“Los Colinas 2 star Extended Stay a Pleasant Surprise!”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr.
Ranked #51 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Los Colinas 2 star Extended Stay a Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Wow! I must admit I rarely, if ever, book a 2 star hotel but since I was on a budget and in a great area of Dallas, I took my chances and let priceline pick my 2 star for me. I was so pleased with Extended Stay America Studio in Los Colinas and the final price was $41.50! Comfy queen size bed and all the perks of a studio with kitchen. I will be back. This is
too good to pass up.

Room Tip: My room was 220 and very quiet
Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank jdiamond2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt that the bed was comfortable. We are a great value and do strive to make sure each guest has a pleasant and comfortable stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is the worst place. Very rude management, No proper Maintenance & House keeping. For some reason I got to stay there for almost 3 weeks and it was horrible experience ( Swipe cards doesn't work properly and every time you need to get to front desk to get them working, Poor House Keeping, Heater doesn't work properly, windows wont open properly, TV doesn't work, damaged furniture, etc...). They say Breakfast complimentary but hardly anything available! I realized later that I had to compromise a lot and in fact for everything. Would have gone to a better place for just couple of bucks extra! Though the rates are affordable but it costs you lot of energy for every expected service and indeed peace of mind!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Thomas M
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Good hotel for the money. Property is from the 80's and other than a flat screen TV everything is mostly original. Fortunately the price is also for the 80's, $29 per night on a Priceline "mystery bid".

Lots of space with a kitchenette and 2 beds, also a semi-separate living area. More like a studio apartment than a hotel room. Not your typical full service hotel, it's setup as a week to week rental. Staff is excellent, gave us a free upgrade since Priceline dropped the ball on the 2 beds thing. 4 people in one bed simply wasn't gonna work. Bed quality reflected the $29/night price tag. Breakfast is "grab and go" which is coffee, apples, and oatmeal bars. Basically coffee and snacks before you start your day.

Room Tip: Great for people traveling on a tight budget, spend more $$$ if you are looking for a full service h...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, 24 October 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found a great rate and were greeted by our friendly staff. As you mentioned, we aren't your typical full service hotel. We try to offer you the conveniences of home, whether staying for a night or a month. Our "Grab and Go" style breakfast gives you a little something to start your day. I'm sorry to hear that the bed wasn't comfortable to you. It is our desire to make sure you have a comfortable stay with us.

Please contact me at dco@extendedstay.com should you wish to discuss your stay. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
London
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hotel Location - Did not matter much to me as Hotel provided a shuttle to my office
Staff - Extremely helpful staff with ready to help gesture
Rooms - Rooms need bit of attention as some rooms had scratched bath tubs however other than that I did not feel much of an issue
Breakfast - Not many options but manageable
I think overall it was good

Room Tip: I preferred staying in first building for proximity to breakfast location and front desk. I think ov...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, 8 October 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for being extremely helpful to you during your stay. I noticed your comment about the bathtub an room condition. We are in the process of resurfacing our bathtubs throughout the hotel, and will make sure you get in one of these updated rooms on your next stay.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We liked the place since it was convenient to the airport, local shopping, and in a nice quiet part of Dallas. This was a stopping point on our road trip to San Antonio. If we had known about the surrounding neighborhood, shops, and restaurants, then we might have planned our trip differently. The hotel is under renovation but was still a nice hotel for our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you found the area to be convenient and quiet for your trip to Dallas. After a long road trip, it's nice to know you can find a relaxing and quiet hotel.

Thank your for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Nice location, awful rooms!

They didn't respect the non-smoking request for one of our 2 rooms. Room was smelly awful, mix with cigarette and deodorant.

Room dirty, old and small.

Guests scary.

Cancelled our stay, went to other hotel.

Room Tip: Go to other hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mimitours360
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Green Park Dr., responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our location was ideal for your stay; however, I am sorry to hear that we didn't accommodate your room request and that the cleanliness of the room did not meet your expectations. As our hotel manager, I can assure you that I have addressed this review of our property with my team. In the future, we will be more proactive and diligent in making sure that guest receive their requested room types and that rooms are thoroughly inspected before check-in.

I would love to discuss this review with you further. Please contact me at dco@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Don't get me wrong. This hotel was clean and there were plenty of towels and the complementary stuff they always provide in the room but the bed was terrible. I mean I think we would've been better off sleeping on the floor. Everytime you rolled over the mattress sounded like we were laying on a piece of plastic and made this terrible noise that woke the other person up. It was like sleeping on a pile of rocks covered in plastic. The hotel also smelled like curry. I think it must have been from whoever was cooking. The breakfast is also come and go which means granola and muffins so nothing fancy so we skipped what was supposed breakfast. If you care about your bed and breakfast then this is not the place for you but if you just want a place that's clean to rest your head then it may suffice..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple