“Great value and staff”

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
Ranked #49 of 77 Hotels in Irving
“Great value and staff”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My job sees me here about 10 nights a month. I'm always pleased by the combination of great value, big rooms and friendly staff. They always go out of their way for not just we frequent stayers, but I've had the chance to see them in action with many types of guests.

• Stayed August 2013
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to us, especially from guests who stay with us repeatedly and have seen us thru the name changes. We are thrilled to know that our staff takes great care of all our guests. Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and compliments from our guests, motivate us to do even better.
We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Sally Naidu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
West Hollywood
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Some of the reviews worried me, but I just needed a place for the night, and I picked it based on location and price. I had no problems at all. The room layout is very nice (large vanity outside bathroom area is always so convenient for me), comfy beds, heated indoor poor (although you are on display for diners, guests with rooms overlooking the pool, and lobby/lounge-crawlers), and it's very nice that there is a local shuttle option if you want to explore the immediate area. There are a few casual dining restaurants and fast-food nearby, a mall, convenience stores, and a Wal-mart ( I think). There is the occasional airplane noise in the background, but it didn't really bother me - it wasn't any worse than a large truck rumbling by.
I would stay here again, definitely.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we thank you for your generous compliments. We are thrilled to know that we were able to provide you with excellent services and you loved the convenient location, close to the airport, with all major restaurants and shopping malls in the 3 mile radius. We are pleased to know that you found our shuttle service very convenient to use.
Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've stayed here several times during my visit to Dallas and I have to say that the staff is amazing. They have been more than accommodating and the rooms were always clean! Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel, I thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to know that you enjoy your stay at the hotel, every time you visit us. We look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
General Manger
Kempner
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Prior to Atrium this hotel was owned by the Park Inn franchise. When they owned it this was my favorite place to stay while attending the Texas Rangers game. When Atrium took over this hotel then my opinion dropped. Even though we had a made a reservations 3 months ago the day before our next Rangers game they called and told us the hotel was full and was wondering if our date was flexible. I told them no because it would have been hard to find another hotel the night before the game. Even though I could tell the lady was not very happy about this she told me she would honor the reservation. Everytime I had stayed at this hotel when it was Park Inn we always had a excellent room but not when it became Atrium. We did recieve a room but the carpet in the room had all different color of stains on it. I was very disappointed in my stay and will no longer recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We are sorry, we called to see if your dates were flexible. We had a large group that was requesting more rooms than they had originally reserved and wanted us to try our best to accommodate them, since they did not want to break their group. We called some of our guests to see if their travel dates were flexible, and you were one of them. It was only a request, and had nothing to do with change of name. We were certainly not trying to go back on any commitment. And as you admit, we did honor the reservation.
We do want everyone to know, that we only went through a name change. It is the same ownership, same management, same staff, same hotel. If anything, we will try to do better than before. Extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.
We are in the process of upgrading our rooms and services, and you will see the results for yourself, when you visit us next.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Thank you.
General Manger
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It's a great hotel with an indoor heated pool, in a great location. I have stayed here at least 5 times and have never had an issue. We use the shuttle every time too and have never had an issue. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Txtwister1977
On behalf of everyone here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and would highly recommend our services. Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and we are constantly trying to improve and better our services.
We hope to see you back again soon.
Thank you for your business.
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hotel said that they had parking for guests that were flying out but failed to tell you that there is a 5 dollar charge each night. I hate hidden cost. Flying back in we waited until we were ready for someone to pick us up before we called them to pick us up. They told us someone was already there picking other guest up. We said great we will go back downstairs so they can make one stop. Four phone calls Iater and four times of "we will be there in 5 minutes" they finally show up an hour later. No more for us. .Two strikes and you are out!!!!!too many hotels around!!

• Stayed August 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we apologize for the delay in picking you up. We are constantly trying to make changes to improve our services, and are in the process of trying something new. We have outsourced this service, and are in the process of evaluating the performance.
We just want to give it a chance, before writing off completely. Rest assured, we are closely monitoring the service and will take appropriate steps to remedy and correct the situation.
We truly appreciate the feedback and we will use it to improve our services. We hope you will visit us again, and promise to make every effort to give you a much better experience.
Thank you for your business.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We parked here and took the shuttle service to and from the airport. DON'T MAKE OUR MISTAKE! We called them at 10:58pm to tell them what gate we were at and that we were ready to be picked up -- at 12:40am I finally reached my car. We waited over an hour for the shuttle. I had to call 3 times--finally when I was on the phone to ask them to at least give us a number to call a cab they finally showed up with no explanation for the unreasonable wait (the hotel is 10 mins away from the airport). Then we drove around the airport to pick up people who were no longer waiting (they were the smart ones who called a cab when they got tired of waiting). The Hyatt buses came around 10-15 times in the time we were waiting so I would suggest staying or parking there. Even Motel 6 came around 4-5 times!! If you just need to park I would check the "parking spot" their shuttles came every 5 minutes or so.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LTown2013
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we apologize for the delay in shuttle pickup. It is a third party agency we use for our shuttle service, and we will certainly discuss this issue with them, and take necessary action to remedy the situation. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused due to the delay, and will take measures to ensure this does not happen again.
We truly appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.
We hope you come back and will make every effort to make your visit more comfortable.