“Yuck!”

Ranked #41 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Midland, Michigan
“Yuck!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I booked this room only because it was cheap and I simply needed a place to sleep after getting into DFW around 8:00 p.m. on a Sunday. Took 47 minutes to get a shuttle from the airport; apparently the driver said he didn't see me (although I was exactly where I was supposed to be) and also this particular shuttle works for 6 hotels in the area. The room was typical Sleep Inn style and was adequate. The breakfast area was a mess and didn't offer much selection. The front desk staff were pretty disinterested. But, it was very, very, cheap so if you need cheap, it will do.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hewitt, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I work for Choice Hotels, and have stayed in MANY of them, I was not impressed by the rooms, although they were ok for what I needed. I had to take linens to the front desk at least 2 times as they were stained and dirty! Breakfast was ok for continental style although had to ask the staff to replentish foods and coffee.I think I would choose to pay a little more next time and stay somewhere else..

Room Tip: if all you are looking for is a bed, stay here, however if you are looking for anything else, look f...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Castries, St. Lucia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The hotel was getting a paint job when I overnighting in January 2012 so the smell of fresh paint was the first thing to hit me when I entered. I had overnighted at Super 8 the weekend before and I was very impressed but I decided to try Sleep Inn for my second overnight since the rate was about the same. Here is a summary of the issues I had with Sleep Inn:
The shuttle service took much longer than Super 8 even if I called as soon as I got outside the airport.
The restaurant (although bigger than Super 8) was in darkness and not as easily accessible as Super 8. I had to fish around in the dark to get some teabags since I couldn't find the light switch. (I checked in at night but still earlier than I had checked in at Super 8)
The room and bathroom were much smaller than Super 8 and there was no mini fridge nor microwave.

The hotels are all in the same area and within walking distance of each other. The nightly rate is about the same so I would definitely recommend Super 8 over Sleep Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Canadian, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

After our flight got canceled, we were in a line with about 50 other people, and just took the first hotel offered to us under the 'distressed passenger' program. Wow, this was a bad idea. Wish I would have taken a minute to look it up, but I was misled by the Sleep Inn brand, thinking it would be ok for a few hours of sleep. After waiting almost an hour for the disgusting shuttle, we finally arrived at this nasty little hotel. The desk clerk was very frazzled and finally got us set up in a smoking room; gross. I swore that there were bed bugs b/c I was itching all night; kinda glad I hadn't read other reviews confirming this. The restroom was clean, so at least I had a good shower to wash off the nasty before heading back to the airport the next morning. Seriously, I've slept on airport floors a few times, and I wish I would have saved my $60.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

The most unclean hotel I've ever stayed in. Bed Bugs all over the place and management wanted nothing to do with it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

The overall cleanliness of this hotel is unacceptable. If you want to pay for a room that has a sewer smell coming up through the shower drain in rooms, bed bugs that were found in the beds and bit two family members, an in door pool that has "Sand" at the bottom of the pool and extensive amounts of chlorine in it and of course roaches, this is the place for you.

Please don't expect to get your money back or ask to be compensated because they are going to look at you as if you were clinically ill.

Please don't waste your time, I as so embarrassed that I made reservations for my family at this establishment. I am also very disappointed that "Choice Hotels" have them listed as one of their "Choice" hotels. I will no longer use choice hotels if this is what's expected.

A restful night's sleep................forget it. All the mattresses were more than ten years old, maybe that's why the bed bugs were biting. We took one of the bugs to the front desk and the response was, "Yes we have been spraying" Oh my God!!!! Buy new mattresses, for goodness sake!

Room Tip: Tip................Do not make reservations here until the quality of the rooms and the management c...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Hidden Valley Lake, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We needed a place to crash with a free shuttle for an overnight connection to Mexico from Chicago and this place fit the bill nicely. Price was good, clean room, efficient staff. That's all we need when we're only going to be there for about 8-10 hours.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple