“Preserving Starwood standards in Texan heartland”
Review of Aloft Las Colinas

Aloft Las Colinas
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Aloft Las Colinas in Irving Texas is centrally located to the business and IT hub while being just a few steps away from I114. It is also a stone throw away from Las Colinas Country club which is nestled in the Green Zone of parks and grassland.With well lit and laid our spacious rooms in 5 floors, the hospitality was excellent. the WXYZ bar in the lounge area provides the right place to unwind after a hard days work or relax by the pool side or the pool table. There is a small Refuel outlet that serves sandwiches, chips, bread, fruits, yoghurt, tea, coffee and a few soft/fresh/canned juices if you would want to bite into. Not to miss the gym in case you are a fitness freak. Hotel offers free excellent wifi. As fortune had it, Dallas witnessed unprecedented ice sheet rain in Dec leading to iced roads and pathways. fortunately you have a good Chipotle or a Chicago Pizza or Corner Bakery that dishes out hot stuff. You also have a Turkish restaurant just outside the lobby.
The aircon did make a lot of noise as the compressor/blower was right inside the room. This could have been better located to minimize the noise.
spacious bathrooms and utilities like Iron board, coffee/tea machine added value to the price at a central location.
A view from the room on an Icy December morning stole the show.

Room Tip: All Aloft rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RamsPR

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I've stayed here on two separate occasions and had great experiences both times. The rooms are nicely appointed, modern, funky, and have everything you need. I love the walk-in shower versus a gross hotel tub. The common areas are perfect - pool table, outdoor fire, board games. I travel here with my 2 year old (and 2 dogs!) and have had great stays both times. Their dog policy is fantastic, and even comes with treats. I'll certainly stay here again when I'm in D/FW!

Room Tip: They have only a few adjoining rooms, so if you want one, call when you book AND the day before you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Like the title says, this place was pretty cool and trendy. The staff were very friendly and pretty chipper when you walk in. The check in process was a breeze and we went to our rooms fast. I think it was aimed towards the age group of college students (19-29 year olds). It's very modern and the lobby gave my friends and I the sense that we were at a club which we're fine with that. We were pretty impressed/fascinated by the restroom and the room overall. We say the restroom because instead of the usual soap and shampoo little bottles, those things are on the wall with a pump like the ones you use in restrooms. We found that interesting and funny.
The little social area outside made the lobby a club feel because the bar was looked like one you'd see at a club and people were socializing outside too like a club.
Now here come the cons, the problems I had were minimal like the bed was comfy but it was a little firm and that didn't bother me since I was exhausted spending all day at Six Flags, and the other thing was that there is no breakfast buffet or things of that nature which again didn't bother me.
We only stayed the night for a quick weekend trip to Six Flags and we loved it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear gh1garyhits1,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the vibe and culture of the hotel to your liking. We certainly try to be innovative here at Aloft Las Colinas and are glad that you and your friends appreciated that. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Irving.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our second stay at this location. The hotel has a modern style, and there aren't a lot of frills. The rooms are nice and simple. The lobby almost has a club feel. There is a bar, and is nice to hang out and have a few drinks. It is located in a nice area, with a few fast food restaurants in walking distance. It is a short drive from DFW. The staff was all very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Strykk92,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the cool amenities that our hotel offers. We know you have so many choices when choosing which hotel to stay at so we certainly appreciate your repeat business and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stay at this hotel when I travel for business as it is very close to the office. The hotel is modern, clean and nice. Service is usually good. My only complaint about the hotel is the noise in the room. There is a small refrigerator that makes humming noise, but it could be unplugged. There is also an air-conditioner that is very noisy when it goes on. It is hard to turn the AC off, as the room gets hot. Apart from that - nice, modern, simple.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Your typical Aloft with funky, but cool, rooms. Rooms are spotless and quiet, bed comfortable making for a good night sleep. Location is good to DFW and other attractions. WiFi fast and free ... Nothing bad to say here. Also, very cheap rates on weekends that are worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I enjoyed the upbeat accommodations. The staff is pleasant and the lobby is refreshing. I love the techno beats along with the industrial decor. It feels so cosmopolitan. The pool is refreshing and there is an outdoor fireplace that makes it easy to unwind after a long day. My room had everything I wonted. However, the shower had a nasty mold that was not that obvious when I checked in. Not visible, but the smell was pervasive. In fairness, I did not report to the desk & I would stay there again. Lots of restaurants in walking distance and even more if you have a car. Since my appointments were not downtown, this was a great spot to make all my meetings. Easy to get back to the airport, too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business