“Some Great Parts, Some So-So's and A Few Things They Really Need To Work On”

Courtyard Dallas Las Colinas
Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Some Great Parts, Some So-So's and A Few Things They Really Need To Work On”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We just were there this past Wednesday and Thursday. Our room, with a king bed, was very nicely appointed. The night stands on either side of the bed had the most practical, ingenious lamps I've ever seen. Good reading-task lamps are a huge must for a comfortable stay, in my opinion. These were the best. Take a look at the photos of them below. A switch for the main lamp, plus two separate reading lights and a nightlight, as well. And, they're actually very attractive! The room itself was very clean . . . and I check thoroughly. The bed was very comfortable. Thankfully, they don't use bedspreads, but rather quality white sheets and blankets that are obviously laundered after each guest. Very user friendly desk with lamp and comfortable chair. Armoire held a nice-sized tv that worked great. One big complaint, though, was that the room's information binder said that there was pay per view movies available. After 20 minutes trying to get this to work, we called downstairs, only to be told, "Oh, we're sorry but that has been discontinued."
We ate lunch in their lobby bar area and had very tasty burgers. Another mild gripe is that their miniscule gift shop sells only hardback books! i don't know about you but the last thing I want to buy on a trip is a heavy, expensive hardback book I'll then have to lug Round and have to fit into my baggage! That evening we had dinner in their restaurant. Their hostess was wonderful, very prompt and welcoming. Our dinners were delicious, but our waiter was extremely slow and inattentive. In fact he was so slow that 3 other tables were seated after us and all three not only received their dinners before us, but ate them and left before ours even arrived! No apology. No explanation. By the way, their handmade pizzas are wonderful, but their Shrimp Cocktail is very overpriced for the 4 shrimp you get.
That night I put out their room service card for breakfast the next morning. It arrived right on time, hot and delicious (I ordered their Egg White Frittata with various veggies. I also need to mention their coffee. Coffee is something I drink black with no sugar. One cup with breakfast is my usual. To me it tastes blah to drink on its own. But the coffee that arrived from the restaurant (not the packets of instant in the room) was the most delicious coffee I've ever had anywhere! I drank the entire pot! Later, mentioning this to one of the day managers, Adam, this guy was so thoughtful that he gave me the name of it and located a distributor for it on Amazon so that I can order it online. Now that's hospitality!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LynninNM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for business. It was good for business and here are my reasons:
1) close to airport
2)close to many large businesses
3) close to restaurants
4) serve Starbucks coffee

My one dislike. Typical Courtyard. Rooms really need to be Re-done and modernized. Last Dallas visit I tried the aloft by Starwood. Rooms were really nice and cost less.

• Stayed September 2013
Sarah D, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your thoughts about the Las Colinas Courtyard. The hotel's location is convenient and is able to meet the guest needs. Your opinion is important in helping us evaluate and improve Courtyard.