“very clean and staff was great. Food was very good. Some...”

Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Irving
“very clean and staff was great. Food was very good. Some...”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

very clean and staff was great. Food was very good. Some guests were very loud for a short time but I did not report that. Overall very good experience and I will stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Nancy T, Guest Services at Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Leland S.

WOW! Thanks for such a wonderful review. We are very excited to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please be assured that we have passed along your review for all of our staff to read.

Thanks!

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 June 2014

While the staff at this hotel was super friendly, my particular room needed a lot of work (I was there for a week plus in a 3rd floor room) . The first thing I noted walking in; the smell of mildew. I actually purchased air freshener to help combat that, but that didn't help. Second, was the ginormous crack in the shower stall. I'm frankly shocked they would even allow this. While it didn't effect the shower, it's a horrible eye sore. Sleep quality was below average as house keeping started banging on doors at 8am. I stayed at this same hotel 2 yrs earlier and it wasn't this run down and my room was 10 times better. Check out the pix below of the peeling paint, mirror and shower. I don't know how this hotel achieved a 2013 Trip Advisor award for hotel of the year, but WOW.

Room Tip: Great location to all the activities in the Irving/Las Colinas area.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
FirebrandFire,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We always encourage guest to provide us with their opinions, specially our returning guest, such as your self, so we can better our services. I am sorry that you encountered so many issues through out your stay, including the room not being up to par. I have taken it upon myself to pass your review to management and making sure that with our up coming renovations these will not be an issue. We hope that on your next trip to Dallas you will provide us the opportunity to host your stay and make your trip a unique experience. Again thank you for your feedback.

Valatie, New York, Usa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great rate and a nice place to stay for our early flight out of Love in the morning. Room was clean and quiet, staff were all pleasant and welcoming. Would stay again if in the Dallas area. there were restaurants nearby and easy access to Hwy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a nice visit in Dallas recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at Wingate Las Colinas! I will make sure all of our staff is commended for providing superb service to you during your stay.

We hope to see you back soon!

Irving
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Overall, the majority of the room was clean. The bathroom could use some work - bottom of bathroom door was swollen from water damage and appeared to have significant mold on the bottom. Pieces of the door would fall off leaving rotting wood/mold chunks on the bathroom floor. Water pressure in the shower was pathetic - actually took much longer than normal to shower as the water pressure was hardly strong enough to rinse soap (probably used much more water than if you didn't regulate the water pressure). Shower head was too low - I am 6'2" and literally had to duck the entire time. I

f I wasn't required to stay at this hotel (company requirement) I would definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Nancy T, Guest Services at Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us with your review. We are always thankful to our guest for being honest and giving us the opportunity to better our services through their feedback. I would like to apologize that you found so many issues with you bathroom and would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Please be assured that with our upcoming renovations all issues with bathrooms will be fixed. Once again thank you and we hope that when renovations are over you will give us the opportunity to prove to you that we always put our guest first.