“Dallas Business Trip-Jul 30-Aug 3 2014”

Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Nancy T, Guest Services at Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is pretty ordinary. I do not understand all of the great reviews. We booked a 2 night weekend stay through Hotwire and received a good rate. The room was clean and seemed pretty updated. The bathroom was not updated and needed work. The bathtub was very worn and the artwork was dated and warped inside the frame. The hallways were dark and dated also. The breakfast was better than the standard continental breakfast I've had at similarly priced airport hotels. Also, we stayed for 2 nights. The first morning we left and when we returned at 1pm we noticed the room was not serviced. We checked again at 3 and still nothing. We eventually had to address it with the front desk. The next day we were checking out and wanted to stay in the room until the 11am check out time. Unsurprisingly, housekeeping knocked on the door at 10:58am. None of these things were horrible they did not ruin our stay, however nothing was spectacular and we will be staying elsewhere during our next stay in Dallas.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate and review our property. We are always delighted to read all of our guests comments. We do apologize that you did not find our guest bathrooms to be up to par; but I am very excited to share that in the following weeks all of our guest bathrooms will be renovated as will as public areas. We hope that when our renovations are completed you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay and provide you with the best services.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I will definitely come back to this hotel. All of the staff is extremely attentive, including James as the shuttle driver and William at the front desk. The hotel was very clean, the wifi had very good speed, the rooms were large, the breakfast was good. The shuttle service was really exceptional and made the entire stay very easy. We got picked up at the airport and every day took it to the office we were working from. Very convenient. There is no restaurant onsite, but 10 minutes away we had a selection of fast food and sit down restaurants.
Overall I would return to this hotel if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

We appreciate that you took the time out of your schedule to tell us about your stay. Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our nice staff, and comfortable rooms. We hope that in the future, when you are back in the area, you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This wingate is a great hotel! The staff is really friendly and go out of their way help in any way. The ac works great and goes down to aleast 60!!! The hotel is very clean and has a decent breakfast!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Nancy T, Guest Services at Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Joe308,

We appreciate that you took the time out of your schedule to tell us about your stay. Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our nice staff, comfortable rooms and ac units. We hope that in the future, when you are back in the area, you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay.

Thank you!

Nancy T.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This Wingate Las Colinas hotel was one of the BEST (if not the BEST!) hotel stays that I have EVER experienced! The staff was extremely helpful, friendly, and eager to please! I stay in a lot of hotels for my consulting business and this is a GREAT place to stay and get well needed rest for business or pleasure! The hot breakfast in the morning and wine happy hour with snacks in the afternoon are all a super "plus" as well. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. Keep up the fantastic job! I will be staying there again and telling my friends! :)

Room Tip: Any rooms are quiet, clean, and comfortable. This hotel isn't close to any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nikki B.,

WOW! Thank you for such an amazing review. We appreciate that our guest take the time to let us know about their stay. Here at Wingate Las Colinas we like to make sure that guest feel at home, whether they are staying just one night or staying with us a full month. Pleasing our guest is what we are here for and assuring you all that you will wake up refreshed and ready to start a new day. Again thank you Nikki, and we hope to see you back soon.

Nancy T.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My experience was awesome!!! The staff was very nice and very helpful. I stayed on the third floor and it was quiet. Granted, the breakfast was not top of the line but it was included and convenient. I was told that renovations on bathrooms would begin the following week. Our room was cleaned daily as if it were our first day there. Nice!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor. I had a great experience.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nancy T, Guest Services at Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We appreciate you sharing your amazing experience with the TripAdvisor community! It is nice to know that you found our third floor bedrooms to be clean and quiet. . We would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding this and we will be passing your comments along to our team. We wish you the warmest hospitality and hope you will return to us on your next visit. Safe travels!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I wanted to love the Wingate. I really did.

The huge room with its free wifi, fridge, microwave and its excellent location — I just knew I was going to be hooked by its charms as I have been so many times before. The friendly staff made it so tempting.

I'm sorry to say I was disappointed over and over again.

I can forgive the lumpy bed. I can forgive the breakfast plates that were so flimsy they couldn't hold the danish I put on them. I can even forgive the tiny bathroom where the door barely cleared hitting the toilet.

But I can't forgive the weird light switch situation where two switches control the front door light and the outlets by the desk. I couldn't charge anything unless I left the light on.

I can't forgive the fact that the housekeeping staff didn't clean my room, even after I asked the front desk specifically to have it cleaned.

But I really can't forgive the shower experience. I've never taken a cold shower before today. The hot water lasted for about two minutes and went cold. Not lukewarm, but cold enough to make me shake.

Here's hoping they can get it together...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank texasbrian

Thank you for visiting Wingate by Wyndham Las Colinas. We take your feedback seriously and apologize we were unable to exceed your expectations. The service you described is not typical of our hotel experience and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We would welcome the chance to personally respond to your concerns and invite you to contact us by calling 972-751-1031. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you soon. I would like to apologize for all of the issues you encountered with your stay.

I would like to share that our property will be going through renovations within the next few weeks and would love to invite you to stay with us on your next trip.

We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future with the assurance of your comfort during your stay with us.