Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr.
Ranked #59 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Management at this location need to trained to be more accommodating and polite, at least when I stayed there in April they did show any courtesy when there is problem.
Other management team at Extended Stay America in Las Colinas are much better to accommodate customer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mirhsh
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed to hear that you felt our management was not accommodating to any issues you experienced during your stay. We can assure you that we have reinforced the importance of quality service with all members of our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at dlc@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I frequently go to Dallas for business and have noticed quite a downward trend in both this Extended Stay and the one next door on Green Park Drive over the past year. In general, while the rooms look out dated, I expect that from this level of hotel.

However, I have been quite surprised by the lack of cleanliness in the rooms. Over the past year, I have noticed more and more debris and smells and general lack of hygiene at both of these hotels. On several occasions, I have heard desk staff make reference to absence of house keepers or ineptitude of house keeping in front of the guests so this seems to be a known problem. Also, I have noticed a lack of professionalism with the desk staff as well as they seem irritated or excessively slow about dealing with guests. On more than one occasion, I have showed up at the desk to check in and had to wander around and look for someone to check me in since the front desk was vacant for 15 minutes or more.

In short, there are plenty of other hotels in the area with much more professional staff and effective house keepers. It seems like these hotels are trending toward a lower end clientel as well and perhaps they do not care so much about the cleanliness. The folks at the bagel shop down the street advised me that the extended stay hotel on Carnaby Street seems to have some prostitution and drug dealing happening out of them and I suspect that may be the way these are headed since they are alienating their more professional business clients.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is clean and check for bed bugs before you set anything down. I usually set...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MissDeeAustin_TX
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good location, but not much else that makes this place desirable. My room has a strange (sweet) smell - rather odd. There was one plastic cup in the bathroom - and I asked for another one at the front desk and he couldn't find another one. They took out all dishes, glasses and silverware from the room. My coffee in the morning wasn't real hot and I thought I'd heat it up in the microwave in my room - which I found wasn't working. The maintenance guy said the microwave had been broken for a while in my room. Their grab & go breakfast is VERY LIMITED.

Room Tip: To get a "good room" look for a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank alj1982
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location. Still, I apologize that your room had an unpleasant odor during your visit. As well, I am sorry that your microwave was not working. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night and had a lot of problems. The staff was friendly and accommodating when I told them that my first room had a lot of problems so they move me to another. After seeing the second room it was just as bad. I was stuck because it was very late and I don't like sleeping in rooms that have a lot of problems so I slept very fitfully that night. The hotel manager was very nice and refunded me my full rate and then I move to another hotel that was much nicer. The first room had a cracked window, the floor had not been vacuumed, the bathroom had mold, and the carpet was torn where it met the kitchen floor. In the second room the furniture was very old and scratched up. The second room had two doubles. The mattresses were pretty worn. One mattress was leaning to one side pretty noticeably. I pulled back the covers to the other one fearfully and two small spider mites were crawling around. The only thing I felt bad for was the staff who had to take it on the chin because corporate does not upgraded rooms a repair them.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenaiMorehead
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great location. Many faults - front door handle fell off [never get a second chance to make a first impression], no automatic doors to get loaded luggage cart to elevators, one broken luggage cart for entire facility, laundry facilities often have half of washers and/or dryers out of order, "breakfast" a total absurdity, no pool, small exercise room, single recliner that is is terrible shape, two desk chairs and one had such a disgustingly filthy cloth seat I had it replaced immediately, they are scant with soap, elevators past due on inspection, frequently strong smoking odors in elevators and halls, inadequate parking, minimally furnished kitchen for two people, bed linens so cheap the "fitted" sheet not deep enough to fit mattress so comes off at night, blanket very short, bath towels quite small.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GrahamHouseInn
Reviewed 21 February 2014

rooms were decent in size but shows their age - the carpet was icky (for a lack of better word) and wished they spent more time vacuuming, you'd find strands of hair here and there...

Great price, awesome location, and functional when it comes to temporary housing, you can't beat the value. It was safe, well lit, but my room had 2 hangers, a well-worn bathtub and furniture that has seen clearly better days...

their staff was very friendly, certainly a plus.

Room Tip: Try to get one on 1st floor, not 2nd and 3rd floor....not sure about their elevators and such
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alvin H
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We always stay here whenever I am assigned at our Irving/Dallas office. The staff at this hotel is just so nice and very polite. Hotel is also very near to various restaurants of your choice. There's a mini gym and an outdoor pool too. Recommended for those who like to travel wisely. Real value for your money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.
Extended Stay America - Dallas - DFW Airport N.
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Bedford
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr.

Address: 605 Meadow Creek Dr, Irving, TX 75038-3129 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Dallas - Las Colinas)
Region: United States > Texas > Irving
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #59 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Price Range: £60 - £78 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Meadow Creek Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Irving Extended Stay