La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed recently for 1 night. The 2nd floor air conditioning did not work so the halls were very warm and humid. We went down for breakfast as a lady was removing everything - we thought the breakfast was open until 10 am. We were not given any info when we checked in. The room was nice and clean but I don't think I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite was plenty of room for a family - the room was a little dark though.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CLDavis2014
La Quinta L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear La Quinta Guest,

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your most recent stay. We understand it must have been frustrating to walk the 2nd floor with our Air Conditioner Unit not functioning - we are in the middle of getting this repaired and should have it up and running in no time.

As far as the breakfast hours, we apologize again and will definitely share with our Team your experience so we can ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our room was a King Executive suite and we thoroughly enjoyed having the sofa and tv sitting area, along with the king bed and 2nd tv area. The room was huge and very comfortable and clean. There was a sink and cabinet with dishes outside of the bathroom, which was nice. The breakfast was good, except the attendant had difficulty keeping the food available due the large amount of people eating breakfast at the same time. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit and three kinds of juice as well as milk, cereal, coffee and hot tea and cocoa. All in all the breakfast was good just took longer than usual to try to get the food because it kept running out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
La Quinta L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for your kind words and acknowledging our Bright Side Breakfast items.

We sincerely apology about the lack of timeliness in the Breakfast Room during your stay, but we will certainly use this as a training tool for better staffing the Breakfast during heavy occupancy mornings.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The room I stayed in was exceptional. I was very impressed. Very clean and extremely spacious. I never heard another person's voice once I was inside my room and I slept very well. The a/c was powerful and the room was completely cooled once I arrived. I will stay at LaQuinta from now on.
The only thing that I didn't like was the smell of the swimming pool in the lobby.

Room Tip: Everything was perfect on the second floor
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff was eager to help and very friendly. The room was clean and very comfortable. Everything looked to be very well maintained. Probably the best hotel wi-fi I have seen yet. I don't eat breakfast but the coffee was good. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
La Quinta L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to accommodating you soon again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My only complaint with this hotel was the breakfast menu. Just stay away from the eggs. The rooms are super comfortable. The bathrooms were very clean. The customer service is outstanding. I intend to stay at La Quinta for all my business travels.

• Stayed: June 2014
La Quinta L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and constructive criticism. We will definitely look into new ways to satisfy our Guests' tastebud by researching new options to substitute our egg selection.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hotel is in a great location. We were attending a convention at the Four Seasons but that hotel was full. The LaQuinta is just across the street from the Four Seasons so it was convenient. We were not in the hotel much except to sleep so did not have many encounters with the staff. The few times we did, the staff was very courteous. The negatives we observed were 1) a smoky smell to our room (smoke-free hotel), 2) Pool was full of dead bugs. I swept it for 30 minutes and did not get them all, 3) noisy air conditioner that had a rattle that would come and go. On the bright side, the room was very affordable.

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the lack of satisfaction you experienced during your most recent stay. We want to extend our apology by speaking with you directly regarding these issues and offering you an answer and explanation to these issues. These issues regarding the pool are unacceptable and we promise you will never have this experience again.

I look forward to speaking with you personally at your earliest convenience. Hopefully we can come up with a solution to prove how much we appreciate your business and loyalty to La Quinta.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a Converted Holiday Inn Express but except for room size being smaller than typical modern Laquinta's you would never know. They have done a very nice job making it a typical spotless, pleasant Laquinta. Room size is still very adequate. Breakfast was acceptable. Sausage, Bacon, egg rounds, waffles and a limited amount of fruit and other carb fare. Nothing to get excited over but better than muffins and cereal. Easy enough to get to, quiet area, adequate parking. The only problem we had was a very noisy neighbor. Both nights he started up yelling something repeatedly in what sounded like Hindi around 11 PM and continued until after midnight. I was too tired after long days of trade show work to get up, go to the other side of the bed to the phone and complain, so really no fault of the Hotel. I am sure they would have delt with it had I said something. I finally got to sleep in spite of it. Overall, a very nice property and I would certainly recommend it as well as stay there again if I was in that area.