“OK for $58”

Holiday Inn Las Colinas
Ranked #57 of 77 Hotels in Irving
“OK for $58”
Reviewed 15 September 2004

I stayed in this hotel during the second weekend of June 2004. I had booked a Non-Smoking Room (King Bed) (specifically chose it). However, I was first assigned a room with a strong smoke smell. When I complained to the desk clerk she insisted that it was a Non-Smoking one, though she assigned me another room. I really did not like her misleading and dishonest behavior.

Hotel is OK. However, rooms have less light because of the way the hotel is constructed. They have plenty of parking the week I visited and parking area looked safe. They have an indoor swimming pool as well but I did not use it.

Overall for the $58 (booked through their website) I paid, I got a clean though less lighted room. I would stay here again for the same or lesser price but would not go there if it costs more than $60.

• Stayed June 2004
5 Thank erase.ego

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
Poplar Bluff, MO
Reviewed 15 June 2004

We arrived late in the evening after driving 9 hours that day. After we loaded all of our luggage into the room and were dressed and ready for the hot tub we noticed about 35 jumping bugs in the bathtub. We were moved to a much smaller room for the same cost. The elevators and floors were disgusting and dirty. We got into the "hot" tub, which was as cold as the pool (no exxageration). We were completely disgusted, but were much too tired to change hotels at 1:00 am. We reported this and our dirty room to the clerk at the front desk the next morning and as she smacked her gum, she said that it would be taken care of. The next evening after walking for 12 hours at the Dallas Apparel Market, we returned to another disgusting room and freezing cold hot tub. I know that that is their normal temp. for the hot tub, because on the thermometer next to the tub, there is a sign that reads "this does not control the hot tub temperature." That means something to me. I travel frequently to Dallas, Las Colinas, but will NEVER again stay at this hotel. I refuse to pay $100.00 per night and take bugs home to my family. TRAVELERS BEWARE!!

• Stayed March 2004, travelled on business