Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.
Ranked #55 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Good hotel for the money. Property is from the 80's and other than a flat screen TV everything is mostly original. Fortunately the price is also for the 80's, $29 per night on a Priceline "mystery bid".

Lots of space with a kitchenette and 2 beds, also a semi-separate living area. More like a studio apartment than a hotel room. Not your typical full service hotel, it's setup as a week to week rental. Staff is excellent, gave us a free upgrade since Priceline dropped the ball on the 2 beds thing. 4 people in one bed simply wasn't gonna work. Bed quality reflected the $29/night price tag. Breakfast is "grab and go" which is coffee, apples, and oatmeal bars. Basically coffee and snacks before you start your day.

Room Tip: Great for people traveling on a tight budget, spend more $$$ if you are looking for a full service h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found a great rate and were greeted by our friendly staff. As you mentioned, we aren't your typical full service hotel. We try to offer you the conveniences of home, whether staying for a night or a month. Our "Grab and Go" style breakfast gives you a little something to start your day. I'm sorry to hear that the bed wasn't comfortable to you. It is our desire to make sure you have a comfortable stay with us.

Please contact me at dco@extendedstay.com should you wish to discuss your stay. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hotel Location - Did not matter much to me as Hotel provided a shuttle to my office
Staff - Extremely helpful staff with ready to help gesture
Rooms - Rooms need bit of attention as some rooms had scratched bath tubs however other than that I did not feel much of an issue
Breakfast - Not many options but manageable
I think overall it was good

Room Tip: I preferred staying in first building for proximity to breakfast location and front desk. I think ov...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for being extremely helpful to you during your stay. I noticed your comment about the bathtub an room condition. We are in the process of resurfacing our bathtubs throughout the hotel, and will make sure you get in one of these updated rooms on your next stay.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We liked the place since it was convenient to the airport, local shopping, and in a nice quiet part of Dallas. This was a stopping point on our road trip to San Antonio. If we had known about the surrounding neighborhood, shops, and restaurants, then we might have planned our trip differently. The hotel is under renovation but was still a nice hotel for our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you found the area to be convenient and quiet for your trip to Dallas. After a long road trip, it's nice to know you can find a relaxing and quiet hotel.

Thank your for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Nice location, awful rooms!

They didn't respect the non-smoking request for one of our 2 rooms. Room was smelly awful, mix with cigarette and deodorant.

Room dirty, old and small.

Guests scary.

Cancelled our stay, went to other hotel.

Room Tip: Go to other hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mimitours360
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our location was ideal for your stay; however, I am sorry to hear that we didn't accommodate your room request and that the cleanliness of the room did not meet your expectations. As our hotel manager, I can assure you that I have addressed this review of our property with my team. In the future, we will be more proactive and diligent in making sure that guest receive their requested room types and that rooms are thoroughly inspected before check-in.

I would love to discuss this review with you further. Please contact me at dco@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Don't get me wrong. This hotel was clean and there were plenty of towels and the complementary stuff they always provide in the room but the bed was terrible. I mean I think we would've been better off sleeping on the floor. Everytime you rolled over the mattress sounded like we were laying on a piece of plastic and made this terrible noise that woke the other person up. It was like sleeping on a pile of rocks covered in plastic. The hotel also smelled like curry. I think it must have been from whoever was cooking. The breakfast is also come and go which means granola and muffins so nothing fancy so we skipped what was supposed breakfast. If you care about your bed and breakfast then this is not the place for you but if you just want a place that's clean to rest your head then it may suffice..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cissili s
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I chose this long stay motel because of its proximity to my meetings. I was here for 4 days and found the room was well equipped with a small kitchette, desk work area and chair. The wifi was strong enough to allow my laptop to do what it needed to do.

There were some cleaniness issues - see photos: the lounge chair was stained and the work chairs had dust and "crumbs" on them. The bathroom area had carpet wear and the sink cabinet was a bit worn out. The bathroom had cracked tiles and next to the toilet was an old pee stained (yuck!) None of these are deal breakers, but I don't think I've seen all of these in one single room before.

What I did like was the DVD player in the room. But where to get a DVD I'm not sure? Other hotels have had a library to borrow from. Not this one.

My light in my room above the desk went out on day 2. Although I reported it twice nothing was sorted out. I'm not sure what happens to such requests. When I arrived at my room there were no coat hangers, but I got some from the front desk.

My colleague paid a similar rate at a 4-star hotel the airport. If you don't mind driving the extra distance and want the hotel experience you might want to consider that.

Food: The included breakfast was very poor. It was a coffee station in the lobby. There was packet oatmeal, some apples, coffee, some snack bars.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The cleanliness of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having additional training with my team. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dco@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

As you can see by the pictures that I attached that the room was the pits!
The only good thing about the room was that the bed was clean. The rest of the room needs to be torn out and redone. It should never have been rented it out like that.
The furniture was worn out. The cabinets were dirty and scratched up. The tub was rust stained and needed grouting. It was just nasty.
The staff were great and very helpful, especially the front desk person Celia and the van driver.
I went to the hotel's site and emailed them about it and told them that I had pictures if they wanted them. I never heard back from them.
The only reason that I i didn't give them a worse rating was because of their helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ESDHARTSS
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay here with us was an unpleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you mention in your review. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DCO@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.