“Perfect weekend getaway”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I are geographically separated, he's stationed in San Antonio while I live in Omaha. Our time together is usually spent somewhere in between. This was a last minute, quick weekend trip. We booked our stay at The Westin due to its proximity to DFW. The front desk staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant and even upgraded our room after the heard why we were there. The room was perfect for our weekend getaway... Mini-fridge and wet bar, sitting area and a big, comfy bed! We were in a corner suite on the top floor, facing DFW. We watched planes fly right over our room as they were landing. While we enjoyed this, others may not. We did not hear planes landing all night long and I didn't find it disruptive.

The rooftop pool was perfect for th hot, Dallas days, though the hot tub was not working, which appears to be a running theme. The shower left a little to b desired, but definitely not the worst hotel shower we've seen. The furnishings were nice and appeared to have been updated recently.

All in all, it was a great place for a weekend getaway and we'll happily return the next time we're in Dallas!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. It is through our guests’ feedback that we can determine how well we are doing in taking care of our guests. Our goal is to meet or exceed your expectations. I am pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities. We want to thank your husband for serving our country and we are proud supporters of our troops. Thank him for all that he does and it was our pleasure to serve you on your stay with us. We are committed to maintaining our physical asset at a level that matches our outstanding service. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that should your travel plans once again include our area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Noises. Paper thin walls. Pretty surprised at the age of hotel as well. Seems like a typical 1970s era old school hotel. One bright spot was its service. Service personel all seemed very attentive and ready to assist. It is easy to get to and from DFW

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. It’s our promise to you! I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service. Although, I am a little surprised about your comments regarding noise I do see how that would make it an uncomfortable stay. I will work with my team to address any acute noise issues that may exist. We are committed to maintaining our physical asset at a level that matches our outstanding service. We are also in the process of refreshing our meeting space in the fall. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We travel often, booking through third-party websites for better deals, and I am not an easy guest to please. We have had many negative experiences with different hotel chains, and so I am always reluctant about what to expect.

This was my birthday weekend and we were looking forward to the rooftop heated pool and luxuriously comfortable bedding as advertised by the Westin.

Immediately upon checking in, I noticed how friendly the staff was. Even though my husband and I were dressed in rags from working in construction all day, they did not look down on us or treat us as if we didn't belong.

We visited the pool first. The hot tub was out of service and the pool was NOT warm. I thought to myself, "Here we go! (another overpriced, overrated hotel)

I did my normal- complained! And I half expected for them to tell me they were sorry, but of course, there was nothing they could do about it. This is pretty regular to me, from other hotels, because they don't really seem to care whether they lose our business or not.

They didn't. Instead, the GM on shift that night (4/18/2014) personally came to introduce himself and apologize for the pool not being heated. He reset the thermostat on the pool so it could begin warming up, and he offered my husband and I both free drinks- whatever we wanted from the restaurant.

That made me forget about the fact that the hot tub was out of service and soon after the pool was back to enjoyable conditions.

That night the air conditioner in our room went out. We woke up the next morning sweating. How awful! I called the front desk to complain and they accommodated us by upgrading us to an executive suite for no charge! They immediately moved us and gave us all free breakfast buffets! Then about 30 minutes after being in our room, they knock on my door with a special surprise- a signed birthday card by all the staff, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, and chilled wine! I was in tears!

That night, any time we called to get an extra item - such as a pillow, blanket, or directions somewhere- they were prompt and very kind!

I really loved this hotel - even though the jacuzzi was temporarily out of service, and the first night stay was not so comfortable- I understand that THINGS happen! And sometimes, these things are out of the management's control. But, unlike other hotels that we have been at, the Westin went above and beyond to compensate us for our disappointments.

THIS is true customer service. Excellent job, guys! Thanks again for a wonderful birthday experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

We appreciate the time you have taken to express your feelings about our hotel. Even though your experience is not typical of what we hear from the vast majority of our guests I do sincerely apologize for starting off your experience so disappointing, with the hot tub being out of order and the ac going out in your room. I am pleased with my team for being so proactive and making your birthday weekend as special as possible and fixing all the issues right away. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed, and in your case we hit every mark. I made sure that we went above and beyond to change the early disappointments. We are committed to maintaining our physical asset at a level that matches our outstanding service. In the end we want all of our guests to leave us better than when they arrived and I am thrilled to hear that we made you feel so special on your Special Day! I do hope that you enjoyed your Moon Shine Margaritas. Thank you again on your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I often visit Dallas for work and I came across this Westin hotel several years ago. I was just recently back this week and I realized I never wrote a review for this hotel. Well, I really like this place. It is conveniently located close to the airport and I don't hear airplane noise. The property has a large parking lot and there is a Starbucks in the lobby. The rooms are nice and comfortable and there is a lounge/restaurant on the first floor which are both adequate. I like the Westin brand, and it is definitely much nicer than the Sheraton on the opposite side of the freeway. This place has never disappointed me and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Welcome back to the Westin DFW and thank you for taking the time to complete a Westin Survey, it certainly sounds like you have earned the title "Life Long Guest". Our goal is to make life easier for our guests and to help them relax and revive and in your case it seems that we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I had hoped for more for this hotel. It was close to DFW (but beware still 10 miles to terminal) with free shuttle. I have stayed at dozens of Westin hotels, and this one was below average. I did like that it has refrigerated sandwiches and salads available for purchase which was convenient for my 10 p.m. arrival having missed dinner. Large lobby area, but hallways were unusually dark.

Price was right for $89, but will consider elsewhere at DFW.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. It’s our promise to you! I regret that your experience was not perfect, and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to improve our service. This type of information is very valuable to us, and I assure you we will use it to improve the experience for future guests. I see that you had multiple noise issue, and this surely is not a standard in which we have set or aspire to exceed. I sincerely hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future so that you may experience all that our hotel has to offer.

Jeremy Berlin

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Eight weeks of two room reservation blocks and can't manage to get any basic respect

It's fifty fifty - with half the agents responding to you like you are not worth their time, and others giving you a westin experience and showing some concern over your concerns.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ShaneoMak
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for this experience in our hotel. Our staff of dedicated hospitality professionals work hard each and every day to ensure that the guest experience in our hotel is a refreshing and renewing one. Clearly we were a disappointment in your instance. As this is certainly not the standard in which we have set or aspire to exceed I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. I only wish that I had the opportunity to visit with you while you were a guest in the hotel. I am sure that we would have found a way to resolve these issues to your complete satisfaction. In this day and age we know that our customers have many choices and we rely on feedback from our guests in order to improve our delivery to future guests. Please know that I will review the information that you have provided here with our team and we will make adjustments. In the end we want all of our guests to leave us better than when they arrived and I do wish that you would give us the opportunity to regain your trust and faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our room was great and for a great price. Really helpful staff. Comfortable beds. Airport shuttle comes 24 hours and every 30 min. The pool was closed at the time and the hot tub could have used a cleaning and more heat as it would have been nice to have a hot tub while watching the planes come in. Otherwise great stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. I want to apologize for the pool being out of service and that the hot tub was not too clean. I regret that you had this type of unusual experience and I wish that you would have let our staff know so we could have fixed the problem. We are committed to maintain our physical assets at a level that matches our outstanding service. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
#1 of 212 in Dallas
3 mi away
NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!