“Sumptous Staycation - didn't feel like I was in Dallas.”

Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Dallas, TX
“Sumptous Staycation - didn't feel like I was in Dallas.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was feeling burned out and needed a little family getaway, so we splurged on a 3 day - 2 night stay here. When I made the reservations, they asked for the names and ages of our children.
When we checked in, there were toys and a little playarea for my little ones. The recieptionist (without batting an eye) offered us an upgrade to a room that was $650/night - I politely declined.

We took a golf course ride to our villa, and found a room about the size of our first apartment. There were milk and cookies waiting for the kids, as well as toddler sized bathrobes (there were robes for the adults). The deep tub was a big hit was the kids - bubble baths both nights!

There is a family pool with a good sized beach which was only 3.5 ft at its deepest - perfect for little ones who aren't super strong swimmers. We skipped the poolside movie night on the Friday, but on Saturday they had some poolside games that were fun. We even had lunch poolside which was awesome.

The goal of the weekend was to do a lot of nothing and to not worry about the cost. So we treated ourselves and ate every meal there. The total cost for everything, while high was not so outrageous that I would definitely do another in-town getaway there. It doesn't even feel like you're 30 minutes away from downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: The golf course villas are furthest from the family pool and super quiet. But you will have to do s...
1 Thank LTtravels2003
FourSeasonsDallas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear LTtravels2003,
It was an honor to read your recent review of our property, especially coming from such an avid traveler. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. A local staycation is a great option when you don't want to bother with the hassle of flying somewhere. It seems like your staycation went superbly, and for that we are happy to hear. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write this review. Thanks for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Dallas and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next staycation getaway!

Warmest regards,
vail.tolbert@fourseasons.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Coppell
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have come here often over 10 years for a staycation, my husband plays golf, I go to the spa and pool. This was one of our best vacations! Every single staff member was smiling, helpful, and provided excellent service. This is extraordinary as the hotel was completely booked and the pool was overflowing. From the room service to the pool service, over four days, all the food was excellent, and drinks great. There were two nights of fireworks, the City of Irving and the Four Seasons. Really a fun vacation!

Room Tip: A high floor is always great and on the 9th floor the fireworks were fantastic (anything over 3rd fl...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth H,
Loved reading the review of your recent stay over July 4th weekend! It was definitely super busy at the Resort, so I am excited to know that you had great service. Thank you so much for your loyalty and choosing us for your staycation getaway. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We are currently staying at the resort. Love the grounds, lobby, bars, great pool, fantastic service, great drinks. Like the breakfast room , the breakfast buffet is nice, not extraordinary and maybe a bit disappointing for a Four Seasons: great selection of fruits, limited bread choice, limited yogurts, awesome fresh customized eggs. We got upgraded to a room with a view of the golf course so can only speak about them: found them very spacious, so is the bathroom and the shower is simply excellent. So why only 4/5? First, the pool is great, but a bit small for the size of the resort. It is lacking an adult-only section for it to be awesome. I know it is 4th of July weekend, but today was awfully busy and the pool was really overcrowded. Secondly, the pool lunch menu is very limited and my Caesar salad while not bad, was not Four Saesons worthy. Finally, and what really cost the missing 4/5 is the smoking policy. None of the outside grounds are smoke free. I personally don't mind a few cigarettes a few meters away but cigars by the pool? Come on!
And yes, the wood shutters in the room do let a lot of light in, I personally don't mind but can understand light-sensitive folks will wake up early....

Room Tip: The golf view rooms are slightly more expensive it seems but very nice view so really worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I reside here in Dallas so we decided to have a little staycation at the hotel where we had an incredible dinner with friends, slept wonderfully in our bed, and then finished with a great day of golf & spa. It was relaxing as it always is whatever four seasons you decide to stay in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jpurser79,
Thank you so much for choosing Four Seasons Dallas for your relaxing staycation! There is no better way to relax than indulging in a little spa and golf. We appreciate your feedback and kind words! Please let us know how we can help you with your next getaway!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I will start with the positives
1) Very Clean
2) High quality bed and bath linens, towels, robes and bath products
3) Wonderful gym
4) Amazing bar drinks
5) Beautiful decor

The negatives far outweigh the positives, at least they did on this particular visit.
1) The pool is too small for the size of the hotel. It was VERY crowded, not the pool itself but finding an open chair was very difficult
2) The bed was way too soft
3) Our tub wouldn't drain the first night and we notified them and it was "fixed" but the fix was that it wouldn't hold water after the fix
4) When I checked in I was waiting in line and when I was to be the next person helped a lady came up and stood beside me, not behind me. When the next person to be helped was called, it was the lady standing next to me. Never mind me, I've only been waiting ten minutes. An employee behind the counter saw this happen and she looked at me and mouthed the words "I'm sorry". That made me feel sooooo much better. Not.
5) When I finally got to check in I was told my name was not on the reservation, just my husbands so they wouldn't let me check in. Cool. I just drove 4 hours and his plane doesn't get in for 4 more hours. I'll just drive around some more. I emailed my hubby (who was on a plane) and told him the situation. He emailed the hotel from their website requesting I be added to the reservation and left my number so they could call me. However, he got a BOUNCE BACK notification that the person the email went to was on vacation or not available. REALLY? The best part is the day after we checked out a man called me to tell me that he got an email from my husband to add me to the reservation, but he couldn't do it because "the reservation has been cancelled". No kidding. I told him "maybe the reservation was cancelled because we have CHECKED OUT of the hotel". How does that happen? It's almost funny....but it's not.
6) I found something in the parking lot and when I went to turn it in, the lady at the front desk practically snatched it out of my hands. She didn't ask my name, room number, phone number, where I found it or ANYTHING. It was something potentially of value, not an umbrella or pen. It bothered me so much that I went back to the desk later to express my concern. This hotel employee called security and informed me that the item was logged in and turned in but still I wasn't asked for my information so I offered her my information, which she let me write on a piece of hotel paper. No official form???? Really? I told her that I was shocked at the way this was handled and that I wished I would've kept the item and left my name and number with them so if a person inquired about the item, they could call me.
7) The patio portion of the bar and all around the pool had so many people smoking, and me being asthmatic it ruined it for me. I realize people can smoke outdoors but maybe the hotel should re-consider their smoking policy.
8) My husband and I tried to play shuffle board but it is right next to the pool table and after we started our game, SEVEN men started playing pool and they kept bumping into us and practically poking us with their pool sticks.
9) The fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night on our second night. Once at 2:30am and again at 3:30am. Not just an alarm but an alarm and recorded voice telling us there was a fire and to evacuate immediately. We were on the 8th floor. So we had to go down all those stairs TWICE and both times we evacuated we did not see even ONE hotel employee. Not in the hall, the stairwell, the exit point, or anywhere. This is of grave concern. We later found out that someone had pulled the alarm, which was no surprise as the hotel was filled with young intoxicated people the entire time we were there. The hotel cannot control a person pulling the fire lever, but the way in which the evacuation was handled was very poor and after the second alarm went off, it was evident that the staff couldn't figure out how to turn it completely off because it kept going off after that and announcing that we were safe and didn't need to evacuate again.
10) Lastly, there were people in the pool in the middle of the night laughing and talking REALLY loud, so much so that we could hear them in our room on the 8th floor with the balcony door closed! It went on for 30 - 45 minutes before we finally called and complained. Are the grounds not patrolled at night?

We travel often, all over the world. We have stayed at many fine hotels. We have stayed at the Four Seasons before, although this was our first visit to this one in DFW. We have never complained to a hotel manager about anything. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe our feelings. I realize that things go wrong. If one or two things were off, I wouldn't have dismissed it, but as you can see, so many things went wrong. When we were checking out we had the opportunity to speak to an assistant manger, and while she was very kind and listened to our concerns, it was just a conversation. She acknowledged our issues and offered to be our "point of contact if we come back", whatever that means. She gave us her card and sent a follow up email the next day. I don't know what I was expecting. This hotel needs to educate their employees on policies and procedures at a minimum. They also need to train the staff in how to treat their customers. Some girls at the front desk were flippant and seemed to only extend respect to the guests with the most plastic surgery and the biggest Louis Vuitton handbags.

Nothing like going to the Four Seasons to have a relaxing weekend and leaving more exhausted than when you arrived.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladybugdownsouth
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been to this Four Seasons before and loved every minute of it. Went back this past weekend for a girls trip with my daughters and I was really looking forward to it. I had just stayed at the Ritz Carlton Four Seasons in Chicago last weekend and I couldn't believe my luck to be able to experience two of their properties in a row.

If you've ever stayed at a Four Seasons before, you know the feeling. Those beds! The mattresses, the linens. Looking forward to a great night's sleep and sleeping in the next morning.

Not going to happen at this Four Seasons any more if you enjoy the dark bedrooms that you expect at any hotel anywhere. Blackout drapes make staying in a hotel a reason to look forward to sleeping well.

They have replaced all draperies with Plantation Shutters. If you have them you know. They do a good job of blocking light but not a great job. Light leaks in between every slat and around the sides. And in a hotel you expect total blackout. Needless to say, we were up with the sun.

Other than that (and for a lot of people that's huge) it was great. We spent the day at the pool, had massages, ate a great meal at Café on the Green. I was very disappointed in my massage therapist, but thats another story. Over all, the spa is spectacular.

So overall, it was great weekend. My husband and I were going to visit again in September for a golf weekend. But now we are rethinking. For the money, its just not the total experience we want to pay for.

Louisiana
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved the resort. The restaurant was great as were the pools. I only wish there were more to do for kids when raining. Our daughter loved the family pool and small beach and the pool service was great. The food at Cafe on the Green was creative and fun.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hilton Anatole
Downtown Fort Worth
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
#5 of 113 in Fort Worth

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!