“Clean & Comfy”

Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas
Ranked #49 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had my transcontinental trip started out from San Jose, the stopover location is...Dallas. Just for a two-day sight-seeing and visit my former employer. So I booked this Candlewood Suites with my IHG points (Yes, I paid nothing but points.)

I got myself a spacious one-bed mini apartment suite, with well-equipped kitchenette (basically everything including the kitchen sink). Bed is comfortable and the service is average by US standard, no complaint from me. But to me, who never experienced laundromat in China, I found the self-service laundry machine at Ground Floor was definitely save my day (and night).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rodger C
Kristie M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Rodger,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites - Las Colinas! Thank you for the kind word. We strive to do our best to make sure all of our guest enjoy their stay. Hope if you are ever in the Las Colinas area again you will stay at you Home away from home - Candlewood Suites - Las Colinas.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I have to say we got a exceptional rate at Christmas time here. Nice room and I was able to take my dogs. Be aware you do have to pay for the dogs though and it's not bad. I enjoyed my visit but the bed was very uncomfortable. We had a queen and it was way to small. Will opt for 2 doubles or a king if possible. The place is clean and good coffee. I really liked that we could cook our food in the room. Saved on eating out expenses. This Candlewood Suites is in a great location also.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Lbeard1864

Lbeard 1864,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We always appreciate the positive feed back from our guest. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit over the Christmas Holiday. Thank you for staying with us at the Candlewood Suites Las Colinas!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I liked the Candlewood Suites at Las Colinas, Dallas for multiple reasons.
- Well appointed rooms - good for a long stay. It is equipped with a neat kitchen to cook my own stuff. Very convenient.
- Close to nearby business offices - they offer a shuttle drop Mon-Fri within 5 miles, that was very convenient.
- The staff is very friendly, very helpful and courteous.
- The hotel is close to a small shopping center and few restaurants - so if you want a change of food choices, there are plenty around.
- The hotel is situated close to a residential neighborhood, so one can take long walks in the morning and evening. The weather was great when I was in Dallas, and hence it was great walking in the evening.
- It is just 15 mins away from the DFW airport - very convenient. They call a taxi guy who comes within 5-10 mins.

Negatives
- The air conditioner was very noisy - it took some time to get used to it. In fact I switched it off some nights so I could sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face the neighborhood and not towards the highway, gets really noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nvenky
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was preparing for the worst and hoping for the best when I learned my coworker booked this hotel for our week in DFW. The reviews have been pretty bad. But I was pleasantly surprised, as there were only a few annoyances.

The good:

The rooms. They're huge. They're the size of a small one bedroom apartment. And there are nice touches throughout including: plenty of outlets built in to the nightstand, two closets, bathroom storage, and a large work table/dining table that separates the kitchen from the living room. The recent remodel served this property well.

I did not have any problems with noise. I had rooms on either side of me and rooms below and above me. I really didn't hear anything.

The bed was EXTREMELY soft and comfortable. Just like my bed at home.

And the location was great. So many restaurants nearby.

The bad:

Again, like so many hotels in this class, the internet sucks. You can access it fine from 4pm to 6pm, but forget it after that. There are too many people trying to use it. They need to invest in more than one connection for the hotel.

I had one bad experience with one front desk clerk. She refused to help me transfer the confirmation number to my name and to my IHG rewards account. However, I went back down 2 hours later and another staff member was working, who was extremely helpful and got everything switched over correctly.

I also did not like the fitness room/pantry/laundry room combination. It was annoying to have people coming in and out to do their laundry while I was on the treadmill.

The ugly:

The treadmills. They were pretty old. But they were jerky. This could easily turn into a safety issue and then lead to a liability. I really think management needs to have them looked at, or get them replaced.

All in all, it was a good experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Meredith R
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was in the city for business, and my opnion about this hotel is: Noisy. My room air conditioning unit, that you cannot turn off, makes a lot of noise. It was very hot there(July), so I had to tolerate the noise. The housekeeping services happens only on Mondays...You have to stay with trash and dirt linens and towels for a week. Also, you have no privacy. The housekeepers, or someone else who has the room keys, even with the " No service needed"' or No disturb sign on the door, simply opens the door of your room and enter, without let you have time to say no! And, after inform the situation to the manager, the problem occurred again. The commom areas had a string cigar smell, and the carpets was dirty.
I' will not come back!

Room Tip: There's o good rooms there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Erivan T
Kristie M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Mr. Erivan T.

Thank you for staying with us during your business trip.
Here at Candlewood Suites- Dallas Las Colinas we strive to accommodate guests with different lodging needs. However please be advised that the reason why the housekeeping takes place on a weekly basis, is due to our extended stay standard that requires that we provide our long term guests with their privacy. Furthermore, we advise guests at check in that they can obtain fresh linen, towels, and supplies on a daily basis at the front desk and or by calling to request it whenever needed. In regards to the A/C unit being too noisy/ loud I believe it is an isolated problem of that A/C unit which could have been fixed should you have contacted the hotel staff to request maintenance to check and fix the problem. As to the incident where the housekeepers went into your room, please accept our apologies, we regret that this took place when you had your ‘Do Not Disturb Sign’.
If you have any questions and or need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone at the hotel. Once again we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

As a business traveler I have bounced around to various extended stay hotels in the Las Colinas area trying to find the "homiest" place for the best price. I finally landed on Candlewood Suites in the Las Colinas area. Once I stayed here I haven't changed since. The staff is super friendly, they even store stuff for me over the weekends so I don't have to haul as much back and forth. I do get the one bedroom suite which provides a separate living area with a couch, recliner and large flat screen TV in both the living room and bedroom. I have a full size kitchen with large fridge and stovetop. You would say most places have this now but the rooms have all been upgraded recently and have a luxury feel without a luxury price. Also, it is super clean. Anyone that has to stay in extended stay hotels know that most rooms really show the wear and tear but not this place. Over time it may change obviously but right now it feels like new rooms each time I stay. If I have anything negative to say it's that I did try the gym equipment and both treadmills were in need of overhauling. Also, no pool which in Irving in summer would be really nice. Otherwise I have nothing negative to say.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aligobs
Reviewed 19 June 2013

There's nothing "wrong" with this small suite hotel - it seemed very new, with decent modern finishes. It's in a good location, close to the freeways and dining and shopping. The queen room was very compact but well organized and equipped for one person on an extended stay. There is only weekly maid service - go to the front desk if you need more towels. There is a full kitchen (with an extremely LOUD, older fridge in my room). As a single business traveller, it suited my needs for the 2 days I was there since my usual place was full. I felt "trapped" in my small room though because the ONLY common area is a 20 x 20 room that held the 4 workout machines, the walk-up computer desk, the "pantry store", the laundry facilities and a tiny 4 seater dinnette. In 2 days - I saw only the front desk person upon check-in (that i had to call on a courtesy phone to come out of the back)...and caught a glimpse of another person walking down the narrow halls.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Kristie M, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for your feed back. If you are ever in the area I hope you will choose the Candlewood Suites again.