“Nice Stopover Hotel for the Price”

Comfort Suites DFW Airport
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Nice hotel near DFW airport. Price was right also. Only downside is that there is no restaurant in the building. Breakfast was quick and OK. Staff was nice and polite. Good value for a one night airport stay

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rightfoot

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Basically, the only plus was the location close to the airport. I have a standard I appreciate with the Choice Hotels chain and this one would be just about average. Nothing special made it stand out. Hotel has a very confusing layout and the room was "ok". Would I come back? Probably not. I've stayed at so many Comfort Inn's that I will keep coming back to them, but I've removed this one from my list of favorites.
Staff was OK. Nothing made them stand out and want me to come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The hotel front desk man was very responsive to our call for a shuttle and the shuttle came specifically for us within 20 minutes of us calling.

All hotel staff we met were very nice and even arranged for a taxi back to the airport (as we were leaving terribly early before shuttle service started). When the first taxi didn't arrive, they searched around for another which came quickly. (I don't fault the hotel for the taxi service--different companies).

The bathroom had a few loose tiles on the wall and was a bit aged, but overall the accommodations met our needs and at a decent price!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed overnight courtesy of the airlines, as my flight was delayed and I missed my connection out. The hotel itself was fine, but it's shuttle to/from the aiport was a nightmare. Despite being only a few miles from DFW, the shuttle runs only once per hour, which means up to an hour of waiting at the airport for pickup. My wait of 20 minutes (per the gate agent) was nearly an hour.

The lone check-in clerk was bombarded with 30 of us all at once, but he went as fast as he could. There is a small shop that sells food (snacks and such) and common toiletries. The room itself was nice - comfy king size bed, clean bathroom, efficient A/C/heat unit. Breakfast was pretty good. I didn't try to take the shuttle back to the airport because of what happened the night before.

I would stay here again, but only if I had my own vehicle.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The good:
1. A/C is quieter than most hotels
2. Breakfast area had healthy choices
3. The bed was very comfortable
4. Two separate areas in room each with flat screens

The not so good:
1. Towels had that "hotel smell" and were not soft. Several were not bright white, but on the dingy side.
2. I dont like to see black residue or mold on edge of bathtub and tiling... it was a tiny area, but it was there.
3. Ladies, the bathroom sink area has a blow dryer and unlit magnifying mirror but the light is very dim. Hair and skin products offered were avg... ive stayed at equally priced hotels that set out Aveda or Bimble & Bimble which is always a treat.
4. No shuttle available to Grapevine Mills a few miles down hwy 114. Hotels on other side of hwy 114 have the shuttle service. Taxi is $20-$30 to the mall.
5. No ATM... you have to go next door at the Holiday Inn.

When I come back to this area, I will definitely try a different hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank LadyPayne
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Some work mates and I chose this hotel to catch an early flight out of DFW last week and overall it was a nice hotel. It has a unique layout and one that I've never seen at a Comfort Suites, but is was nice to see something different and had some amenities that some may appreciate if traveling with a family. The room I stayed in was a non smoking King room and it had a separate office desk/sofa bed area with it's own TV and then the King Bed area was separated by the bathroom area being in the center and another TV in the King Bed area. Everything worked great, bed was comfortable, and everything was as expected which was nice. I didn't hear any noise issues because it is close to a major Highway and the personnel at the hotel were fine also. If I fly out of DFW again and have a morning flight I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wofiii
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This is one of the hotels we use. Late chrckin put us in room with noise airconditioner. Changed room to even numbered rooms and highway noises were terrible. No other room in top floor so we chose to stay. Sleep was difficult.
Desk agent was great. Judt make sure you stay in the odd number rooms for quiet.

Desk agent was great and

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple