“Quality Customer Service”

Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Clifton Park NY
“Quality Customer Service”
Reviewed 28 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the CourtyardDFW Airport North/Irving several weeks ago on a stop over at DFW airport. We were impressed by the little extras. Candy in the rooms, staff friendliness, outstanding breakfast and assistance in making dinner reservations. We stay at many Marriott system hotels, but this Courtyard will always be remembered because the operation sets the standard that other Marriotts strive for. I expect outstanding customer service with the Marriott system but rarely stay at a hotel that achieves perfection. Our stay at this Courtyard hotel came the closest to perfection that we have enjoyed in some time. This was one the first hotels we have stayed in that leaves MORE than one regular and one decafe coffee in the room. Our room had two or three of each. GREAT TOUCH!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Miguel
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Like many others, I am no longer brand loyal, but this hotel was booked for a funeral gathering, and the staff could not have been more accommodating; because we were booking maybe 15 rooms, the hotel gave us a super price, and for that reason alone I would recommend them. Other than that, the room was the standard, old-style courtyard, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not included, but was well laid out and you could get eggs cooked to order. It is reasonably close to shopping and restaurants. We ended up spending 5 nights and were completely happy with the room, the service, and especially the staff. My only complaint would be tha the in-room wireless was weak and I frequently had to use the hotel's computers in the reception area - but I travel frequently, and this seems to be the rule, not the exception.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tste
Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We have stayed at Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North in Irving twice now because it has a terrific shuttle service to DFW -- great for both business and vacation travelers. Hotel is located in a business district which is about 10 minutes from DFW. Front desk was helpful, room was clean and comfortable, The second trip we got the breakfast buffet with our room reservation and it was by far one of the best hotel breakfasts we've seen in our travels, offering both hot breakfast items as well as more "continental breakast" choices. Too cool to use the pool, but that looked nice and clean. My parents from another city also made reservations for the night and we visited in the courtyard gazebo.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
gordopsu
Reviewed 11 March 2009

Acceptable for business but bloody expensive in today's economy. This is not a $179 hotel. Also, shuttle stops at 11:00pm which would have been nice to know as the taxis are $22 (min airport fee).

Personally I would look elsewhere first.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Indiana
Reviewed 27 February 2009

My friend and I were pleasantly surprised by this hotel since she booked it by mistake - thought she had booked the DFW south location. The hotel was very clean, beds and pillows were comfy, staff was friendly. Since this is in a business park the weekend was very quiet but getting to dining spots and other attractions required a car.

The breakfast buffet was a good value and had a lot of variety. However, there is no restaurant at this location. There is another high rise Marriott a few miles away and the shuttle will deliver you there if you want a close by restaurant.

The free shuttle to the airport was appreciated since my flight left hours earlier than my friend's flight. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2009

My company’s travel agency found this property for me, and I was pleasantly surprised. I flew into DFW on Wednesday, and out again on Thursday morning. This Courtyard offers a free airport shuttle. I called the hotel and within ten minutes the driver arrived. I would guess this property is less than a 10 minute direct drive from DFW.
Ironically, I stayed in this hotel about 10 years ago, but didn't realize it until pulling in the drive. Over that time this property has maintained its composure.
The check in was a breeze. The staff was there to serve with professionalism, and all were friendly. My room was comfortable and clean with excellent soap and shampoo provided in the room.
At first I was not happy there wasn't a restaurant within walking distance. There is an on property restaurant. I, hesitantly, ate there, and was most impressed. The menu selection was broad and the food was very, satisfying. I got the salmon with asparagus. It was really good.
I would definitely stay here again. There is also a nice exercise room.

• Liked — Free shuttle and clean with good service.
  • Disliked — Not walking distance to anything.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I spent one night at the Courtyard adjacent to DFW. The hotel and the area were nice. The front desk was pleasant and efficient. The breakfast (not free) was decent. However, the walls between the rooms were paper thin. I didn't hear the airplanes from the airport, but rather the family staying next door. You could hear every word they were saying.

I would not recommend this Courtyard to anyone that likes a quiet room.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites

Been to Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving? Share your experiences!