“this place sucks” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Austin, Texas
“this place sucks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Dirty bed sheets. Room smells like a pool hall. I was awakened by a leaf blower at 7 am and when i called the office to complain the front desk told me "he has work to do". I would not recommend this hotel to any one. there is a large hole 2 foot by 2 foot behind the mirror in the rest room where a plumbing repair was made. The sheet rock was never repaired. The hole was left open and just covered by a mirror. The wifi is free but worthless a dial up modem would be faster.

Room Tip: sleep in your car before wasting your money here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dania M, General Manager at Days Inn Irving, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stayed with us and for taking the time to tell us about your experienced with us. Please also accept my apology about the inconvenience about our parking lot and carpet in your room and at the same time letting you know that we did take care of those concerns that you had after we got your feedback. Thank you so much for your loyalty and I hope that your next stay is even better than the one before with us. Once again thank you for your business and we appreciate you.
I hope to see you soon again at Days Inn-Irving.
Kindles Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My only complaints about this wonderful hotel is that the pillows are just a little bit too fluffy for my comfort and that there isn't really a business center available if you need print outs. The new decor is lovely, the room was very clean, and the staff are wonderful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dania M, General Manager at Days Inn Irving, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank You Monica G. for for taking the time and living us your wonderful and kind words about our hotel in TripAdvisor. I am sorry about the printer in our business center, next time ask for me and will be glad to help you with the printer and will be a pleasure to meet you. your comments will be share with our team, However, we love to hear that you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait to host you again. Thank you very much and see you soon at Days Inn-Irving.
Irving, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Needed to to do a temporary stay while looking for a place in the area due to my company transferring me to the area. When I used to drive over the road and this place wasn't "upgraded" yet I would stay here because it was quiet and the staff was nice even though the rooms were a little dated. When I found out that I would now be living in the area permanently I thought this would be an ideal place because there isn't much in the area to attract "bad elements" and usually the only people who are staying over are truckers who just need a good nights sleep. This was important because I have my one year old child with me. There are a lot of things in this room that I could complain about but its not that serious. What is serious is the fact that maintenance doesn't seem to care that my door doesn't lock! Nor does the snooty little desk associate by the name of Anna. When I close my door to leave for the day no one should be able to just walk by and turn the handle and open my door!!!! I reported the issue around noon and was told this would be taken care of asap. I explained that I had to go to work and please take care of it. When I get home at 830 this evening the issue still isn't fixed! WTF really? So I call the front desk and explain to her that I called at 12 and its still not fixed where I am then told that there's nothing she can do because maintenece is gone for the day. I ask her what does that have to do with the fact that my room isn't secure? Move my room then please. She then tells me she doesn't have any clean rooms and has to wait for a room to be clean... thats funny because when I drove in she was checking people in and if there isn't a clean room then someone needs to clean one or fix my door! The owner lives on property and you can't let him know theres an issue??? She then asks me why did i wait until now to say something. I told her because I have been at work all day! where she then replies well I have stuff to do and I don't really have time to deal with this right now. I guess some where she forgot that I paid to stay here so my patronage pays her salary and that me having an safety issue should be top priority she tells me to call back at 1030 when a manager comes or call in the morning and hangs up on me! Amazing...looks like they need to up grad their staff not the rooms. I will be contacting corporate for sure an never will I ever stay here again I WILL SLEEP IN MY CAR FIRST!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CCme426
Thank you CCme426 for taking the time to tell us about your experienced in our hotel recently. We are so sorry about the inconvenience that you had with your door room. I apologize about the behavior of my front desk and I will pass on your review to my whole staff every time we have a meeting to do much better in the future. I am glad that I met you and your beautiful daughter and fixed the problem. Thank you for your loyalty and I hope to provide you with an even better stay next time. Once again we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon at Days Inn-Irving. Kindles Regards.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

For my Husbands Birthday I booked a suite at the Days Inn in Irving Texas with a round bed and bar and Heart shape Jaquzzi . We had invited some friends to come and kick it with us . The staff was so nice treated us like royalty. The decorated the room with rose petals add a bottle of wine bubble bath and bath salts everything was so nice I cried. We the tub jets were not working and this hotel gave us another room for free with the tub working it had a king size bed and was even bigger than the other room. Wow I am going back asap. Just for the weekend get away. I love that heart shape Tub.

Room Tip: Room 186 King size bed and tub bar and free wifi
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sapphire M
Dania M, General Manager at Days Inn Irving, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank You Sapphire M., for taking the time to tell us about your experienced in our hotel recently. We are so happy to see that you and your husband enjoyed your time together in your Fantasy Room. We apologize about the inconvenience that you had in our first room but at the same time we are pleased that you accepted our second option for you to enjoyed your stay. I have shared your review with my staff about your greeting with us. Once again we appreciate your business and we look forward to see you soon at Days Inn-Irving. Kindest Regards,
tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We are still wondering if this is a Truck Drivers hub. Upon showing up we noticed several trucks parked in the parking lot. We later noticed a lot of truck drivers using the pool and walking around. This made both my wife and mother in law a bit uneasy. The front desk people spoke English with a deep Hispanic accent which to some people may be hard to understand. The rooms were clean and the maids were hosing off the exterior of the building when we arrived. Showing us cleanliness is a priority to this hotel. The room was just renovated with new furniture and TV. We could tell because the hotel was selling off the old furniture in the front office. The fitness center was nice except the door was open and the AC was off. The pool was perfect. The breakfast area when they refilled it after the truck drivers was nice with plenty of choices and some hot choices. The WiFi was nice except that you had to keep logging in every hour or so. This made watching netflix very difficult. All together this place left us wondering if we stopped at a truck stop.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dania M, General Manager at Days Inn Irving, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you Mr and Mrs. Welch Family for taking the time to write your review about your experienced in our property. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest. We are located on a heavy traffic highway/downtown near Dallas location, therefore we have many transportation company refer to stay with us. As you notice we are renovating our hotel with new furniture, chairs, flat screen Tvs, bedding, drapes, carpet and entire room with a lighting package and we appreciate that you notice our renovation. We will strive hard to improve our communication at the Front Desk Staff.
Thank you for your review, you are a valued guest and we appreciate your business.
We look forward to having you visit again soon.

Sincerely
Corpus Christi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Completely disgusting!!! I will be taking this up with the city health inspector and the BBB. This is the DIRTIEST hotel ever. Both beds in the room had dirty sheets covered in hair and chunks of boogers!! I got moved to another room & it was dirty too.The front desk stated that there is NO housekeeping on Sundays so they dont change the sheets, just make the beds for the next guest.I had to remove the sheets and sleep on the bare mattress. I had no other place to go because I was there on business.

Room Tip: DO NOT CHOOSE THIS LOCATION. Maybe go to a different Days Inn if you must but this location is just...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank M V
Dania M, General Manager at Days Inn Irving, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank You M V for taking the time to tell us about your experienced in our hotel recently. We take our guests comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are really sorry what happened to you the first of the four nights that you stayed with us in the first room. We did let housekeeping know about it and we find out that was a computer system was down when FD gave you the first room and we are so sorry about it. When the FD gave you the second room the same night we went to check the room the next day and we could not find anything wrong about the room, I spoke to you personal when you came back from the company and I apologize personal again about the problem and even I told you to let me know if the room has another issue as soon as you get to your room that need to be fix and you let me know that everything was perfect, I even offered you the first night free for our mistake and you said not that's fine, thank you I appreciate. For appreciation to your loyalty to us because you stayed three more days after, we sent you a Pepperoni Pizza to apologize and thank you again because our customer are really important for us. We appreciate for your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our guest services.
If there is anything we can do to make your stay comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask for General Manager and I will be glad to help you and welcome you again.
Thank you for your business.
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

the manager is not well educated and bad attitude Spanish girl,and the is another from desk girl wich bad attitude,also the shuttle has some some notes on the dash and in the inside that says if you need to go to the convenience store ask our driver and he gently takes you,wich is a real lie they would say that's not possible they would take you only to a target store drop you there for 1 hours and the take you back the hotel that's the only place they take you customer service is the worst and transportation sucks

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Carlos V
Dania M, General Manager at Days Inn Irving, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you, Mr. Carlos, for taking the time to tell us about your experienced in our hotel. I am so sorry for the misunderstanding that took place at our Front Desk and personal I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with me during your recent stay at our hotel.. We do have two shuttle in our hotel, one is for our CDL drivers that we go to pick them up to few companies that are located in Irving with free shuttle, we do have a sign in one of our Van that said. " Dear Customer: If you would like to go to the convenience store, truck stop or fast food, please kindly ask our van driver to stop for you . Thank you for your business. Management" We do have another van with another contract company that run every hour/24 hours a day and Yes we recommend to our customer to go Target or Golden Corral because we know that they can find more activities to do like restaurants, shopping mall, Movie theater, barber shop etc, the front desk let every customer that they can take as much time that they want to relax and then they can call us back to be pick up. Our first Van just ride around Irving Blvd not any other places that are fire away from our hotel thats why is FREE SHUTTLE both of them. Mr. Carlos, if you plan to stay in the future in our hotel, feel free to ask for me, I will be more gladly to assist you to any problem or concern that you have about transportation. Thank you again Mr. Carlos and Thank you for your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
TownePlace Suites Dallas Las Colinas
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center
BEST WESTERN Northwest Inn
Days Inn & Suites Dallas
Days Inn & Suites Dallas
#116 of 200 in Dallas

Been to Days Inn Irving? Share your experiences!