“Newly renovated rooms and hallways”

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just three weeks ago, the rooms renovation (and hallways carpeting replacement) was completed. I understand that this is the first Courtyard by Marriott in the Dallas area to have the new "look" which is very cool and contemporary. You could still smell the freshness of the new carpet. I love the new furniture and how business friendly the rooms are now. Several electrical outlets have newly added USB power charging capability. The lighting system makes the room brighter.

Service is exceptional. I was picked up at the airport within 10 minutes of calling for a shuttle bus. Front desk had my electronic key ready upon arrival and I was in my room in seconds. They were just as courteous in the morning when I needed a ride to the nearby DFW Marriott Hotel -- just 5 minutes away. (Marriott Hotel is a great place to rent a Hertz car and save on taxes and fees from the DFW airport car rental facility.)

The fitness room is quite large for a typical Courtyard, loaded with good, new equipment -- both cardio and weights. Free bottles of water in the fitness room, towels, etc. Breakfast is the standard new Courtyard breakfast menu -- dependably good and reasonably priced.

In the end, however, I slightly downgraded this property because of value....the price paid ($189) was just too high for this location, even with all the new goodies. After all, it's just a Courtyard and shouldn't command a price over $150 per night.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are newly renovated, so take your pick!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hello mshbnyehud!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

I am sorry that you felt the rate was too high and I would be curious to know what day you stayed. Thursday April 3rd through Monday April 7th was virtually a special events time span for all of Dallas and Ft. Worth, with NASCAR and The Final Four in town. Our rates,along with every hotel within a 20 mile radius of the events were higher during this time. The same goes for a variety specific days of peak demand throughout the year. I say all that, to say this; Our rates are not normally what you paid. Our average rates both during the week and the weekends are more or less consistent with the other Courtyards in our area. For example, out of the five Courtyards serving the DFW area, we were the second lowest for a Tuesday night stay next week. The highest three were north of 169.

I hope this clarifies the way we structure our rates and I would also implur you to call us directly if you are encountering some rate restraints. We do our best to work with our guests and ensure they are getting the best deal for their money.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a nice option if you need to stay over at DFW. For the price, it perhaps even deserves an excellent / 5-level rating. Rooms are reasonably spacious, have a modern design/look, and there is a nice little lobby with a Bistro. We will opt to stay here again if we need to overnight near DFW airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hello Joan H!

We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott DFW North/Irving. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The facility is very nice and up to Marriott standards. We got a room by the elevator and we might as well have just slept at the airport. Between the elevator, ice machine and hvac that sounded like a freight train in the room, sleep was not easy. We waited for well over an hour for the shuttle bus at the airport. When the driver finally got there, he made no apology, only excuses. That continued with the check-in when further dismay was expressed about the waitt for the shuttle. Very disappointing and not at all what we have ever been treated like at a Courtyard before.

• Stayed: March 2014
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear ShellyDeV,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback here. Firstly, I apologize for the areas that we fell below par, especially in the realm of guest service. We do pride ourselves in our ability to consistantly provide top-notch service. I assure you that your experience was indeed a rarity. I will address this issue with my staff and remind them that this is not how we treat our guests.

In terms of the room location. I implur you to reach out to the front desk when saying at any hotel, if the room location is not satisfactory. Most of the time we are able to accomodate a room transfer. That being said, I do undertsand that you most likely did not have the utmost confidence in our staff considering your first impression. I would also suggest that you ask for the manager's card in these situations. If you reach out directly, most managers will respond quickly and with a solution or compensation.

I hope we have another opportunity to serve you and show you what we are capable of. If you have any further concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great property, customer service and breakfast. Property is convienant to airport and other good restaurants / attractions in surrounding areas. Highly recommend in my opinion. The front desk personnel are exceptional.

Room Tip: Get a corner balcony if possible
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Mark M,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your positive feedback. I have passed your kind words along to my staff. We look forward to serving you again in the future but if there is anything we can do to assist you in the meantime, just let us know.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel is nice remodel, except if you want a good sleep , you have to turn off the fan on the ac unit. it sounds like a train running all night long. I stay in room 302, but I don't know how is noise in the other room. it does not has central air.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hi Winsir,

We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that you didn’t get a very good sleep due to the ac unit running all night. The ac unit shouldn’t be that loud so I thank you for providing the room number and I will have my Engineer check that one. Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we hope to see you again to give us a second chance.

Thank you!!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I stayed there yesterday because we were snowed in at the airport.
We got stranded after a flight cancellation, The drive home would have only been three hours but we couldn't even find a rental car. We went to the Expedia website and got a king size room for an affordable price. Our bags we're not retrievable at the airport and the front desk clerk loaded us up with disposables.

The hotel is in the midst of an extensive remodel. I could tell that we were one of the first to stay in the room. Everything was VERY clean. The décor is very nice. Even the carpet smelled new!

Downside: There is no place close to eat/drink in relation to the hotel. I ordered a bucket of domestic beers (it was on special 4 for $15). My husband on the other hand ordered a double scotch and it was over $20!

The sitting areas in the lobby are nice. The are situated well and gives you privacy while still having an open feeling to it.

We discovered this morning that we are stuck in Dallas for another day. The front desk staff said that they were full up but to check back at 11 to see if anyone had cancelled their reservations. When we checked back, she said that there were rooms available and the girl said to go to Expedia to reserve and we could get the room for the same price we paid last night ($95) I went to Expedia and they wanted ($224 for a room with 2 double beds!!) Way more than the $169 that you get charged through Marriott!! Unfortunately we were not quick enough to secure a room at this hotel again so we booked elsewhere.

When we went to check out we asked the staff about getting a taxi to the other hotel we are staying at now. The gentleman that drives the shuttle gave us a ride to our new room and it wasn't even another Marriott!!

Love to be treated like a person.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello Cenzenauer,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback! Everything we do is aimed towards making our guests' stay as comfortable and inviting as possible. We are glad you enjoyed your unexpected stay with us and we hope we have another opportunity to serve you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a standard Courtyard property except it is right in line with the Take Off runway, meaning your hearing a jet right over you every 60 seconds. They are going through a remodel right now as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HotelManager972, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Hi 2MMmiler,

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We are an airport property and airport noise is a continuing factor; however, we do our best to fulfill request for guest who are sensitive to ambient noise. These requests could include a low floor, or perhaps a Sleep Sound Therapy System, which helps you sleep and relax easier by using natural sounds to block out distracting noises. We really hope you have another opportunity to stay with us. Please be sure to let our front desk know about any specific needs you have during your stay.

Thank you!