“Nice, quiet and comfy”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on an exceptionally, sold out, busy weekend due to the Texas/ OU football game and the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins game. What a great stay! Even though the hotel was sold out with fanatical football fans (great fun to hear them all) the room was comfy and quiet all weekend. I was actually surprised that I had some of the best sleep I have had at a hotel in quite some time. The hotel was spotless, the rooms clean and comfortable with plenty of room to move around. The restaurant was good and the staff always greeted you with warm smiles and hellos whether coming or going. Also used the fitness room and found it to be quite good for my daily routines. I stayed at this hotel because the hotel I always stay at was sold out; I now have a new favorite to stay at and will return to this Hilton Garden Inn each time I am in Dallas. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask to be put on the totally non smoking floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Desiree L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Thank you for your review! I will share your feedback with our team so we can continue to improve our customer service.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Lobby was beautiful. Staff, extremely helpful. Food was great. New menu was terific. Bar staff were very informative on recomending attractions/places to visit. Room was very clean. Maid service very good. Room walls, a little thin. Could hear guest and T.V. on either side of my room.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very good overall value. Location is great with lots of shopping and places to eat within walking distance. The only negatives were the bartenders who worked on Friday & Saturday nights. They came across like they didn't want be there working.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, we attended a convention at the Irving Convention Center. Restaurants and the convention center were close by, not to mention all the shopping areas around Las Colinas Blvd.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our first weekend away from the kids in 3 years. We were very disappointed. The room itself was fine but the bed was like sleeping on the floor. Actually sleeping on the floor probably would have been more comfortable.

Then to make matters worse, after our horribly sleepless night, we received three incidental charges adding up to $65 plus the amount charged for the room on our account. As of today, 4 days later, those three charges are still sitting in our upcoming transactions. We were told they would "fall off" but I'll believe that when I see it.

The only good things about this hotel were the location, easy to find restaurants and shopping, and the bartender. She was terrific and makes a stinkin' awesome Long Island Iced Tea!

She saved our weekend from being horribly disastrous.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I enjoyed the extra room and amenities of a suite! In addition to the fridge and microwave, the room also included free wifi and two bottles of water. This property is conveniently located to a grocery store and restaurants.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I travel *a lot* and this could have been the worst hotel room bed I've ever slept in - like a plywood board. Other then that, the hotel was clean and the staff was polite. Not sure why they are forcing me to write more..it's a 200 character minimum. How many different ways can I say that the beds were awful? I've slept in cheap beachside flop houses in remote slices of Mexico with *much* better beds then this.