“Downgrading from previous review”

Sleep Inn DFW Airport
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I don't normally go back and update reviews so quickly, but I had an opportunity to stay here a second time over the weekend.

The bed is still old, but comfortable, and the room, overall still has some wear and tear. It is time they upgraded the TVs though. HD or flat screen aren't a big deal to me, but the one I had constantly had volume issues. It would get too loud then too soft. I know that happens a lot with commercials, but this was just CNN's coverage of the Asiana plane crash, followed by some sports.

But the main reason for the downgrade to 3 stars is the parking. I had mentioned before it was a tight lot, but this weekend was beyond ridiculous. When I arrived to check in at 4 p.m. There was one spot in the entire lot. Five of the spots were occupied by shuttles.
I went to some business and dinner, and there were no spots available and a couple of cars had jumped the curb to park i a lot behind the hotel. I didn't not want to do this so I parked across the street. I noticed as I parked, I wasn't the only one. Another gentleman was walkiing to his car as I was exiting mine.
As soon as I saw a shuttle leave I ran to my car to move to the spot.
I'm sure the park and fly deal is great. I'd use it myself. But with the shuttle using parking spots as well as people parking their cars there and in another city, the already small parking area becomes impossible.
The hotel really needs to convert the lot behind the building into more parking. Just 5-10 more spots would be great. It's a shame to have that lot just sit there useless when people need to park and have to drive around that lot anyway looking for a spot.

Otherwise, again, the value here is hard to beat. Few frills but a friendly staff and a comfortable room, with one of the best internet connections I've used at a hotel in some time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank March10
Rick P, Manager at Sleep Inn DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

I would like to Thank You for taking the time to write us and share your experiences . We have been under a lot of organization to get all issues that we have been experiencing . We have been taking bids to increase the parking lot. We are hoping that it will be done in a month . HD TVs have arrived and are being installed soon. As for the updating hotel public areas have been completed and the rooms are what we are working on . So really hope everyone can please been patient in all these change coming soon ! I believe once we are done soon you and everyone reading can give another chance to stay with us . As for we are all excited to make these changes for all to enjoy ! Once again Thanks for Your thoughts !

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn DFW Airport

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Room are big and clean, I checked in really late and the front desk was really nice and helpful I had not stayed at sleep inn, so this was a nice surprise. The price is affordable.It's was nice and quiet, I really needed that after a long drive. There is mini fridge and microwave . Lots of towels in the room. The breakfast was nice, I thought it would just be cold food, but there were egg, bacon and Ham . The only problem there was a funny smell in the whole place. I would really stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Rick P, Manager at Sleep Inn DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience , we really strive in making each guest stay the best ! Hope to see you again if you are ever back in our town . The smell within hotel has been addressed. Once Again Thank You for your time . Have A Great Day !

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I've stayed at a few Sleep Inns in the past so I know what they are supposed to be. This isn't it. Run down, dirty, old surrounded by dog poop, weeds, and loud cars. The first room offered was already occupied, as the person coming out of the shower and I both quickly discovered. Never again. Ever.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This place fit the bill for me. I was coming in from out of town to catch an early 6am flight at DFW. I did not want to spend a lot of money for a few short hours. They allow me to park my vehicle for the duration of my trip. I don't have to get mixed up in the airport traffic. This perfect for this option. I am here to rest my head for a few hours.

To stay in this hotel for an extended vacation; for me , that would be an absolute no for reasons stated by other reviewers.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This property is pretty outdated. I can sleep on almost anything (including the floor) and these beds were pretty awful. The price was good but for reasons I guess. Pretty bare bone stay and good if you're only staying one night. The staff was really nice. Not very helpful but defintely friendly. Unless they updated and got new beds, I wouldn't stay at this property again. My back hurt for days afterwards.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed at the Sleep Inn the night before an early flight out of DFW. I was pleasantly surprised considering the very reasonable price. The room was quiet, the bed was good, plenty of pillows. Lots of lighting and I did not have to play detective trying to figure out how to turn lights on. Also PLENTY of electrical outlets for charging phones, etc., and the complimentary Wi-Fi worked perfectly. Bathroom and shower were clean. A/C worked great. Complimentary breakfast was very good with an assortment of hot and cold foods plus coffee, juice, yogurt, etc. Waffle maker, too. The hotel offers a park and fly package, but for security purposes I opted to leave my car at "The Parking Spot" which is right across the street. It could not have worked out better for me. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is I noticed some cobwebs on one of the sprinkler heads in the room and also in the corner of the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Melinda L
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Definitely a barebones property. No tub, just a shower. No fridge. No microwave. Very slow wifi. Very limited channel lineup on TV - foxNews but no MSNBC. No Comedy Central.
Hallways noisy at night - a problem because the rooms are not well soundproofed.
Still a good value for the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business