“Good for a stopover between flights”

Sleep Inn DFW Airport
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Australia
“Good for a stopover between flights”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I'm surprised by the many negative comments about this property. I assume that the Sleep Inn DFW is focussed on travellers connecting between flights at DFW Airport. SI-DFW fits the bill nicely for this purpose. I arrived very weary after a long flight (from Australia) and only wanted somewhere to stay overnight until my next flight the following morning. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the front desk staff were very pleasant. As noted by others, there are no nearby restaurants, but a multitude of 'room service' menu options is available. There is a also a nearby Burger place if you only want a quick takeout option. The airport shuttle bus was quick and comfortable. Overall, SI-DFW is probably not the best choice if you want to explore the DFW area, but for a 'between-flights' requirement, it is hard to beat. The room rate was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sprintlane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Savannah
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Very basic accomodations. Worth the $49. The area is surrounded by other motels, no place to eat withing walking distance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed here for 4 days. Really liked the staff & breakfast. Pool & Jacuzzi. No frills everything else. Clean rooms. Gave us a good price & honored it while we were there.

There appeared to be a woman who was a prostitute, dressing differently & going into different rooms. Not sure about that. We could be wrong.

Overall for the price we were pleased & comfortable enough ... would stay there again ...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Enrique G
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I booked this room only because it was cheap and I simply needed a place to sleep after getting into DFW around 8:00 p.m. on a Sunday. Took 47 minutes to get a shuttle from the airport; apparently the driver said he didn't see me (although I was exactly where I was supposed to be) and also this particular shuttle works for 6 hotels in the area. The room was typical Sleep Inn style and was adequate. The breakfast area was a mess and didn't offer much selection. The front desk staff were pretty disinterested. But, it was very, very, cheap so if you need cheap, it will do.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hewitt, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I work for Choice Hotels, and have stayed in MANY of them, I was not impressed by the rooms, although they were ok for what I needed. I had to take linens to the front desk at least 2 times as they were stained and dirty! Breakfast was ok for continental style although had to ask the staff to replentish foods and coffee.I think I would choose to pay a little more next time and stay somewhere else..

Room Tip: if all you are looking for is a bed, stay here, however if you are looking for anything else, look f...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The hotel was getting a paint job when I overnighting in January 2012 so the smell of fresh paint was the first thing to hit me when I entered. I had overnighted at Super 8 the weekend before and I was very impressed but I decided to try Sleep Inn for my second overnight since the rate was about the same. Here is a summary of the issues I had with Sleep Inn:
The shuttle service took much longer than Super 8 even if I called as soon as I got outside the airport.
The restaurant (although bigger than Super 8) was in darkness and not as easily accessible as Super 8. I had to fish around in the dark to get some teabags since I couldn't find the light switch. (I checked in at night but still earlier than I had checked in at Super 8)
The room and bathroom were much smaller than Super 8 and there was no mini fridge nor microwave.

The hotels are all in the same area and within walking distance of each other. The nightly rate is about the same so I would definitely recommend Super 8 over Sleep Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Canadian, Texas
Reviewed 16 January 2012

After our flight got canceled, we were in a line with about 50 other people, and just took the first hotel offered to us under the 'distressed passenger' program. Wow, this was a bad idea. Wish I would have taken a minute to look it up, but I was misled by the Sleep Inn brand, thinking it would be ok for a few hours of sleep. After waiting almost an hour for the disgusting shuttle, we finally arrived at this nasty little hotel. The desk clerk was very frazzled and finally got us set up in a smoking room; gross. I swore that there were bed bugs b/c I was itching all night; kinda glad I hadn't read other reviews confirming this. The restroom was clean, so at least I had a good shower to wash off the nasty before heading back to the airport the next morning. Seriously, I've slept on airport floors a few times, and I wish I would have saved my $60.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple