Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$102
  • Restaurant
US$206
US$166
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenone bedroom suitebasic suitefree washers and dryersan extended staycomfortable bedsmoking roomhome away from homedfw airportnext morninglaundrycupboardpantrykitchenettedishwasherinternetac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed for 3 days whilst in the Dallas area and was really pleased I had chosen this hotel. On arrival Juana greeted me with a warm welcome and as a platinum member upgraded me, which was most welcome and told me all I needed to know about the hotel and area. The Suite I had was excellent plenty of room, comfy bed, nice bathroom, big lounge with TV in lounge and bedroom and the Kitchen was well equipped. The fitness room was one of the best I have seen and great for my morning workout. The laundry room was excellent and free and also the Candlewood Shop was well equipped. The staff were brilliant for my whole stay and really would return here again.

Room Tip: My suite 132 was excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Yorkie1948
Kristie M, GSR at Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear guest,

Here at candlewood suites Dallas-Las Colinas we strive to provide an excellent service to all our guests. We are glad to learn that we have met your expectations and made you felt welcome and appreciated. We appreciate your loyalty to IHG and our IGH Reward Program. Hope to have you as a guest in the near future.

Juana S.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had my transcontinental trip started out from San Jose, the stopover location is...Dallas. Just for a two-day sight-seeing and visit my former employer. So I booked this Candlewood Suites with my IHG points (Yes, I paid nothing but points.)

I got myself a spacious one-bed mini apartment suite, with well-equipped kitchenette (basically everything including the kitchen sink). Bed is comfortable and the service is average by US standard, no complaint from me. But to me, who never experienced laundromat in China, I found the self-service laundry machine at Ground Floor was definitely save my day (and night).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rodger C
Kristie M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Rodger,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites - Las Colinas! Thank you for the kind word. We strive to do our best to make sure all of our guest enjoy their stay. Hope if you are ever in the Las Colinas area again you will stay at you Home away from home - Candlewood Suites - Las Colinas.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I have to say we got a exceptional rate at Christmas time here. Nice room and I was able to take my dogs. Be aware you do have to pay for the dogs though and it's not bad. I enjoyed my visit but the bed was very uncomfortable. We had a queen and it was way to small. Will opt for 2 doubles or a king if possible. The place is clean and good coffee. I really liked that we could cook our food in the room. Saved on eating out expenses. This Candlewood Suites is in a great location also.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Lbeard1864

Lbeard 1864,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We always appreciate the positive feed back from our guest. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit over the Christmas Holiday. Thank you for staying with us at the Candlewood Suites Las Colinas!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I liked the Candlewood Suites at Las Colinas, Dallas for multiple reasons.
- Well appointed rooms - good for a long stay. It is equipped with a neat kitchen to cook my own stuff. Very convenient.
- Close to nearby business offices - they offer a shuttle drop Mon-Fri within 5 miles, that was very convenient.
- The staff is very friendly, very helpful and courteous.
- The hotel is close to a small shopping center and few restaurants - so if you want a change of food choices, there are plenty around.
- The hotel is situated close to a residential neighborhood, so one can take long walks in the morning and evening. The weather was great when I was in Dallas, and hence it was great walking in the evening.
- It is just 15 mins away from the DFW airport - very convenient. They call a taxi guy who comes within 5-10 mins.

Negatives
- The air conditioner was very noisy - it took some time to get used to it. In fact I switched it off some nights so I could sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face the neighborhood and not towards the highway, gets really noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nvenky
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was preparing for the worst and hoping for the best when I learned my coworker booked this hotel for our week in DFW. The reviews have been pretty bad. But I was pleasantly surprised, as there were only a few annoyances.

The good:

The rooms. They're huge. They're the size of a small one bedroom apartment. And there are nice touches throughout including: plenty of outlets built in to the nightstand, two closets, bathroom storage, and a large work table/dining table that separates the kitchen from the living room. The recent remodel served this property well.

I did not have any problems with noise. I had rooms on either side of me and rooms below and above me. I really didn't hear anything.

The bed was EXTREMELY soft and comfortable. Just like my bed at home.

And the location was great. So many restaurants nearby.

The bad:

Again, like so many hotels in this class, the internet sucks. You can access it fine from 4pm to 6pm, but forget it after that. There are too many people trying to use it. They need to invest in more than one connection for the hotel.

I had one bad experience with one front desk clerk. She refused to help me transfer the confirmation number to my name and to my IHG rewards account. However, I went back down 2 hours later and another staff member was working, who was extremely helpful and got everything switched over correctly.

I also did not like the fitness room/pantry/laundry room combination. It was annoying to have people coming in and out to do their laundry while I was on the treadmill.

The ugly:

The treadmills. They were pretty old. But they were jerky. This could easily turn into a safety issue and then lead to a liability. I really think management needs to have them looked at, or get them replaced.

All in all, it was a good experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business