“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Irving

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Days Inn Irving
Ranked #61 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Washington, NC
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

I booked a trip to Texas Stadium for my wife as an anniversary present (12 yrs.) as she's a huge Dallas fan. After booking the trip, I read some of the reviews and began to second quess my decision to stay at this hotel but decided to try it anyway as it was in such close proximity to the stadium. The hotel is within walking distance to the stadium. I found the room to be about as clean as it could be. Fresh clean linens, clean towels wash clothes, etc. The bathroom floor, tub, sinks, etc. clean. Air conditioner, lights, coffee maker, hair dryer all worked as they should. During our stay (2 nights) I must have talked with at least 5 different members of staff and all were very nice and accomodating. We visited the Grill/Bar next door twice and found the staff over there to be very nice also. The Bar/Grill is a little dated (atmosphere) but had one of the best bacon cheesburgers I believe I have ever eaten. I would definately reccommend this Hotel if you're going to a Dallas Cowboy's game! We discussed the reviews before our stay and one thing we noticed was the dates between the reviews in some case years. I reason every once in a while someone will have a bad experience even at the best of Hotels and being in Retail myself, I know there are alot of picky people that expect way too much from establishments like this in the first place. Bottom line: If you are looking an elegant 5 star hotel this is probably not the place for you, however, if you want a clean room, walking distance to Texas Stadium, Bar/Grill a few steps away, nice accomodating helpful hotel staff, affordably priced stay, then this hotel is your best choice. I hope this honest review helps with your choice.

• Liked — Location to Texas Stadium
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Pitchw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2008

My boyfriend booked this hotel room for us to stay in. We had a long distance relationship at the time, so it was very important to enjoy our time together when we have it.

The staff was unfriendly to say the least. I had forgotten my jacket, and when we went back to try to get it, the manager told us we had to find housekeeping and have them get it.

But when we found housekeeping, they didn't know english! Since there was a language gap, I couldn't get my jacket back. I was moving back with him, and on the way back, he found he had staph in his knee. He had a sore in his kneww which ended up infected from the bed. The sheets had LOOKED clean, but obviously wasn't.

DON'T stay here, no matter what a good "deal" it would be. We only had 1 towel and 1 wash cloth, and he had reserved the room for 2. We couldn't get another one, and we stayed for a few days. Unless you want some weird disease or illness, go somewhere else in Irving.

• Stayed March 2008
1 Thank missbarista87
Albuquerque
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2007

Being huge Cowboys fans we were thrilled to find a hotel directly across from Texas Stadium to stay in for our 17th Anniversary along with going to the "Big Game." We didn't mind paying the $125 per night for a King Bed Non-smoking Suite until we got there and the sick reality hit in. The first room they offered us had two full beds, was not a suite so we requested "one" bed. They gave us a queen bed SMOKING suite. The desk clerk informed us that it was either/or. Those of you who don't smoke or can't be around cogarette smoke know how ludacris that is. The final room was, in fact, a king bed no-smoking suite but it was disgusting to say the least. Being a non-smoking room it had cigarette burns on the bathroom sink, it had one lightbulb hanging in the middle of the room to light the entire area and their interpretation of a "suite" was to place an empty bar-like fixture in the middle room that was literally falling apart due to the rotten wood. If that wasn't bad enough the entire room smelled like must. We promptly checked out of the hotel and drove up the street and checked into the Ramada for $55 night. The only good thing I can offer in this review is that the "one night charge" for checking out early was waived.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Austin, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

I had 2 king suite rooms reserved for the 18th to take my parents from Wyoming to the Dallas Cowboy's preseason game. Upon arriving at the hotel at 4:30 PM. the owner said he had given our rooms to someone else. We showed him we had a reservation and confirmation number. He then proceeded to to say that he was going to cancel our reservation. This hotel is within walking distance to the cowboy stadium. After arguing that we expected him to uphold his end of the contract, he finally gave us a double bed room for $10 less. (which is a $35 cheaper room). I will never stay here and hope they go bankrupt after the new Cowboy stadium opens. The owner is the rudest/worst owner of any hotel I've ever stayed at. He does not honor reservations so be very weary making any advanced plans to stay at this hotel on game day, he will probably sell your room for more more money to the first person who comes in and is willing to pay for it. I am also writing an official letter to Day's Inn and the Irving chamber of commerce. Be very weary of the crooked ownership and management. A Bunch of Crooks!!!

• Liked — Nothing. Absolute Crooks
  • Disliked — Management/Ownership
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DeadDrunk
West Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2006

This is a great, affordable,place to stay. We went on Christmas Day to be close to Texas Stadium. We live about 500 miles away and got there before check-in time, that was no problem for the staff, they checked us in early, told us the best way to walk to Texas Stadium and to just call the front desk if we needed anything. The staff was very helpful and friendly and our
room was great.

We are already planning on staying there next year for our annual Cowboy game.

Robin & Linda Boatright,
Sterling City, Texas

Stayed December 2006
1 Thank Dalfan58
Baytown, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2004

I have stayed in places in third world countries that were cleaner than this place. I picked this hotel because it was close to Texas Stadium. Don"t make the mistake. You can indeed see Texas Stadium but to walk to it you must cross a freeway exit ramp and go under a freeway bridge where the homeless are waiting for you. The room was the dirtiest I have ever seen. My socks were black from walking on the carpet and the bathroom had mold growing on the ceiling from the leak above. The air conditioner had no vent cover so the air just kind of came out. They also gouge you if you are staying for an event at Texas Stadium. The maximum rate posted on the door was $75.00 and they charged $121.00 for the event night. I did notice if you need to stay close to Texas Stadium that the Crowne Plaza was offering shuttle service as well as other hotels in the area. Just don't make the same mistake I made by staying here!

24 Thank cokerbud
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Irving DFW South
Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
TownePlace Suites Dallas Las Colinas
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center
Days Inn & Suites Dallas
Days Inn & Suites Dallas
#117 of 200 in Dallas

Been to Days Inn Irving? Share your experiences!