“DFW before/after Disney World”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We have always enjoyed the DFW-North LaQuinta. Our most recent stays before and after our family trip to Disney World met and exceedeed our previous experiences. The staff was especially helpful in getting a crib and roll-away bed in place before we arrived. Our pick-up at the airport was quck and the staff was great. Special kudos to Joe who assisted us on our arrival and departures. Our visit reinforced our prevoius positive experiences. Thank you!

Room Tip: Let your LaQuinta agent help you by providing as much information as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We drove up from Waco and stayed here the night before we flew out of DFW. The room was very nice and clean. The staff was extremely helpful. If you have an early flight, check to see when breakfast starts. We used the LaQuinta shuttle to take us to the airport and parked our car on the hotel lot for $3.00 a day. When we returned we called the hotel and they picked us up. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nani1950
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We were seeing friends off at the airport & stayed here because they had pets with them. The room was very clean, cool and the staff was very nice. We have reservations to stay again this Oct. with our boys in one of the suites - oddly enough for some reason they do not show up when you try to book online. There rate on a 2 room suite was the best in Grapevine. The location is great for local attractions and the airport.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This place doesn't rate a #1, and here's why. Since I was facing a 20+ hour international journey I decided to stay the last night of my Texas visit at DFW, I chose this hotel because I like La Quintas and I generally trust TripAdvisor ratings.Plus the airport free shuttle. No one chooses such a hotel for any other reason. Despite neither an immediate bellman or luggage cart finally check-in was completed. The room was spotless, but my pre-dinner nap (very comfortable bed and pillows!) was interrupted by the smoke detecter sounding loudly and a strong odor of burning rubber.filling the room. I bounded to the door and observed nothing amiss. Two maids were loitering in the hallway and it took me a while to summons them and a few more minutes in two languages to ask them to go report this. They said "No, we're going home. YOU do it." I called the lobby and a young man showed up, identifying himself as "The Assistant Manager". He said he would move me to another room, which he did. Dinner with a local friend was a 15 minute drive away, dodging construction on Highway 114 but we made it to a restaurant row (I dont know if they will shuttle you or not.) with places like Crab Shack, Olive Garden, etc. Hint: BYO water or sodas to the hotel. Nice flat screen TV. Then a good sleep, and a good no-frills breakfast. I had booked the shuttle and at the appointed hour the A.M.( now morphed into the bellman / shuttle driver) arrived to pick up my 250 lbs of luggage to take it and me to DFW International Terminal D. We chatted and he told me he was a recent grad in Hospitaity Management and that he had done an internship in one of Dallas's finest luxury hotels. Seemed an earnest capable young fellow. He then tried to drop me at Terminal D Arrivals on the lower Level - where there is NO FACILITY for luggage check-in!! . I kindly indicated that I needed International Departures- on the upper Level. I needed to check in with skycaps with my 4 pieces of heavy luggage. He refused, grew more adamant and said that "oh someone" outside or inside Arrivals would help me. Uh-huh. Though Mr Asst Mgr / Driver at no time offered to help carry bags inside. So much for Creative Management. Utterly preposterous. All he wanted was to get rid of me. He said that they couldnt go up to departures!! His helpful -well-trained mien evaporated and I had to insist he return me to the hotel. Upon my return to the front desk, this lunacy was supported by the GM , who cited company policy..She also mumbled something about juggling bags from inside Arrivals up to Departures, but it made no more sense than the suggestions of her junior colleague. Having no choice I had them call a cab which of course I had to pay for. WHO PAYS FOR A CAB WHEN THERE'S A FREE SHUTTLE? Thinking that maybe there was a security issue which kept hotel shuttles from departure areas, I checked with the DFW Sheraton and they were suprised by the question. "Of COURSE we can drop off at the departures level." So, if you're driving and can avoid the 114 construction, or are flying with carry ons you are ok. But if you are carrying more luggage - stay elsewhere. Try the Sheraton instead! ! At leasst you know you'll getr dropped off at the right place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
lq0943ops, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Hello,

I do apologize for your recent stay with us. Could you please contact me so I would be able to discuss what happened and further investigate? I would really like to talk about what happened and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so we can better improve our service.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

My wife and I were in TX for a conference. We had a mix up on our reservations at the Texan and needed to stay one night elsewhere. We made reservations at LaQuinta and was very happy with the room, the pool hot tub and breakfast. We then went to the Texan for the remainder of our trip and wished we had stayed at LaQuinta. Great little place to stay and we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Booked a room at the airport because our flight was early. Also we had stayed at the Motel 6 the previous year and was able to leave our car for free. I called Studio 6 before I made reservations to confirm I could leave my car there for free and the lady said yes. When we checked in they told me I had to pay $5 a day. The manager called the owner and she said she did not tell me that and it would be $5 a day. Whhen we got to our room, the paint was peeling off the door, the couch in the sitting area was dirty, carpet dirty, and no ice machine was working. Would definately never stay here again, ever!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2011

A very nice La Quinta property. Rooms appear to have been recently upgraded (carpets,drapes, furniture, TV, etc) and were large and clean. Nice HD TV. Wireless internet works great. Friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank techdir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites
Comfort Suites DFW Airport
Hyatt Regency DFW
Hyatt Regency DFW
#30 of 212 in Dallas
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!