“Bad for handicap”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

After making initial reservation for a handicap room with two beds and getting confirmation for one king bed. I called back and was then told no handicap rooms only have king beds. Well traveling with my daughter and handicap mom we didnt all want to sleep together and how many handicap people travel alone? So I took a regular room hoping scooter would fit and got free breakfast buffet and late checkout. Upon arriving at hotel none of this was changed or noted on acct and girl at front desk was not vet customer service oriented.

Stayed: May 2014
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service. I want to apologize for the set of circumstances and inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. Our goal is to make life easier for our guests and to help them relax and revive. Particularly guests who require an ADA room, I am disappointed that we did not meet our objective and added to your circumstances. I only wish that I had the opportunity to visit with you while you were a guest in the hotel. I am sure that we would have found a way to resolve the issue to your complete satisfaction. Please know that I will review the information that you have provided here with our team and we will make adjustments. In the end we want all of our guests to leave us better than when they arrived and I do wish that you would give us the opportunity to regain your trust and faith in our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,389)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I gave this 3 stars because the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The problem we had with this hotel is that when our group of 8 arrived 4 of us had to go back downstairs because we were given rooms that had people in them. Then again the second room had people --i actually walked into a room and woke people up. My 3rd room worked but my colleague had to go back down for a fourth room. They explained that the computers were down but I still think it was bad form to assign keys to people if they are not absolutely certain the room is vacant. At check out there was 1 person working the front desk so after a 10 minute wait I asked for a receipt to guarantee that no charges were assigned to me and he could not do it because computers were still down. I would not stay here again based on this experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Westin survey. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced at our hotel. It is disappointing to hear that you had to experience an inconvenience of getting rooms that people were checked into. It is not typical of our system to be down and I can see how that can make a trip unpleasant. It was not our intention to check people into rooms that were checked into already. I regret that you had to experience that on your stay with us. As this is certainly not the standard in which we have set or aspire to exceed. Again I regret that you had to experience this on your trip to our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Westin Heavenly Bed experience with our Heavenly bed program. We pride ourselves on a relaxing and reviving night’s sleep, as we know it is crucial to a productive trip. I hope that should your travel plans once again include our area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nice. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Room was nice. The hotel pool was on the roof top and was nice. There was nice chairs and tables around the pool that made it enjoyable to sit around and it was open late in the evening.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. I am pleased to know that we met all your expectations. I see that you took the time to unwind by our rooftop pool. We take great pride in knowing that the guests leave rested and replenished. Its looks like we hit the mark in your case. I thank you again for all the wonderful feedback that you have provided. I will be sure to give all your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It is a a good overnight stay flights do not connect at DFW but not quite a Westin standard hotel. The room had all the usual things and is comfortable but at check in their computer system was down and was still down hours later. Took three visits to reception to get a room key that worked and after a 18 journey it is the last thing you need. Shuttle took 20 minutes to arrive at the airport to collect me and only runs every 30 minutes for departures. Restaurant was good

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. It’s our promise to you! I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service. It is not typical of our system to be down and I do apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with the shuttle and the room keys. Again, I regret that you had to endure this on your trip to our hotel. This type of information is very valuable to us and I assure you we will use it to improve the experience for future guests.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I are geographically separated, he's stationed in San Antonio while I live in Omaha. Our time together is usually spent somewhere in between. This was a last minute, quick weekend trip. We booked our stay at The Westin due to its proximity to DFW. The front desk staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant and even upgraded our room after the heard why we were there. The room was perfect for our weekend getaway... Mini-fridge and wet bar, sitting area and a big, comfy bed! We were in a corner suite on the top floor, facing DFW. We watched planes fly right over our room as they were landing. While we enjoyed this, others may not. We did not hear planes landing all night long and I didn't find it disruptive.

The rooftop pool was perfect for th hot, Dallas days, though the hot tub was not working, which appears to be a running theme. The shower left a little to b desired, but definitely not the worst hotel shower we've seen. The furnishings were nice and appeared to have been updated recently.

All in all, it was a great place for a weekend getaway and we'll happily return the next time we're in Dallas!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. It is through our guests’ feedback that we can determine how well we are doing in taking care of our guests. Our goal is to meet or exceed your expectations. I am pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities. We want to thank your husband for serving our country and we are proud supporters of our troops. Thank him for all that he does and it was our pleasure to serve you on your stay with us. We are committed to maintaining our physical asset at a level that matches our outstanding service. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that should your travel plans once again include our area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very courteous and pleasant. They were happily willing to help with any questions and requests. The hotel was very nice and surprisingly quiet with its close proximity to the airport. The pool had a nice area to sit while unwinding in the evenings. I was staying at the hotel for a business trip and certainly would not mind staying again next time I visit Dallas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. It is through our guests’ feedback that we can determine how well we are doing in taking care of our guests. Our goal is to meet or exceed your expectations. I am pleased to know that we met all your expectations. I see that you took the time to unwind by our rooftop pool. We take great pride in knowing that the guests leave rested and replenished. Its looks like we hit the mark in your case. I thank you again for all the wonderful feedback that you have provided. I will be sure to let my team know what a great job they are doing. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Noises. Paper thin walls. Pretty surprised at the age of hotel as well. Seems like a typical 1970s era old school hotel. One bright spot was its service. Service personel all seemed very attentive and ready to assist. It is easy to get to and from DFW

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our goal is for each guest to leave us refreshed and renewed. It’s our promise to you! I regret that your experience was not perfect and I assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and work hard to continually improve our service. Although, I am a little surprised about your comments regarding noise I do see how that would make it an uncomfortable stay. I will work with my team to address any acute noise issues that may exist. We are committed to maintaining our physical asset at a level that matches our outstanding service. We are also in the process of refreshing our meeting space in the fall. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
3 mi away
NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!