“Horrible Experience”

Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Maybe they had an off weekend, but I will not go back soon. We have had good experiences here in the past but Memorial Day 2014 was awful. Clueless staff. Kids running wild and splashing adults who were trying to relax at the resort pool (there is a family pool). Virtually no service at the pool (it took an hour to get a drink). Rooms overpriced considering they are in need of updating. This used to be a very nice property, but it has fallen several notches. From my perspective they have cut back on staff and it shows.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor overlooking the golf course; rooms with a south/west view overlook the back o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan C

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I know why the Four Seasons is such a popular property - the customer service! I just spent a weekend there for a Graduation celebration from high school with my daughter. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us. There was a welcome plate of cookies and chocolate covered strawberries in our room that said, "Congratulations!" We had a delicious dinner in the Cafe on the Green. It was so much fun to lay out by the pool and listen to the great DJ. Service by the pool was great. Friendly, attentive and very determined to please.

I would like to highlight the following employees that went above and beyond in their service. First, Stephanie, the security guard. She is so nice and friendly. We wanted to walk across the street to the grocery store and she gave us a back way that was quicker and then made sure we had a ride back to our villa. She was awesome and so funny! Second is Missy who waited on us at the Spa Pool on Sunday. We asked her for some headphones so we could listen to music. She went inside the spa to look and when she did not find any headphones there she didn't stop. She looked at the workout room and then went to the gift shop and got two packages for us. Wow! What service! I would definitely go again - hopefully soon. Wish you all could train other wait staff - you sure know what you are doing in the area of service!!!!

Room Tip: Villas in Building 5/6 have a gorgeous view of the golf course. Upstairs is best view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Staycation2014
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Staycation2014,
It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend making memories with your daughter. We could not be more honored that you chose us to be your home base for the graduation celebration. Thank you so much for the kind words, and ESPECIALLY for recognizing some of the employees that made an impression on you. You mentioned that you'll hopefully be coming back soon...we hope so to. Let us know how we can assist you with your stay. It is our pleasure!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel yearly for 10 years and it just keeps getting better. The hotel is 15 minutes from DFW airport which makes it convenient for travel from all over the United States. The meeting facilities are excellent and the staff is attentive. Food is first rate as are all of the ancillary facilities. When not attending meetings there is an excellent SPA, health cub, lap pool, and golf course. Something to make everyone happy and at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a Villa or a room with a golf course view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear dhncire,
First of all, thank you so much for your loyalty over the last 10 years. It was great to read that in your review. We appreciate your kind recommendations for all of our leisure activities available when a guest is not here for business. There is so much to do! We're glad you felt at home here, because that is our main goal. This IS your home away from home! Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Have a great weekend,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for business, staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Rooms were lovely and the bar/restaurant was a fun place to watch Monday night football. The hotel is a bit tucked away in a residential area if you are staying for business, but is generally convenient to the highways, parking is a bit confusing and may be more so when the golf resort is open, as I was here I the winter. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear gwenni8,
Thank you so much for your kind review and for the recommendation of our Resort. We truly value your feedback about the parking, and will review with management. I am so happy that you had an enjoyable experience during your business trip. Please let us know if your plans bring you back to Dallas again in the future. We'll be happy to help you in any way we can.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

First class property with world class service! You guys are the best!! From initial check-in, to room service, pool side service, health club and spa facilities, quality of food- it doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed: May 2014
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Colclasure,
Wow, what an exceptional review you gave us! Thank you so much for the kind words. To be described as a "first class property with world class service" is music to our ears as it is what drives us to be the best we can be. We are so glad that the service our staff provided you left an impression. We hope to welcome you back soon. Please let us know if we can do anything to assist with your next stay!

Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Booked an 80 minute massage and spent the afternoon at the spa - steam room, sauna, jacuzzi are all lovely. Treatment rooms are very nice. My therapist wasn't good - worst is that 50 minutes into the massage she said we were done. I reminded her I had an 80 minute massage, but she said yep, that's what you got. Once I was robed and ready to go out in the hall, she came back in and said that she "got the time wrong" and asked me to get back on the table - no apology. Very weird. Anyhow, mentioned it to the front desk and they offered to charge me for a 50 minute massage.
Had lunch at the Cafe on the Green to finish up the afternoon and it was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Argyletraveler339
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the resort in February 2014 for business (alone). The room was very clean and they offered turn down services as well as morning cleaning. The room was standard but had a very nice oversized tub and plenty of soaps / shampoos provided. Had a good view as well. Their room service was very expensive; however, their meals were amazing!! TIP: try the bread pudding-seriously the best I ever had!! Delicious!! The work out facility was amazing! This was by far the best work out facility I have seen in a hotel. They even offered apples, oranges and drinks for free at the counter. All the workers were extremely attentive and the front desk accomdated my early check in without having to pay extra. All in all, a very peaceful and nice stay while on my business trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear TravelbugMissouri,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay back in February. I'm so glad you loved the bread pudding - it's my favorite too! I have passed along your kinds words to our pastry team. And what wonderful comments you made about our fitness center. Hearing that it is "the best work out facility I have ever seen in a hotel," is music to our ears. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Please let me know if I can assist you with a future stay.

vail.tolbert@fourseasons.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Oak Lawn
The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Oak Lawn
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Hotel ZaZa Dallas
#2 of 206 in Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#1 of 206 in Dallas

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!