“Cockroaches and House keeping problems ruined our stay”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed at the Airport Westin in Dallas FW and two people, plus ourselves had cockroaches in our room. That is bad, but we also saw them in the restaurant. Unacceptable to say the least. To top it of, I had received a Polo shirt from my company at the event that weekend. I didn't want it to get smashed in the suit case so I placed it in the closet. I checked out the next day and left it in the closet. It was important to me to get it back. I called house keeping and they said they couldnt find it, but they would look in another spot. I never heard from them again. I called many times and the head housekeeper Myra, never returned my call. Long story short, bring your bug spray, and don't leave anything behind or you can kiss it good bye. I am extremely disappointed!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mallardquest
Jeremy B, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please accept my apologies that we failed to meet your expectations. It is our goal to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations. I wish I would have know about your concerns during your stay as this is the first I have heard of such concerns. We like all major branded hotels are contracted for extensive weekly pest control. This is provided by a third party state certified company as a preventative procedure to eliminate such concerns. As for the lost and found item I will be sure to have our director of housekeeping follow up with you ASAP. Please fell free to reach out to me directly if you should have any other questions. I would like the opportunity to explain our procedures in more detail so that you can be assured that Westin is the premier life style brand for a reason.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I had a great time in the lounge. Christine, Liam and Robert were friendly and provided great service. I mad a point of going back each day, over my 4 days just to say hi and enjoy the atmosphere. Check out the lounge. The fish cakes are also something you should try.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our hotel.
I'm pleased to know you enjoyed our lounge and our delicious fish cakes.
Thank you again and we look forward to see you again when your travels bring you to the DFW area.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I recently met up with family at this location, only for one evening before we had a family road trip across country. My flight flew in from Chicago around 11pm, we went straight to the hotel bar. We were greeted by a server named Robert as well as a bartender named Christine. Both were friendly & helped us immediately. They made recommendations, made us feel right at home. It was just the two of them during a busy shift & they still managed to make us as well as other customers very happy.

Also, in the morning we had similar service during breakfast from Felix and Sammy. Both were super attentive, friendly & made us feel right at home once again! It was such a nice surprise to see the morning/night staff deliver similar service.

Overall, the hotel has a wonderful bar/restaurant staff. Super impressive.

Thank you so much!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property.
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit at your restaurant and that our wonderful staff made you feel welcome.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Friendly and professional sums up the staff. Liam, Christine, Robert, Chaffe and Olga are awesome, They remember my likes and dislikes. The burgers, salads, soups and beverages are great. I look forward to dining there every time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review of our staff and our food. I'm pleased to know we are meeting all your expectations.
Thank you again and we look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stay at this Westin on a weekly basis and they always go above and beyond in making my stay perfect. The staff is always so friendly and welcoming, they really make this hotel the best in the area. The beds are cozy, food is amazing and being able to rent work out clothes is so convenient. I always look forward to seeing my shuttle driver Jim in the mornings as he drops me off at work.

1  Thank Natalie V

Thnak you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel.
I'm pleased to know you enjoy our food, our service and that you find our work out clothes very convenient.
Thank you again and we look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I work for a major airline and travel most every week. My stay at the Westin was as close to perfect as one can get. From the shuttle drivers to the personnel at the check-in desk, they were great. But the one person that really stands out and truley made me feel welcome was Tony Santos. He always greeted me with a smile and a hand shake, always asked if everything was ok with my stay and said if I needed anythiing at all he was the man to see. So often in todays hurried pace at other hotels you seem to be just another guest. Thanks to Tony and the rest of the staff, the Westin will now be my home away from home when my travel plans take me to DFW.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel.
I'm pleased to know Tony and the rest of our staff made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you again and we look forward to have you back when your travels bring you to the DFW area.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We recently hosted (Aug 2014) our first Switch On Your Brain Conference there. 250+ people in attendance. We received excellent service from Donna Bolts (Senior Sales Manager), Candi Christie (Convention Services Manager) Richard Sinclair (AV Director), Manual Mata (Assistant Banqueting Manager).

The Chef accommodated our need for an organic selection of meals and refreshments. The only hotel to do so at a reasonable price. We investigate several others. The delegates also enjoyed the hotel facilities.

A big thank you for all the Westin behind the scenes staff.

Mac Leaf CEO Switch on Your Brain Int LLC.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel.
I'm pleased to know you were able to enjoy our facility and staff during your Convention.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
#2 of 205 in Dallas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!