“It served it's purpose...”

Comfort Suites DFW Airport
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Irving
San Antonio, Texas
“It served it's purpose...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had an unexpected layover in Dallas and needed a place to stay for a few hours. This hotel was fine for that. It was clean but nothing fancy. The front desk staff was polite and courteous. And the free airport shuttle was a nice perk!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Childress, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

May 16, 2014, six members of my family and I checked into the Comfort Suites DFW Airport--3 rooms--in order to catch an early morning flight to Atlanta the next morning. The room was mediocre but would work for overnight. We left the hotel at 6 a.m. the morning of Saturday May 17 to catch the 8 a.m. flight to Atlanta. My nightmare began after the bustle of boarding and as the flight was leaving. I touched my ear and realized that I had left my small gold loop earrings on the vanity. Because the plane was already moving, I could not call the hotel at that moment. Wanting to talk with management before the 11 a.m. checkout, I called as soon as I could from the plane, shortly before 10 a.m. Texas time, and talked with the young woman at the front desk. Instead of referring me to management, she sent someone from housekeeping to look for the earrings. I called back after not hearing from the hotel. Of course, the earrings were not to be found but I was assured that the housekeeping manager would check the room. What a joke! How foolish of me to not think about housekeeping entering the rooms before checkout time. Now an employee of Clarion Hotels wears the expensive earrings I had worn for 30 years. That person also took a makeup bag that held only medical and personal items PLUS passport and credit card information. My passport has now been reported as having been stolen, as well as my credit cards. The identity theft is the last straw. I will never stay in another Comfort Suites Hotel or any other Clarion hotel. And I will definitely tell everyone I know about this horrible experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 978judyj
Sam A, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Judy J;
I am sorry for misplacing your expensive earrings and your make up bag. I am not sure if you stayed at a Clarion or our Comfort Suites. Our housekeepers are hardworking honest people and it is not fair to condemn all of them as thieves. We have some guest that will misplace their belonging and later will found it.
Also this is the first time that I was informed of your misfortune. I would have investigated your claim fully if I was informed sooner.
Again I am sorry for your loss.
Chillicothe, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

It is Close to airport with free shuttle, has a small pool, nice breakfast, clean rooms & common areas, comfortable bed and walkable distance to Sheraton for drinks and/or meal. It is nicer on the inside than it looks from the outside.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Burlington, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our connector flight was unexpectedly cancelled, so AA set us up here for the night for another flight early the next morning. We arrived tired but pleasantly surprised. The rooms do look like the pictures, abet a bit darker. The pool is smaller but pleasant for anyone with kids. We were pretty hungry, so we got a cab to the Ranch at Las Colinas, five minutes away where we saw several other restaurants. A few drinks there and it almost didn't matter how our room was but it really was a good place to stay. A convenient shuttle got us to the airport on time, but as it was very early, we missed breakfast. Would recommend to anyone staying near the airport.

Southern Shores, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and comfort of this hotel. We stayed here before jetting off to Boston, MA, but the bed here was much more comfortable than the five-star hotel we are currently staying in.
The rooms have a separate living and sleeping area...the bathrooms are huge and everything was very clean.
We checked in late, but we had great service from the night person and the same great service from the morning desk clerk. Wish we could've transferred some of that Dallas hospitality to our hotel here.
Stay here on the front or back end of a trip, or for the weekend to shop in the Grapevine mills area or Bass Pro Shop. Point is, just stay here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dvany
Kelso, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I recently flew into DFW with family for a week long road trip. We had a late flight into DFW and wanted to stay someplace close. The Comfort Suites DFW Airport was the perfect choice for that reason alone. The rooms were very clean and inviting. The staff was very helpful and accomadating. Needless to say we had a great nights sleep and started our road trip the next day. We liked it so much we stayed there our last 2 nights back in town before flying home. The staff both times were exceptional and the breakfasts were great!

Denton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Juan was very accommodating from the moment I walked in. He was very friendly and helpful, and continually had a smile on his face. Throughout my stay, whatever I needed he was willing to satisfy my requests. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was very exceptional for the majority of hotels that I have stayed in. The waffles especially were very tasty. The complimentary airport shuttle was very convenient. My overall experience was very good.

1 Thank Kendra8489