“Very rude front desk clerk”

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The front desk clerk or manager that was on duty was very rude and lacked any courtesy or people skills.
The hotel is not that much of a value to tolerate poor service.
Rooms are dated ,but clean

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank 727cka
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

On behalf of the entire stafff at Park Inn by Radisson, I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics, it would greatly increase my ability to better assess and attempt to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard. I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below or email me at sally.naidu@parkinn.com. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.
Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South
972-652-2707 .

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Our group had our annual conference here as it was close to the airport and convenient for all to arrive here without a problem. Both Ross and Beatrice were on the job day and night to make sure we were well taken care of. Everything was delivered as anticipated, service was without flaw and the price was right. Conference rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and responded to every request. Is it the Grand Hyatt? No. But, neither is the price. It is large, spacious, and met our every need.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Park Inn, with fellow travelers. We are so happy that our staff left such a great impression on you. We look forward to having you all back again at the hotel.
Thank you sincerely.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 9 pm after a long and fun-filled day of exploring Fort Worth and Uptown Dallas. When we pulled up to the hotel, I was happy that the hotel was situated right off of route 183 (Airport Freeway, near route 35), making it convenient to continue our travels.

Being very tired from a long day, we were pleased that the check-in process was quick and easy. We were not given an upgrade or mention of elite status, but we were so tired that it did not even matter - all we wanted was a nice bed to rest in! :)

My first impression upon entering the hotel was that I was in love with the open floor plan of the lobby and common areas. As you can see from the pictures below, almost every room on every floor had a view of the lobby bar and pool, and the floor-to-ceiling windows provided some gorgeous natural light.

We were given room 235 which was a standard room with 2 queen size beds. The room itself was a bit dated, but extremely spacious, open, and clean (cleanliness is top on my list to ensure utmost comfort during a hotel stay). I personally liked that the sink/vanity was located outside of the bathroom, ideal for those early morning shower/getting ready situations when rooming with someone.

All in all, I will say that I was pleased with my very first stay at a Park Inn. My favorite thing about the brand is that they believe in "adding color to life" and do so by incorporating small bursts of color throughout the room (a bright orange flower near the sink, the rubber ducky, the colorful package of gummy bears...). Hey, maybe it's just me, but I really do appreciate the little colorful touches in life!

The hotel lobby, bar area, and front desk were all part of one open floor plan which I loved.

The indoor pool certainly had an "outdoor feel" with floor-to-ceiling windows allowing for abundant sunshine.

The beds were comfortable and the package of gummy bears on the pillow was a nice, colorful treat!

The sink area was located outside of the bathroom, which is ideal when there are two girls scrambling to get ready in the AM, LOL.

The bathroom was basic, but very clean and stocked with a nice supply of towels.

The shower looked a bit older and basic, but it was immaculately clean and had great water pressure.

The little kid in me really appreciated the rubber ducky, a small touch, but enough to make me smile!

The toiletries included Vaseline body lotion, Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner, and Jergens soap.

The in-room coffee machine was located on the vanity nook directly outside of the bathroom.

For my complete review including pictures please visit my blog post here: http://www.justanotherpointstraveler.com/2012/01/hotel-review-park-inn-dfw-airport-south.html

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank aaucello
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

On behalf of the entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson, I thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, and sharing your honest experience during your visit here, with fellow travelers. We are pleased to know that you were extremely satisified with the quality of our service and also enjoyed those little colorful touches throughout the hotel.
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn, and we hope to see you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

The rooms are clean and good price, but there is no free continental breakfast. The shuttle dropped us off ay the airport with no problem, but it took a while for them to pick us up. The person at the reception desk told us to wait at a certain spot for the shuttle and the driver showed up 2 gates down from us and is a crazy driver.

• Stayed: January 2012

On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn, I apologize about the shuttle service. We try our best to minimize the wait, and we will try harder. We encourage you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Only reason to stay here is if you get stranded at dfw. The hotel is ok but the check in staff was indifferent. The hotel shuttle is in a terrible passenger van. The drivers all speed excessively to the point of danger.... And they refuse to drop you at your departure terminal. They take you to one terminal and then make you take the airport train.
I would never stay here if I had a choice.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank marco1234_2011

On behalf of the entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport, I apologize for your experience with our shuttle service. We will speak to our drivers, and make sure they drive safe and follow the rules. We hope you come and visit us again soon, when travel brings you back to the Dallas area.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Great location easy in and out, close to Arlingtin and airport. Very clean comfortable (large) rooms

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Rayost1

On behalf of the entire staff at Park Inn, we thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our great lcoation with excellent service and thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers.
thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Do yourself a favor and avoid parking here if you want prompt pickup service when you come back to get your car. The property itself is nice (we did not spend the night) but the parking deal is awful. The price is cheaper than what you would pay at DFW but for this you get an extremely slow pickup. We knew the shuttle only ran every 30 minutes to take you to the terminal for your flight, and that was on time for departure. On the way to the airport we took some odd detour to another facility to drop two guests...without any explanation from the driver or any notification that we were not going right to the airport. Good thing we were not running late because it added at least 5 minutes to the trip. Worst of all, when we came back, I called from inside the baggage claim and was told to go outside to wait and that someone would come soon. 25 minutes later, standing outside in 45 degree weather with my 2 year old, I called to ask when the person was coming. I hoped that it would be at the longest 30 minutes wait since the bus ran every 30 minutes...but then 50 minutes later after 3 more phone calls the shuttle finally came to pick us up. But, I had said we had 5 people and the vehicle they sent only had 4 seats...by then we just got in and I had to hold by 2 year old on my lap with no seatbelt available since the vehicle was too small. Also, why did someone not tell me it was going to be while so I could wait inside?? When I asked, the woman said after 35 minutes she would get another vehicle to go since they were swamped...and when we got to the hotel there were at least 2 other shuttle vehicles empty at the curb. She took my number when I first called, "just in case" and then never called to at least tell me it would be a very long wait and to go back inside the terminal. I will never park here again. Stay away.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BigHilda

On behalf of the entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson, we apologize for the delay in shuttle service. We want you to know that your comments are heard and we are working on improving the service. We encourage you to visit us sometime soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area,
Sincerely
Sally Naidu

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South
Hyatt Regency DFW
Hyatt Regency DFW
#30 of 206 in Dallas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South

Been to Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!