“Excellent hotel”

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This Courtyard appears new, has a modern decoration, a nice lobby with nice seats and a pool. The room is spacious and the bed was comfortable. Close proximity to the airport (10 min. drive), the only downside I would say that there is nothing in the near vicinity of this hotel (just businesses).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very Nice Hotel, completely redone, super comfortable bed and feather pillows with patio next to pool. We were in the very near vicinity of DFW airport and never heard the planes inside the room or activity from the pool. The workout room had a nice assortment of exercise equipment which is well taken care of. The staff were very nice and check-in was fast. The outdoor TV Cabana and other seating made for a very comfortable laid-back visit. We would definitely stay her again because we were within 4 minutes of Grapevine Mills Mall.

Room Tip: We asked for the bottom floor so we could enjoy the beautiful weather on our personal patio and walk...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The entire property was clean. The suite has a bit of an odd configuration if you like to lay in bed to watch tv. The tv is located beside the bed (closer to the head rather than the feet). Our son wanted to buy a movie but we didn't see any option for that on this tv. They did have HBO & some HD channels.

The bathroom is more spacious than many properties we have been in lately. The pool is an indoor-outdoor one which is nice. They had the fire pit lit making it nice to sit outside and relax for a bit. The room also has a balcony that you can actually go out on with a pretty nice view. The balcony is pretty small however.

The most important thing to us is a comfortable bed with nice linens so this room fit the bill. If a complementary breakfast was included, this may have gotten 5 stars.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am always a fan of anything Marriott. The lobby area has been upgraded. But the hallway walk to the room didn't feel new and fresh. This said, arrived late evening, and then headed to the airport for a 6 am flight. Shuttle was right on time and got us to the terminal with time to spare.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Location seemed pretty off the beaten track and was a distance from the rental car return so don't think that because it's an "airport" hotel it's a quick 5 minute journey. It took a good 20 minutes and that was without traffic as it was crack of dawn flight. However hotel itself was good: friendly welcome, pleasant atmosphere around the bar area almost encouraged me to have a drink but with only 6 hours before I had to get up I took a pass. I was delighted to hear I'd been upgraded to a suite when I checked in, but on getting to the room my suite consisted of the usual bedroom plus a meeting room complete with boardroom table to seat 12 people. Not quite what I expected and not much use for a single traveller ! That being said the bedroom itself was fine, good decor, hair dryer, comfy bed, no noise from corridor, other rooms or external. All in all a quick but good stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi UKSarahAtlanta,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay for the most part while staying with us recently and decided to post your feedback here on this site.

Sorry to hear about the delays you experienced getting to the airport. DFW Airport is certainly more sprawling than most airports and this can make for a little bit of a longer commute than you would expect from an airport hotel. Many of our guests opt to return their cars the night before and have us bring them back to the hotel, as to save some time in the morning hours. Let the front desk know if you would like to take advantage of this the next time you are with us.

I am also sorry for the confusing room-type. Although that is technically an upgrade and most people do enjoy the extra space, it is always a good idea to let you know EXACTLY what type of suite you are being upgraded to. I will follow up with my staff and ensure that we get better at this.

Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Traveling on business, I had booked this hotel for a 6 night stay. I was familiar with this property as I had been there in October of 2013. But what a nice surprise to see all the rooms were renovated. They did a great job! As always, the front desk staff, Bistro and room service were all wonderful. Their level of service is way better than some other 5 star properties I had stayed at. Yes you need a car to get anywhere, but that was not an issue for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi Travelchick20,

We are so excited that you enjoyed the new rooms and that our staff has been taking such good care of you. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an exceptional and productive stay. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to having you back.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I'm jealous of the previous poster, because he was first to mention the plugs and charging ports in the renovated rooms. What a treat! And its what every hotel should be aspiring to .... There were at least 4 dual plug + USB panels throughout the room. One on each bedside table... I had just finished a 4 day motorcycle trip, and had at least 4 devices that needed charging. Kudos to this room design!

Bed was fluffy, fresh, clean and comfortable.

Staff service at this property was also very attentive. I just got the overall impression that these folks were on their game. From the front desk to the bistro, to the shuttle driver, I never felt neglected. Well done.

The only downside to this property is the location. If you do not have a vehicle, there are no other restaurants within walking distance, and you are in a commercial park. Not unpleasant, just a bit sanitized.

However, it really fit the bill for a quick overnight at DFW with a free shuttle service to the airport.

Paid just over 100$ usd, which for me was a great value. My company wasn't payin' for this one ....... ; )

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Roman D, Manager at Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Kottbullar,

Thank you so much for posting your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the increased functionanality of our new design. Those outlets are a hit! It was great to hear that you enjoyed our staff as well. I will be sure ti pass your kind words along. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Yours In Hospitality,

Roman D.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving? Share your experiences!