“Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Dallas, Tx
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The photos on their website do not really represent the actual hotel. When we walked in there was an odor of mold and paint. There was a sign on the front desk that stated there was no room service or in house dining available that weekend. That sucked because we chose this hotel for the location, the room service and the indoor pool. We were skeptical about staying after initial check in but decided to give it a try anyway. We got to our room in the 2nd floor (no elevators in the hotel) we passed a breakfast tray on the hall floor (it was 3pm when we got there), no baseboards anywhere, puckled carpet at every step and a stronger odor of paint and mold. We finally make it to our room and the smell continued. The bathroom was dirty. There was a hole in the wall beside the bed. Nothing in the room looked sanitary. My allergies began to go beserk. I started coughing and I felt my throat starting to close up. There had clearly been an animal in that room very recently or vents had not been changed out in a long time. My husband and I immediately made a beeline back to the front desk and checked out. There was no way we could stay there. Our first hint should have been the fact that there were only 3 cars in the entire parking lot on a Saturday. Maybe things will get better after the "remodeling" is complete but now is not the time.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank BRWare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
Wolfforth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We just stayed 2 nights at Hotel Las Colinas. We bid on Priceline and got a pretty cheap rate.

Positives: Nice, safe part of town, very friendly and helpful staff- we had an issue with our toilet and it was fixed immediately. Beautiful landscaping with courtyard. Nice pool area. Clean room, and very nice bathroom. Classy lobby area!

Negatives: I agree wholeheartedly with the previous reviewers that there are many unfinished remodeling projects at this property. The hallways still do not have baseboards, as previously mentioned. The courtyard could use updated patio furniture- some of the plastic chairs were broken. Our room had a hole in the wall toward the baseboard at the bottom by one of our beds. Also- it looks like they tried to paint a red accent wall, but there were spots of white primer sticking out! These things made what could be a great room look very tacky.

Basically, you won't have a "bad" stay here, but if you are looking for well appointed, nicely finished rooms, you probably need to book elsewhere. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank RedRaiderFan416
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had mixed reviews while staying at this hotel. I will outline the good and bad below.

The Good:

The hotel staff members are very friendly and welcoming.
The hotel beds are quire comfortable.
The location is quite convenience, if you are trying to stay in the Las Colinas area.
The hotel seemed clean and in a safe area.

The Bad:

The internet is so slow that watching videos on a smart tablet/phone is not practical. On the second day that I tried to access Netflix from my iPad, it spent more time buffering than actually playing the movie. In fact, even simple google searches were very slow.

The workout room had two treadmills. One of them was out of order. The other treadmill was working, but not properly. If you got the speed above 6.0 for more than about 10 minutes, the treadmill would automatically slow down to a fast walking pace. In addition, the workout room was a bit warm and humid; probably because it was in a room adjacent to the pool.

The bottom of the walls in the hallway were missing trim. This was not a major issue, but it didn't give the appearance that you might want in a hotel. However, they may have simply been in the middle of a renovation project.

I would probably avoid staying here in the future, unless they correct the issues outlined above. I have emailed management about these issues, however I have not yet received a response. It has only been one week, so I do plan to update this review if/when management responds to my email.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travelingfrequent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was here for training. The room I was in (a "suite") left a lot to be desired. Plain white walls with no hangings, oddly finished ceiling with gaps and exposed drywall, etc. Grout in the bathroom had seen better days and there was mold. The door didn't close properly and it seemed all the other doors slammed in the hotel. So I was hearing slamming doors at all hours of the night.

However housekeeping was excellent and took care of me each day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Plainfield, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We went to this hotel after a 17 hour drive. We told them we wanted a 2 queen bed suite for the four of us and a pet. They said no problem. What they gave us was a 2 double bed suite. Apparently after booking with them, we find out they don't have a 2 queen bed suite. 169 dollars, and a refund later. We packed up and left, I was pissed. Don't waist your time or money.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank WerldTrav3l3r
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Was in Irving on business and had to stay there, because unfortunately the room was booked for me.
The front desk and shuttle staff were extremely courteous and friendly, which would almost make up for the less than desirable accommodations. The hotel is supposedly going thru renovations, but I see that comment made by another guest back in October of last year and there were several walls in the hallways that were unpainted or needed wallpaper.
The 'queen-sized' bed turned out to be just a double - the bed itself was comfortable, which is really the only good thing about the room. The water in the shower smelled bad - the amenities (soap, etc.) were definitely low quality, thankfully I bring my own but the hand soap was terrible. The wi-fi was slow, and there was a very limited selection of tv channels. Didn't try the breakfast buffet because it was $12.95 - there is a McDonald's a short walk away which is helpful. I walked by the indoor pool and noticed an oily film on top of the water; really glad I was not there to swim.
Perhaps the owners of this hotel depend on the other larger hotels in the area to send them guests when they're full - IF you are staying in Irving on business, look elsewhere, unless there aren't rooms available (even then I'd recommend you try finding somewhere else to stay).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert W
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was there last Summer around July for a business trip. There are cockroaches in the room as large as a dollar coin. These cockroaches are on the bed, as well as on the wall and ceiling.I contacted maintenance and they got rid of it, the next day when I cam back, the cockroaches appeared. I moved to another room. I was on the first floor. very bad experience. will never go back.

JP

Room Tip: make sure to choose an upper room. The place is being renovated, insects may be crawling all over th...