“Extended Stay Deluxe - Irving - No Deluxe about it!”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.
Ranked #53 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 19 March 2013

As you can see by the pictures that I attached that the room was the pits!
The only good thing about the room was that the bed was clean. The rest of the room needs to be torn out and redone. It should never have been rented it out like that.
The furniture was worn out. The cabinets were dirty and scratched up. The tub was rust stained and needed grouting. It was just nasty.
The staff were great and very helpful, especially the front desk person Celia and the van driver.
I went to the hotel's site and emailed them about it and told them that I had pictures if they wanted them. I never heard back from them.
The only reason that I i didn't give them a worse rating was because of their helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ESDHART S S
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay here with us was an unpleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you mention in your review. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DCO@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I arrived in town for an extended business trip. This hotel had been recommended for it's low price and convenient location. I work long hours and did not require much from a hotel, but the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was a little run down, but the layout was very nice and the cleaning staff did a great job. This hotel is near many restaurants, a gym, several drugstores, and public transit. I look forward to staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the road have the morning sun, which helps me since I'm not a good morning r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff did an excellent job. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

A downtown late night reception had me looking for a last minute place to stay. the extended stay style is bigger rooms yet simpler designs and older amenities, however for safety, security and low price its a great deal in Irving

Room Tip: first floor was very quiet... good neighborhood
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear the hotel had everything you needed and the staff made you feel at home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I moved here on January 1, 2011 for a new job and needed a place to stay while family stayed in St. Louis so my son could finish his senior year in high school. I was looking for an economical situation since I needed to be here for 12 - 18 months. Extended Stay Deluxe offered one of the best rates in the area along with some nice amenities. The pool area was refurbished at the beginning of the summer of 2012 and areas of the hotel have been updated. I am in a King room (which is basicallly 2 rooms with a wall removed). It has plenty of room and includes a flat screen TV, pull-out sofa, and a leather recliner. It has a nice kitchen with a full size refrigerator, 2-burner stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. Everything you need for an extended stay.

It is difficult to be away from your family for extended periods of time and anything that makes you feel welcome makes you feel at home. Most of the staff here are friendly enough but there are 2 people, Celia at the front desk and Gary in Maintenance, who take it upon themselves to get to know you not only as a guest but go out of their way to be sure that you feel at home. They take the time to ask how things are going in general as well as checking on how the hotel and your room are meeting your needs. I have never had a problem getting an issue resolved with Celia and Gary.

I would definitely recommend this property for any length of stay. No place is perfect but it is how you react to situations that make all the difference. They definitely try to accomodate your needs and Celia and Gary will take good care of you!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff has taken good care of you. As a company providing a home away from home experience to our guests is our main objective. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us; we will be sure to pass along your comments to Gary and Celia.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I was trapped in Las Colinas on business and I stayed at the hotel. During my stay I was always greeted by the staff. They were very friendly and made my stay as comfortable as possible. The coffee bar was running Monday through Friday. The coffee was always fresh and of Starbucks quality. When I want to stay somewhere I would definitely go to Extended Stay.

Room Tip: The rooms in the first building have a great view of the pool area
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that the staff was successful in making you feel so welcomed. They have a goal of providing every guest with a home away from home experience; its great to hear they accomplished that goal. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here for 1 week and the stay was pretty good.
The rooms have kitchen attached so we had no problem with cooking. Though never had the breakfast they provided. They have shuttle service to office as well as bi-weekly shuttle service to Walmart. So, it's not difficult to communicate to office or Walmart when you are new to his place.
Only problem was with wifi. The connection is really slow even when you upgrade the plan.
Washer dryer is on the 1st floor. So it's not a problem for laundry. Housekeeping service is good.
Overall, stay was good minus the wifi.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I got a great deal on this room and it is in a good area of dallas subburbs. The room was clean and large with a small kitchen and a couch for lounging also a desk and chair. My air was not working so the first night was not as great as I would have liked but Hector the maintanance guy was there the next day with a new unit when all I asked for was a fan and he switched it out and the second night was great! the location is really good if you are going to DFW they have a shuttle and it is in a quiet area no real traffic noise but very close to shops and restaurants. All in all I would highly rate this hotel and I will stay there agian.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.