisely. Real value for your money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I booked this on Priceline so I got a really good deal $29. Even at that price I would not stay here again. It was not clean, the exterior lighting was poor and there were people wandering around in the parking lot. I really did not feel safe. The room smelled, the microwave did not work, there are no hangers and the bed was not great. The check-in process was ok and the clerk was ok too. I guess you get what you pay for and next time I will choose a hotel above 2 stars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr., responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the front desk agent and efficiency of the check-in process ; however, we apologize that you did not feel safe while staying at the hotel because of the exterior lightning. I was disappointed to read about the housekeeping issues you mentioned, the missing hangers and the quality of the bed. I have reviewed your comments with the entire staff including housekeeping to ensure that your experience does not happen again in the future. We also walked the parking lot and I glad to report that all the poles and building lights are operational.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at dlc@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I booked this hotel bc I'm transitioning to Dallas from Orlando and they advertise on their website that they allow dogs. My dogs are both over 50 lbs. so I called the hotel two times within the course of a week to ensure that this would be ok. Both hotel employees that I spoke with said that this would be fine as their policy was dogs under 80 lbs.. When I arrived at the hotel last night I was told by the front desk agent that the General Manager didn't want my dogs to be at the hotel. I was dumbfounded. If they didn't want the dogs at the hotel why did two different employees say that it was ok and why do they advertise it on their website? Long story short the front desk agent called the General Manager and the message was that I wasn't welcome to stay at this hotel with my dogs. I have been in the hospitality industry my entire adult life and I have never been treated in this manner in any of my travels. I never complain because I'm in the business but this was unacceptable on so many levels. They didn't even have the curtesy to call me prior to check in and let me know that my dogs weren't welcome in this hotel. They waited until I loaded my car up and drove to the hotel to tell me that my family wasn't welcome. If you own a dog or have any passion for hospitality and treating people correctly don't waste your time or money at this hotel. False advertising and dishonest customer service. This hotel does both very well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Todd R
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I don't understand how anyone could be so dissatisfied with this hotel to leave a one star. EVERYTHING was VERY clean, amenities included everything listed, and the hotel staff was VERY kind and VERY helpful. What more could you ask for for the price? I really enjoyed my stay here and felt very safe, clean, and comfortable. The location couldn't have been better for us since it was 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the city. There are great restaurants both cheap and expensive within a 5 to 10 minute drive. Both Six Flags parks are also only a 15 minute drive. Perfect. The only thing I could ask for would be provided shampoo and firmer pillows for my wife's bad back. The pool was small but very clean and a great temperature. The breakfast bar could also include some real breakfast instead of apples and add-water oatmeal. A waffle maker, yogurt, and some milk and cereal isn't a lot to ask. Nick at the front desk answered any question we had, provided great service, and acted very kindly and professionally. Overall an excellent business which could use a few improvements like anything else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are quicker to access since the steps are at each end of the building while...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed only two days and the room was clean and furnished as advertised. We got a very good rate by using a blind bid on Priceline. The breakfast bar food selections were not very good. I don't drink coffee but my traveling companion said it was very good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GlenF369
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr., responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt your stay with us was great. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.