“A good night's stay”

Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Louisiana
“A good night's stay”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed one night at this Fairfield. We ungraded to a small suite which was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful in all our request. We stayed upfront by the freeway but the noise did not bother us. If you think it will bother you, request a room on the backside. A lot of restaurants to choice that are close. The breakfast was an average Fairfield Inn breakfast. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Auburndale, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I had an absolute wonderful time, the staff was very friendly and helpful in every way possible, almost a shame I have to leave and go home tomorrow, convenient to where I'm having my meetings and I cannot say enough good things about the staff, everyone has a greeting and a very good attitude. I hope to stay here the next time I visit

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Overall I liked this hotel. Hotel was very clean, rooms had recently been redone, and there was a nice variety of breakfast foods. The two major drawbacks that I found with my stay were-

1. Location of my room- this hotel is located right next to a very busy highway. I paid for a suite and had hoped that shelling out a little more would mean that I would be in a nice quiet area where I would be able to sleep peacefully. Between the highway noise and the loud drunken parents of the kids little league or whatever team was staying the night of June 21, I got very little rest. I do not hold it against the hotel but the kids were running around unsupervised all night and went to breakfast alone the next morning and were loud and disruptive in the breakfast area.

2. Size of the room- while nicely appointed, this was the tiniest king suite that I have ever stayed in. It seemed slightly smaller than your average hotel room.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, Request a room both far from the highway and far from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

A very pleasant stay over Memorial Day weekend, made even better by the attentive, hard-working and professional staff. The hotel was busy with families and lots of kids, and the staff kept up with everything very nicely. Room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel is a little tricky to find at first, but once there it is easy to get to the freeways or main streets. Will definitely stay again when back in Dallas.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It was adequate not overwhelming. I had to switch rooms because they had me in a handicapped room that had almost nowhere to hang any clothes. Thankfully I was able to get another room. One thing that was surprising was the lack of traffic noise from 114 even though this hotel sits very close to the highway. Parking was a concern a couole of nights. Breakfast was ok, definitely did not like the "fake eggs"

Staff was professional and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our guests.

I apologize for the inconvenience witht the room you orginially received, but am happy to hear our staff was able to move you into a more accommodating room for the remainder of your stay. When our hotel reaches near capacity, we are limited in the types of rooms we have available, and can only offer these rooms. I also apologize for the difficulty with parking, as this does become limited at times when the hotel is full.

Although you did not enjoy the eggs, we have received overwhelming approval of our improved breakfast options. I encourage you to come back and allow us to offer you some of our other options to get your day started off right.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to get to welcome you back again in the future!
Reviewed 8 April 2014

stayed here for a 2nd time and it was a pleasent stay! I will continue to go back often. Webt during the Final Four weekend & was very suprised they didn raise the cost of the room during the busy weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Hard to believe that they still have double beds in hotels. Not sure how old the hotel is, but it seems that it needs to be a bit updated. Small hallways and small breakfast area. There is a floor that seems to not to be used, I would think that they would use it for rooms. It was okay, I would stay again if they updated to queen beds

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Gilcrease, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding you stay with us. Our hotel was built in 1997 and just recently underwent a very extensive renovation. My staff and I are very disappointed that our efforts failed to make a positive impact for your stay. You are correct in that we offer double beds instead of two queens in our room. I do appreciate that some travelers would find this uncomfortable but sadly I do not anticipate any changes with our bed type. I do hope if you are ever in the area you might be able to give our room with one king size bed a try.