“Kudos to the La Quinta's”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Calgary, Canada
“Kudos to the La Quinta's”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

2 hours to clear US Customs @ DFW Airport - missed my rental car and hotel shuttles. Standing out in a cold and foggy night in a concrete maze that just seemed to go on forever. Not a great way to start a visit and destined to get a bit worse. Based on my fellow traveller's reviews I had chosen the La Quinta Inn & Suites Love Field - then #2 of all Dallas Hotels, which is located at 8300 John Carpenter Frwy but it took until 1 am to get a cab which dropped me off instead at the La Quinta at 4850 J C Frwy - a 10 min, $ 24 cab ride. Rosalind - the very nice lady at the desk - said it happens quite often and that a cab to Love Field would cost about $40. I was done, just wanted a bed and some sleep and she was good enough to call Max at the other La Quinta and they both agreed to cancel my original reservation. If you have ever tried to cancel a reservation this late in the game with a hotel - you know how big a 'challenge" this can be. Thank you Rosalind, Max and La Quinta - saved my night.
The La Quinta in Irving is much more convenient to DFW and is a very nice hotel - as one should expect with this chain. Located across from the Freeway itself, my room was set back and quiet. Spacious and well laid out, comfortable from the lobby in, this Inn had a warm and fuzzy feeling throughout.
My room was clean and well appointed - 2 comfortable queen beds, nice work desk with plenty of plugs for your electronic toys and great wifi. Flat Screen TV, good cable. Very clean bathroom with great water pressure and a nice shower/tub combo. I enjoyed what little time I got to spend here.
Good breakfast in the morning - I always like waffles in the shape of Texas - with real juices, real milk, real cereals, real muffins - in a nice quiet setting. Free shuttle back to the airport. Once again, I can not say enough about the staff at this Inn - both the night and day staff when I checked out. Friendly and helpful throughout my short stay here. Thank you La Quinta.

I shot a very short video of this Inn @

Location @ Googlemap @ www.yolotraveller.com

Room Tip: My room was set back from the Freeway and was quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank yolotraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Clean establishment with incredible staff. Courteous treatment to guests with convenience of shuttle transportation available. Highly recommend for business or leisure stay. Excellent location within minutes of DFW airport. Easy access to food and shopping within the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Had a nice stay, room are clean and well equipped !
Great free shuttle to airport, business area or mall.
Friendly staff, really helpful!
The breakfast buffet was simple but good.
Will definitively stay again there when going to Dallas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Victoria, BC
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I usually stay at La Quinta Inn properties because they are very predictable. This location is no exception BUT I found two or three things that lower their rate (unfortunately).

First, the positive: The hotel is as clean and well maintained as you can expect. The room we got was actually quite nice since it has a laminated floor in the door area with some french doors in the bathroom. Room and common areas were in very good shape. The pool was nice and the breakfast was average but enough for a quick stop.

Now, the negative: We got a room facing the highway and the noise isulation is very basic. It wasn't as bad as "I could not sleep" but it wasn't as good as I have seen in other properties. Perhaps if you get a room facing the courtyard you will not have this issue, but it was an issue for us. Another thing is that the "business center" was actually a computer in the lobby. That made it impossible to use since there were kids always playing in the machine with no control or supervision. I wanted to print out my boarding passes, and I had to come three times (almost two hours) before I was given the chance to use the computer. My last note is on regards to some minor items in the room: The shower head was loose from the wall and difficult to point towards the right place and the lock in the french doors was broken. One more thing, please chnage the ammenities provider! The soap and the shampoo provided did not give any kind of foam (I guess it means they are not good quality?).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RanyDanny
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had the opportunity on a trip to stay at this Hotel...what a find....the Front desk staff were very helpful, courteous and professional…the room was very nice and realized why this place wins awards…I was flying out of DFW and parked my vehicle there and had an exceptional experience…was very impressed by Marcus, the shuttle commander that got me to the airport on time and was like visit with an old high school cum…I highly recommend this hotel if you’re staying Dallas.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo