“Southern hospitality at its finest”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Chicago, Illinois
“Southern hospitality at its finest”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I came to Dallas for a family wedding weekend. After a 2 1/2 hour delay at O'hare, we arrived at the Westin only to discover that I had mistakenly made reservations at a different hotel. Mark at the front desk went out of his way to get us quickly settled in at the Westin, sine we are Starwood members we even got an upgrade even though we didn't even ask for it! We found the hotel clean, incredibly quiet even though we were so close to the airport. We are familiar with the Westin brand and the heavenly bed which is truly heavenly. We ate at both restaurants in the hotel and the food was good in both places. If I'm in Dallas again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The suite we had was great, very roomy with lots of plugs for all the electronics
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. I am pleased to know that we met all your expectations. We take great pride in knowing that the guests leave rested and replenished. It looks like we hit the mark in your case.
I thank you again for all the wonderful feedback that you have provided. I will be sure to give all your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
OK
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful visit. I received a complimentary room upgrade which was greatly appreciated. The staff were especially attentive and professional. If I find myself in Irving again I will definitely consider this property again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and your free room upgrade.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have traveled to Dallas on business at least once a month for the past ten months and the Westin DFW is by far my favorite place to stay. I have tried the Hyatt Regency right at the airport a few times and every time I wish I had gone back to the Westin. Unlike the Hyatt the Westin is really well run and it shows from the time you arrive until you check out. The food at the hotel is consistently good be if for the breakfast buffet or dinner. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The employees are always very friendly and helpful, especially the door man who always has a smile and a word of welcome no matter how busy he may be. I may sound like an employee of the hotel but I assure you I am just a very satisfied customer and highly recommend the Westin DFW to anyone traveling to the Dallas area.

1 Thank Jeff-gmail E
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at our hotel. I am pleased to know we met all your expectactions and that you enjoyed our food and our friendly and professional staff. I will be sure to give all your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed.
Corpus Christi
Reviewed 3 July 2014

As a frequent traveler for business, I have stayed at a magnitude of hotels throughout the U.S. I support a company in the Irving, Texas area and was looking for a hotel that offers the following attributes: (1) quality, (2) safety, (3) comfort, (4) great location, (5) reduce noise from outside foot traffic, (6) cleanliness, (7) wireless internet, (8) high quality restaurant, (9) high quality bedding and towels, and (10) competant and compassionate staff. With the Westin DFW, I received all of the above and more, all at a very competitive price for the area! The shuttle drivers also drove me to my work location every morning during my trip. I highly recommend anybody looking for an excellent stay in the Irving area, to make the Westin your first choice!

1 Thank Robert D
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that we met all your expectations. I will be sure to give your compliments to our staff and let them know that they have been noticed.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We held a company meeting and the service was amazing! It's centrally located, particularly for travelers, as its very close to the airport. Also, it's in close proximity to malls, lots of restaurants and plenty of things to do. The staff was very responsive to our needs and went above and beyond on providing and correcting the service they offered. It far exceeded our expectations! We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Easy access from our airport office, great staff, great rooms.
I always try to stay here when I am at DFW on business and sometimes wish I could work out of the hotel all day instead of dealing with the traffic.
Never had the chance to have breakfast but dinner has always been excellant. The lounge can be real interesting as well. Lots of fun folks and the staff behind the bar is top notch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Welcome back to the Westin DFW and thank you for taking the time to complete a Westin Survey, it certainly sounds like you have earned the title "Life Long Guest". Your feedback is critical to our ability to improve our guest experience. I am pleased to know that we could make this a place a home away from home, as I can see how being away from home can be tiresome. Our goal is to make life easier for our guests and to help them relax and revive and in your case it seems that we have exceeded your expectations. I see that you do get to unwind at the Blue Fire Grill but on your next trip you should try the Market for breakfast. We offer a great spread where you can create your own omelets, have fresh waffles but those are just a few examples of what we have to offer. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Received a reservation 30 minutes before arrival. The room was fresh, clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was convenient having a place to eat on the premises. I would have like a mini frig in the room. Other than that everything was great.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Westin survey. We know your time is valuable and we appreciated your feedback. We appreciate all the wonderful compliments. I see that you had time to unwind at our Blue Fire Grill restaurant. We pride ourselves on our exceptional hospitality and I see that we did not miss that mark in your case. We do offer refrigerators on our executive floors and we also offer refrigerators upon request. I wish that you would have made the staff aware regarding a refrigerator we would have been happy to make that accommodation for you. Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,090 reviews
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!