“Restful and refreshing stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Bacliff, Texas
“Restful and refreshing stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we were in town for the NASCAR race in October 2013 and I'm glad we chose this hotel! The front desk staff was very polite and our room was beyond clean. We booked a king executive suite and it was the largest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The room had a desk and a sitting area with a couch, arm chair, and coffee table. The bathroom came equiped with a tub and seperate shower. If you are an exceptionally tall person the shower would not be comfortable but thankfully for my husband and myself this was not an issue. The included breakfast was wonderful with lots of choices and it was replenished frequently. Also, the dining room was large with lots seating. The hotel shuttle service is for DFW only so don't make a reservation here if you are flying in our out of Love Field. The bed was super comfortable and the best part was there was absolutely no noise while in our room! I was worried since we were near the runways of DFW but we never heard an airplane or other guests during our stay. The place is a fort! Only a short drive to Texas Motor Speedway which was nice. We plan to go to the NASCAR race again this year and we also plan to stay at this hotel again. Wonderful stay and I recommed to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: There is not an elevator to the third floor so ask for a first or second floor room if this is an is...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 June 2014

no internet

got a connection from neighbouring Super 8

can hear all the trucks roll by throughout the night if you room is on the highway side

breakfast not served until later, 20 people were waiting around at 6AM, nothing

went to the nearby Denny's wish was possibly weaker than an HIEX breakfast + we got to pay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Sam S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here recently and had a really nice experience. Our room was nice, big and clean. The four of us never felt like sardines in a can. The breakfast room was also large and modern, offering a good variety of hot and cold foods, coffee was very good. My 5 year old grandson and I swam in the pool before leaving in the morning and were impressed. The only negative that I can think of is parking, or lack of it. We had to circle the place a couple of times before finding a spot. Hopefully this isn't a nightly occurrence. I will stay here again the next time I fly into Dallas.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Alphaman60
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was on my way from Vancouver, BC, and had an overnight layover. The desk clerk's name was Matt and he was awesome! It was 9 pm and several folks were in line, the phone were ringing, and more were on the way due to some calcellations. He was calm and collected, handling everyone nicely, and even kept a smile on his face. There was a menu for an Italian place we passed around as noone had eaten. They delivered right to the room. Ah-the room. King-sized bed, big flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, and clean. I recommend it and will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SuziBinSC
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night the week of May 19, 2014. The check in process always goes smooth and I am always recognized as a platinum elite member. I like the location of this hotel because it is close to major freeways, dining, and the rental car return at DFW International, among other things...

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here the night before we left on our honeymoon. The room was large and clean. The staff were very helpful. The food and coffee were very tasty. We used the shuttle to DFW and left our car at hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Due to a change of itinerary, I booked a room at the Airport Holiday Inn Express in Irving Texas. The hotel was new. They rooms were spacious and more what one might expect from a higher end hotel. The hotel has a nice lounge/bistro and I spent the evening with quality guests watching the first night of the NFL draft in a very pleasant surrounding and enjoyed a good meal as well. As I travel often to the Irving/Las Colinas area, I'll make this a regular stay. I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul F
Travellers also viewed these Irving hotels
Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!