“The Inn of Last Resort” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Suites of America-Irving

Budget Suites of America-Irving
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Irving
Budget Suites of America-Irving
Ranked #69 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Silicorn Valley
“The Inn of Last Resort”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Was looking for a modest, budget friendly extended stay. Was promised a refund of sales tax if I stayed longer than 5 weeks - 3 times. When the time came for a refund the answer was "no." The staff is surly and seems to wish there were no guests at all. Was promised same day maintenance service for lock and toilet problems. - no one ever showed. The onsite laundromat is handy but picking a machine that works is a bit of a crap shoot. There is garbage on grounds. The Irving Police seem to have a presence on the property every other day giving some feeling of safety. Calls to regional manager were not returned.

AC units are loud and don't cool much.

Room Tip: Someplace else.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank coolburt

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Irving, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is an extended stay hotel in Las Colinas area of Irving. I stayed here for about a month, while getting all set up with an apartment and car.

The good -
1. Close to the business areas of Las Colinas
2. Cheap! You cannot get places to stay in Irving at 199 a week with basic amenities. (You can if you look hard enough, but not worth the effort)
3. Close to a couple of small shopping areas, Walgreens, Subway, Restaurants like Pizza Hut and Wendy's
4. Comes equipped with a mattress (yes, no sheets or pillow), 4 stove cooktop, Oven, Kitchen Sink. Small table with 2 chairs, a sofa and a closet. 3 piece bath.
5. You can pay extra for a TV, an iron board and some utensils.
6. Enough parking available.
7. On site Gym and laundromat

The Bad -
1. NO cleaning service. You need to clean out the room.
2. No onsite eating option. Closest place to eat is Benihanas, followed by Wendy's. You can try other long stays like Hilton and Wyndham nearby
3. If anything happens, like a power outage, you can be sure that the office will close promptly. No answers will be given on any updates
4. No wi fi. You need to get your own cable and connect the laptop to the wall connector. the Internet is slow and will reset sometimes.
5. The laundromat charges are quite weird. $1.60 for wash and $1 for drying. Since the recharge machine only takes $5, 10 and 20, you can be sure you will be holding a dud card with some balance when you leave

Overall, OK place for a solo stay. I would not really recommend for families for any long stays.

Room Tip: ALWAYS look for a corner room if you want some natural light and air into the room. Choose rooms o...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Uttiya
Irving
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Multiple issues and management refuse to make resitution, provide any customer satisfaction by refund or by giving free rent to compensate for problems. I've stayed multiple months.
1) accounting is inadequate, one time they charge you one thing and give you a quote on a room. Then the come back and back charge you for extras in your suite such as for a microwave that is in the room you rented for one price. Then they bill you another rate, then go back then try to back bill you again.
2) shortly after moving in I had problems with the refrigerator working improperly and cutting out. I ended up with food poisioning after being told I had too much food in the refrigerator and that was causing the problem. I had to throw out a trash bag and a half of spoiled food. Then after replacing the spoiled food, and not filling it but barely still the refrigerator didn't work properly, more food thrown out. Finally after two weeks they replaced the refrigerator. No refund, no compensation for lost food, nor for the food poisioning. Dealt with Juan
3) Hispanic lawn people carried around 5 - 6" bowie knives in their hand (against the law) when on property every Friday morning. Called the office spoke to Juan, he said they always use the bowie knives on property to clear the sprinkler heads and get weeks. I told him there are items in the hardware store for those chores, he laughed and said they use the bowie knives. I reported it to the police, the following week the men were using implements appropriate for the chore at the hand.
4) another person renting a suite the following week pulled out a bowie knife when we both crossed paths when walking our dogs. He pulled out his bowie knife and threatened my dog if I allowed my dog to close to his he would kill my dog with his knife. I have a mild mannered basset hound.
5) repeatedly harrassed by young african americans living below me (3 apartments) I am white. Rocks and pine cones have been thrown at my window. Have elevated the problem repeatedly and Paula told me she was fed up with hearing about my complaining of being harrassed. A group of the African American youth, when I was walking my dog on this past Tuesday, harrassed me and talked loudly about how they were going to get a gun and shoot me.
6) Another young african american youth came up from behind me and pulled out a toy gun and pointed it at me and pulled the trigger. He had his pants pulled down to show his underwear.
7) Have had items missing from my suite of rooms including my daytimer. When I filled a police report it magically reappeared the next day.
8) one of the young employees goes into other peoples suites when they are at work with his young wife dressed very sexily. Even after reporting it to management he still continued to do so
9) one of the night security guards, former military, was chatting one evening and revealed to me he had made alot of mistakes in his life and had outstanding warrants against him which he needed a $1000 to pay some fines. I did not have the money to give to him.
10) found out the property (in a nice business part of Las Colinas in Irving) is owned by a millionaire in Las Vegas.
11) Had a meeting on Wednesday, July 11th, with Paul and the regional manager Rick about the issues. Rick in essence blew everything off. then said they would get the long standing maintenace issues fixed, for which I even missed 4th of July festivities for due to a note put on my door the night before which I found the morning of the 4th that someone from pest control would be in. The previous day Paula and I had talked about them possibly doing a full refund to me or other compensation.
12) finally someone came up to check why the internet wasn't working, when I first moved in and attempted to connect I was hit with a virus. Jay worked on it. I had to totally srub my laptop. On Thursday I hooked up to the internet and all seemed to work fine and even used my USB port while on line. On Friday the 13th I logged back in and attempted to use my USB and it was corrupted and none of the items could be used. Totally RUined. Called and reported to Erica in the office and asked her to let Paula know.
13) Discussion with Paula on the 12th was a request for two weeks free rent due to all the issues versus a full refund. She said she would check with Rick, the regional manager. Today the 13th rent is due. Received a message from Juan when would I be in to pay rent. Called back and left a message for Juan that Paula was looking into the free rent due to all the issues. Received another call from Juan after 5 pm requesting rent, told him I was waiting for Paula about the request for free rent as compensation. Juan stated no free rent unless all rents are paid and by Sunday at 4pm if not paid he would lock me out. I asked him to contact Rick and Paula, he said no. I asked him to wait until Paula and RIck are back in on Monday he said no. I stated I had been put in danger on property, he in essence and laughed and said no I hadn't and again he would lock me out and he would not wait. I informed him I would report him to the authorities.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Alisa H
Irving, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

It's cheaper by the floor so if you climb 3 long hot flights of stairs you can save a whole 20 dollars that the 1st floor. If you want to hookup a game console or dvd player you have to upgrade your TV for $10 more per week - Plus the room is BARE... BARE ... no sheets, pillows, pots, not even a plastic spoon and they stop serving coffee in the lobby because people were taking the supplies to live off of in their bare room - The laundy room is ill located and I would advise wheeling your clothes to C building AND NO WIFI if you get your Ethernet jack to work you can hook up your own Router to have WIFI. And NO CAMERAS on the parking lot. On night 4 my husband truck was broken into and the property has all cameras pointing at the office only. So for my families safety I simply checked out that morning (1 day early) My safety and peace of mind is not worth a $40 savings. I would not advise this hotel unless this is your kind of place. I just would never put my family or anyone I care for here. Ohh Yeah and the bedroom does not have a full wall there is a cutout and mini blinds so you can open them and see TV from the bed ...no privacy no noise buffering ... wow Welll like I said it takes a certain kind of person to stay here ... TY

Room Tip: If you do stay choose C building 1st floor and park right in front of your door. have a alarm don...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Tom M
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed in Budget Suites Irving for a week. It is a very very average place. The room i checked in did not have all the utensils. The room was supposed be cleaned and ready for a new check-in...and the first thing i see when i enter the washroom is a cockroach in the basin. The rooms are ok...not very clean. The utensils are of very low quality and looks like they haven't been changed in years. The burners are all crooked and some dont even work.
The only good part is that it has Bank Of America and few stores at walking distance for grocery and everyday stuff. There are other good hotels close buy...so keep this as your last option in case of emergency.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank JanTen
Kolkata
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

This extended stay hotel located in 700 Walnut Rge drve and can be considered as a good one or extende sta purpos. Tis hotel provide you a furnishdaccomodation wth local teephone, ntnet(thog this isvery slow) and TVand charge you a all inclsive price of around 19 USD/week. This hotel lso providesdop and pick up service t vriou work locations of Irvig lik 6460 Las collinas campus o citi group, Citi Mortgauge, apeini etc. Inthenary plce(within 10 mins of walking istane) you an find ank omeric in McAurthu bankng centr, one indian snacks shop Hot Breads and one small indian grocer strore.

In this hotel in many of the room AC is not very good.

Always look for the corner rooms in 2nd & 3 rd floor and try to avoid 1s one wich is similar to ground floor in India's perspctie.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Vaskar
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

This isn't a hotel it is a HUD home for locals. If you like flies and fleas this is a great place to stay.

I saw a hooker and her pimp on the corner of one of the buildings from 4 PM to 5 PM where the business men stay. I told the front office and they smiled and shook their head and said tell us if you see it again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business