Comfort Suites DFW Airport
US$481
US$443
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdfw airportfront deskvaulted ceilingsnext morningwafflesan overnight stayliving areaparking spotnice hotelbed was comfortableleave your caramerican airlinesthird floorother hotelsshuttle servicean early flightrental car
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was my first time staying in a Comfort Suites. I was going to give this hotel 3 stars, but I made a reservation through Hotwire hot rates and got it for a very good price.

Pros: nice bed
2 televisions in the room (really helps when you have kids)
Close to airport

Cons: Swimming pool and hot tub are small
Outside of the waffles the breakfast was a total disappointment.

We had an issue for the shower that was resolved immediately. We also received an accessible room, although we did not need it, I guess that came with the terriority of booking through Hotwire. I would give Comfort Suites another shot just not this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I for one had an excellent stay at comfort suites in my opinion i liked the rooms style they're nice and spacious and they made me feel at home and that was a good thing for me. There was a full breakfast: Scrambled eggs,bacon,cereal,orange juice,but out of all of that my favorite were the waffles that were not only delicious but were in the shape of Texas. There was a good atmosphere at the hotel the workers there were really nice and helpful when i needed help.I would definitely plan another stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We had an airline voucher to stay at this hotel after we missed our flight. We took a shuttle bus to this hotel. Clerk put us in room 102. Terrible mildew smell. Clerk was quick with her computer skills, changed us to room 204, but there was no apology or interest in getting the first room inspected. After I had mentioned that housekeeping should be informed of the problem, she didn't even respond. Room 102 should not be assigned to anyone. Please be aware of this problem.

Another issue---This hotel charges for amenities that should be complimentary. Very disappointed that the smallest tube of toothpaste & scope were $2 each. Bottled water is $2, as well. We arrived at this hotel late at night & without any luggage. This hotel has a contact with American Airlines for hotel vouchers & they know that in many cases folks have had their flights changed/canceled. You don't find out until you get to the hotel that they are going to charge you such ridiculous prices for essentials.
Shame on this hotel for up-charging such an unfair amount. We are Choice Hotel Members & I have complained to Choice Hotel guest services about this issue.

I sincerely hope that customer service & pricing at this hotel will be reviewed and improved.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CajunGirl3
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I had a sales contract with Comfort Suites starting back in June for a meeting I was hosting in July. I arrived at 730am to set up my paperwork and get ready before my meeting at 9am. I talked to the front dest lady and she was not helpful about really doing anything. i wen tto go check on my room to find out it wasnt even set up and they had no idea I was coming. I explained to her that I spoke to Mrs. Jackson your sales person a while a go and showed her the email only for to say that person doesnt work here anymore and I'll have to call my GM who wasnt there at the hotel. I explained I have a meeting for 30 people in an hour and that I need classroom style seating and a power point projector set up as per my conversation with April Jackson, the sales contact. She said she will do what she can and called her GM. The GM then called back and said go ahead an set it up but he would have to charge me an additional 150 charge for a powerpoint! I said that is not what Mrs. Jackson said and that I needed it no matter what. The room took over and hour to set up, and the powerpoint projector did not get there until after 10am, since my meeting was suppose to be at 9am. I didnt get a sorry, nor did they say sorry for the issue with the room and the projector. Then they began to say the total cost was 314!! I was appauled, first you forget Im coming, then e room is not set up on time, the projector is not here like she said and your charging me for it now. UNACCEPTABLE!
The best part was the GM basically didnt care and said "Well I had to pay for the projector up front", thats not my problem sir, your sales lady said it was included. He said its not on the contract so its not true...The only thing he took off was the 50 charge for setup and cleaning...
Poor communication and poor guest service... most of the time I went to the front desk to ask about the projector and when it was being delivered the front desk girl was on her apple computer playing on facebook. I had to ask for coffee and water refills a couple of times..

Do not stay at this hotel, if they cant even get a meeting space arranged that was scheduled a month before hand, can you imagine what they will do for reservations.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Christian M
Sam A, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Dear Guest :

We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. Our sales manager had a family emergency and had to resign abruptly. Since she was not here to clarify your arrangement, the contract that you signed was the only thing that we could go by. The contract did not mention anything about a projector also the meeting room was booked from 9:00 am; we had the room ready by 8:30 am.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We had a party of 14 flying out of DFW and booked this hotel because it said complimentary parking and 24 hour airport shuttle. When we got up on Sat. morning to leave for the airport we were informed by the clerk that they no longer had 24 hour shuttle and because our plane was to land at midnight they could not help us. We had to shuffle around and find other parking and shuttle services that could accomodate us. Ended up costing us and additional $450 for parking for 8 days for 4 cars. Website plainly stated 24 hour shuttle as does the info book in the room. Not a good way to start a vacation.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure the service is as what is advertised.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family