“Shall do for a nice stay during work travel-trips.”
Review of Aloft Las Colinas

Aloft Las Colinas
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a pretty nice hotel, that was located in the more business district of Irving-Dallas area. They offered to shuttle me not only to the airport, but also they were up for getting me down to my business office only a few blocks away. Very nice of them to do that. Our room might have been a bit shabby though, as several little things kept popping off or were found broken when we messed with them.
I would hope that the other rooms are in better shape though, as if I were paying for this (since the company paid it was, okay) I'd want a room that wasn't so broken. Ex: Our bathroom sliding door was off the track and would sling out when closing it.

Anyway, the lobby area was lovely and great place where a lot of people were hanging out. There was a pool table and a nice fireplace. The outdoor pool was small, but I really liked the area. There was also a fireplace outside, if it were cold enough I would have loved to use that!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Las Colinas

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Found myself having to go to Dallas (Irving) for work for a couple days and my meetings were in the Las Colinas area. Never stayed at an Aloft property before, but I've stayed with Starwood many times and always been satisfied. The place certainly has a hip and trendy theme it is going for, and while that is not really something that is important to me in a place to sleep, it wasn't obnoxious. I'll say this: they are all-in on the theme. The decor is dripping with it, and I'll admit that it grew on me.

Starwood has a spot on their online reservation form for special requests. I figured why not and requested a bucket of ice in my room. I've found many hotels of this size no longer have an ice machine on every floor, so trekking to find the thing is annoying when I just want a cold glass of water after a long day. I didn't expect them to actually do it, and my expectation was met, because I got to the room, and no ice! Called the front desk and was told I had to go down there to get it. The host at the front desk did very promptly give me a big bag of ice, however it would have been nice if they'd have handed it to me when I checked in.

The room was very nice, and very clean. Connecting to WiFi took no time, and the flat screen on the wall has a box hooked up to it that will allow you to connect just about any device to it and project onto the screen provided you have a cable. The signs on it say they have extra cables at the front desk if you forgot yours.

Bed was very comfortable, and I slept like a rock. No random noises during the night. AC unit was a bit loud, but it worked like a champ, so no complaints there. Shower was awesome! The room is set up with counter and vanity to the side as you walk in. The toilet and shower are in a sort of closet area past that with a pocket door for privacy if you need it.

The area immediately around the place has limited options for food, but if you can travel a couple miles by car, you have lots of choices. I didn't partake of the bar or breakfast, but both looked like attractive options.

I'll stay here again when business requires, and I'll ask for the ice before I head up to the room.

Room Tip: Ask for ice before going up to your room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

We really appreciate your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the in-room technology and the bed. Thanks for letting us know about the unmet expectations for the ice request. We do try to accommodate those requests as much as possible. Thanks again for sharing!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Great value; helpful, professional staff; quiet room; good location. We look forward to staying here once a year and appreciate everything about the hotel - absolutely no problems. A hassle-free stay.

Room Tip: Last year we were in 101 - last room in the corridor, VERY quiet. This year we stayed in 102 - agai...
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights on a business trip and would never choose to stay here again. There was nothing awful about the hotel or service, but everything lacked. The rooms are laid out very oddly and I wasn't fond of that at all. The clock next to the bed wasn't digital and the ticking kept me from sleeping so I unplugged it, but was then without a clock. The products in the room were not as nice as promised on the website; the shampoo and conditioner was an in-one product. For $140 per night I'd like to get separate shampoo and conditioner. The product was also installed in the shower gym style which probably reduces the amount of what is taken home by the guest, but again, for $140 per night, I think I should get some cute little bottles to take home. On my second day the blowdryer in my room broke and when I called for a new one was told it would be right up. After 45 minutes my hair was dry anyway so I left. I also received no "I'm sorry" when I reported that it broke, just a disgruntled woman who acted as if I'd put her out somehow. So overall, nothing horribly awful, but for the price paid, disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2013
Meagan B, Meagan Beatty at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We regret to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We take pride in great customer service so we’ll discuss the interactions you experienced with our team right away. Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We really enjoyed our stay!! The room was really clean and so was the bathroom. The shower head felt like you are standing in a rain shower. It was very relaxing. There is no tub at all!!!! Just a heads up for the people who like to take a bath or have young kids they give a bath. We stayed on the 5th floor and amazingly enough we really did not hear other people, including tv's:) rooms are nicely laid out with plenty of space. Nice bar area with a pool table. The pool looked lovely but unfortunately it was still to early in the year to enjoy it. Our only issue we had, very minor by the way, was that our mini fridge did not work. I informed the young lady at the desk as we where checking out the next morning and she had someone on it very quickly. I would highly recommend this hotel my friends and family. Also, we were allowed to check in early witch was a very nice bonus considering we were two hours earlier than check in time. Thank you for that:)

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are happy to hear you were able to have a quiet and peaceful stay with us. We're glad we were able to accommodate your early check in. We apologize that your mini fridge wasn't working but we're able to have someone address immediately. Thanks again!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I really wanted to rate this property 5 stars but...

First let me say that the customer service at aloft Las Colinas is GREAT! The front desk staff is "on the money" when it comes to people skills. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay but there were just a few things I believe that are worth mentioning to fellow travelers.

1. The Elevator: once the "single" door elevator reaches the 5th floor, it make a terrible noise and begins to shake violently. This definitely didn't help with my phobia of elevators.

2. The room: The room is somewhat small for 2 people. I really believe that it's the perfect size for 1 person but this is coming from a suite-only traveler when it comes to hotel rooms. It is noteworthy to mention that the bathroom/shower is not completely closed off. It has a slider door that gives minimal privacy.

3. Cleanliness: Overall, the room was clean, however, there was a placard on the counter/nightstand with a contact lense on it. How on earth did housekeeping miss this???

Again, if traveling alone and in need of a small room that I didn't plan to spend much time in; this would be my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We checked into the hotel three days before I got married. I wanted to get away from the wedding craziness at my mother's house and enjoy sometime with my future husband. We checked in and gave the front desk personnel Welcome bags to give to our guest. We used the aloft for the Host hotel. The proximity to our venue was very short about a 10 minute drive. The room was your typical Aloft style. I can appreciate free parking and water. Two things you pay dearly for at other properties. We had a peaceful nights rest there and we were separated from the rest of our guest so we could sneak in and out as we please. They took care of us and even though they don't participate in the Wedding points programs the price and value were still high.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay before your wedding. We understand that it can be a stressful time so knowing that we are happy to hear that your experience was enjoyable. Congratulations!